What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Great question!
If, and I think it’s a big if, we decided to cut ties and if we thought Jrthur was the long term answer, I think the realistic target would be Reynolds. But by the sounds of it, there’d be no dollar savings in that move, so we’d be relying on Reynolds being performancially better which I don’t think he’d definitely would be. And after Reynolds I don’t think there’s much available halves depth.

Moses will always have those performances from weekend in him. Every player did, has and always will. But he’s also shown against Boncos and Scum he can play smarter. And while it’s far from a foregone conclusion he could/will when it really counts, if he does it goes a big step towards us winning.

Another option is Widdop. WouId definitely save money with him as he is desperate to return to Australia.

He wouId be a fair option for 2 years to allow Drown time to develop into the main half role.

But how good is Widdops kicking game? How is he performing in the UK?

Plus is his shoulder ok.

Anyhow I doubt Moses is going anywhere

Gazzamatta

Coach
After engaging the markers fantastically well in rounds 2 and 3, I thought Rheed had gone back into his old ways the last two rounds. Certainly his effort in other areas has been great but his D/H smarts went missing. Maybe 60 tackles every week has taken a toll. Who would have thunk?

84 Baby

Referee
After engaging the markers fantastically well in rounds 2 and 3, I thought Rheed had gone back into his old ways the last two rounds. Certainly his effort in other areas has been great but his D/H smarts went missing. Maybe 60 tackles every week has taken a toll. Who would have thunk?
What game were you watching? He was engaging the defence every PTB as they stood right next to him as he picked up the ball.

eels_fan

First Grade
He wouId be a fair option for 2 years to allow Drown time to develop into the main half role.

I’ve seen nothing from Drown to say he’ll ever be a main controlling half. We saw when Moses went down that role when to Gutho despite him playing 1.

I also wouldn’t go near Widdop. He might be half the price but he offers half upside. Value wise i would still have Moses ahead.

For mine Moses gets another 2 years, then we make a call on if Jarthur is ready or a long term prospect to play 7

eels_fan

First Grade
I just don’t see Reynolds being the player he currently is at any other side.

There is not many good news stories about long term one club players being fantastic at the next club after being forced out of a club they don’t want to leave for last couple of seasons of their career.

Avenger

Immortal
I just don’t see Reynolds being the player he currently is at any other side.

There is not many good news stories about long term one club players being fantastic at the next club after being forced out of a club they don’t want to leave for last couple of seasons of their career.
I agree. For every Cooper Cronk there are 10 Chris Sandow’s.

Avenger

Immortal
Hope you're joking around signing Townsend. He'd have to be in the bottom 3 7s in the comp
Townsend is a premiership winning halfback with nearly 200 NRL games. Only 30 years of age. Would cost max, $400k.

How about you give a suggestion.

Latest posts