What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Original Name

Juniors
Looking at the way the Sharks board hade handled this leaves a lot to be desired, CC has a lot to think about.

The smart move is to stay right here.
Fitzy will do well to retain his best players. Players really like Morris and won't be happy with the way he was he was treated. I think for the time being they'll have to focus on fending off other club from launching their own raids. Desperately need to keep guys like Brandon Uele and Talakai. Hopefully we'll have locked up most of our players before then.

Last edited:

murraymob

Coach
I am pretty sure apart from kikau and api all our core players have already been signed up
Some of the stand out juniors also have signed updated contracts
Given the money they will have they need results straight away .10 players off contract and some of them big money earners it’s going to be interesting

maple_69

Bench
I wonder if we’d look at Morris to join Ivan if Ciraldo jumps ship for next year. I reckon he won’t have trouble picking up a head coaching job down the track but I actually think it’ll be reasonably quiet for the next year. Maybe Brad Arthur gets the flick if the Eels can’t find another level and Des at a stretch but otherwise all the struggling clubs have just got new coaches. We’d be a solid spot to spend a year or two.

betcats

Referee
I wonder if we’d look at Morris to join Ivan if Ciraldo jumps ship for next year. I reckon he won’t have trouble picking up a head coaching job down the track but I actually think it’ll be reasonably quiet for the next year. Maybe Brad Arthur gets the flick if the Eels can’t find another level and Des at a stretch but otherwise all the struggling clubs have just got new coaches. We’d be a solid spot to spend a year or two.

I would very happily take Morris on. I think if you look at the young guys he brought through they have been developing really well under him, I doubt he will be out of a job for very long. He could do much worse than be an assistant here. Ciraldo isnt leaving for a head coach role but he has been head hunted just like Barrett was and Brennan before him. Its a matter of time before Ciraldo gets a head coach job even if he stays with us. If your an assistant who wants to get picked up as a head coach Penrith is a good place to build your rep.

Exsilium

First Grade
I think Morris joins us this year in some capacity and then replaces Ciraldo next year if he’s off to play with the gummies.

Decent exchange if you asked me.