What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Penrith games

snickers007

Juniors
You're pushing it a bit to think Hook is the reason they play with this intensity. We were anything but tough under him.

How many tough games did we ever play at high intensity under Hook for 80 minutes? Most our games didn't even start until we were down 14 nil. He was responsible for keeping us fit. But they were very lazy and ill disciplined only playing when they needed to play.

In 2017 for example. His last full year as coach.

Panthers missed more tackles than any other team, had more ineffective tackles then any other team, were top 5 worst offenders for penalties conceded and errors also.

In 2018 we also led the missed tackle count and made the most handling errors, were the most penalised team but since he was sacked mid season i thought it fairer to use his last full season.

Stats can be decieving though.
In 2019, the Roosters made the most errors, most ineffective tackles, second most penalties and they won the comp.

Blade23

Juniors
What's most amazing is how Gus gave him a job in the first place

He was intrigued by the way the Broncos did things. He thought Hook could improve things here. With junior development, fitness, and recovery procedures.
Under Ivan's first reign here he was concerned about player behavior. Standards were slipping in training and there were a few minor things happening that in his opinion could have been handled with a firmer hand. He knew Hook was a hard task masker that wouldn't put up with it. That is why he went for Hook.

Just to be clear. Hook gets no credit from me for restructuring our junior development. That was already underway by the time he got here. He merely came up with a few suggestions to improve on things, but he didn't build or rebuild the pathways as he claims.

franklin2323

Immortal
He was intrigued by the way the Broncos did things. He thought Hook could improve things here. With junior development, fitness, and recovery procedures.
Under Ivan's first reign here he was concerned about player behavior. Standards were slipping in training and there were a few minor things happening that in his opinion could have been handled with a firmer hand. He knew Hook was a hard task masker that wouldn't put up with it. That is why he went for Hook.

Just to be clear. Hook gets no credit from me for restructuring our junior development. That was already underway by the time he got here. He merely came up with a few suggestions to improve on things, but he didn't build or rebuild the pathways as he claims.

Now he is employed has he said it since? People read to much into things

He went on 360 to help them take pot shots at the club and talk to potential employers.

martielang

Bench
Was a comment made in the heat of the moment when he was (rightfully) not in a great place emotionally. The uproar that followed from some on here was Crichton / Tapine levels of overreaction.

Gus' follow up interview on the footy show was one of the most unprofessional things I've witnessed in my entire life. The beginning of the end.

betcats

Referee
Was a comment made in the heat of the moment when he was (rightfully) not in a great place emotionally. The uproar that followed from some on here was Crichton / Tapine levels of overreaction.

Gus' follow up interview on the footy show was one of the most unprofessional things I've witnessed in my entire life. The beginning of the end.

He rubbished a lot of peoples hard work and you cannot call that heat of the moment, he had plenty of time to consider what he would say in that interview. Imo the uproar here was completely appropriate and I was glad that Gus responded.

franklin2323

Immortal
He rubbished a lot of peoples hard work and you cannot call that heat of the moment, he had plenty of time to consider what he would say in that interview. Imo the uproar here was completely appropriate and I was glad that Gus responded.

Gus responding was poor. Was no need for the club to respond should of just focused on the club. Most sane people saw it for what it was

betcats

Referee
Gus responding was poor. Was no need for the club to respond should of just focused on the club. Most sane people saw it for what it was

Depends where you are standing I guess. At the end of the day all parties have moved on and are doing well so its worked out ok, I dont want go over it again tbh as it will just seem like I am slamming him for no reason but with hindsight I dont think Gus or Hook really handled it well, I will leave it at that.

franklin2323

Immortal
Depends where you are standing I guess. At the end of the day all parties have moved on and are doing well so its worked out ok, I dont want go over it again tbh as it will just seem like I am slamming him for no reason but with hindsight I dont think Gus or Hook really handled it well, I will leave it at that.

We had a finals to prepare for with a rookie that should of been the priority.

As for Hook he had to get his next job. Got DT guys onside and went from there.

Given the fact has was commentating and now coaching. He achieved his goal from it

I was a fan of Hook and could still smell the BS for what it was. Most people saw it as that

Kilkenny

Coach
I don’t think it really matters anymore, it is ancient history.

I’m happy for Griffin to get another crack at a head coaching job and hope he does well.