What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd.6 v Broncos

Girds89

Bench
Probably the first time in a year we will go into a game off the back of some sustained (this whole week) negative media about our team and individual players.

First time travelling interstate in a year.

Broncs basically at full strength.

I think we will win but not sure it will be a complete smashing.

Hopefully IC has the boys focussed. Media is so quick to forget other teams players being arrogant/niggle.

The reason cronulla were so good against the storm for so long was they were the one team in the nrl that realised to beat them you had to out niggle them and get under there skin. It worked and it worked well for cronulla. Didn't see buzz and co talking about it that year.

Whilst I agree critta shouldn't of dragged tapine into it, the amount of media attention it has got this week has been ludicrous.

WestyLife

First Grade
Probably the first time in a year we will go into a game off the back of some sustained (this whole week) negative media about our team and individual players.

First time travelling interstate in a year.

Broncs basically at full strength.

I think we will win but not sure it will be a complete smashing.

Hopefully IC has the boys focussed. Media is so quick to forget other teams players being arrogant/niggle.

The reason cronulla were so good against the storm for so long was they were the one team in the nrl that realised to beat them you had to out niggle them and get under there skin. It worked and it worked well for cronulla. Didn't see buzz and co talking about it that year.

Whilst I agree critta shouldn't of dragged tapine into it, the amount of media attention it has got this week has been ludicrous.

It'll be good to see how they handle it mentally and if it effects their game.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Panthers NSW Cup coach Peter Wallace has named his squad to face St George Illawarra Dragons at BlueBet Stadium on Saturday.

The Panthers are coming off a strong win over the Raiders and looking to continue their unbeaten start to the 2021 season.
1. Brent NADEN
2. Robert JENNINGS
3. Taylan MAY
4. Izack TAGO
5. Sunia TURUVA
6. Jaeman SALMON
7. Kurt FALLS
8. Jayden TANNER
9. Brendan HANDS
10. Lindsay SMITH
11. John FAIUMU
12. Scott SORENSEN
13. J'maine HOPGOOD

14. Soni LUKE
15. Alec SUSINO
16. Billy TSIKRIKAS
17. Eddie BLACKER
18. Anton IARIA

Love seeing Soni LUKE back amongst it!

Panther Pete

Juniors
The last 2 nights in a row NRL360 (Kent, Hooper and Crawley) have been slagging us off about arrogance and lacking respect etc, will be interesting to see how we handle that criticism tonight. A mate just told me Broncs are paying $12 which is mighty odds in a two horse race and even more so considering we must be due for a loss.

Girds89

Bench
Kent hoops and Crawley have lost the plot.

I guarantee if that was a dogs, cows, manly, tiger, broncs player etc...that pulled on tapine, they'd be saying how good is it to see a low level team player showing a bit of fight and passion and taking it to a heavyweight team. But because we are killing it we are arrogant.

The 3 of them obviously stop watching panthers games the second 80 is done.
Maybe if they'd continue to watch they'd see our players being nothing but respectful to our opponents after a game followed by a huge amount of time embracing their supporters.

Normally I don't mind 360 but the 3 of them are pretty of the mark here and is deadset blown way out of proportion

betcats

Referee
Cody Walker is by far the biggest wanker in the league, he is into blokes way worse than Jarome every game and he literally just got suspended for his dirty play, where is the outrage?

I'm am not worried about our boys, it will just give them more motivation if anything.

Black Magik

Juniors
The last 2 nights in a row NRL360 (Kent, Hooper and Crawley) have been slagging us off about arrogance and lacking respect etc, will be interesting to see how we handle that criticism tonight. A mate just told me Broncs are paying $12 which is mighty odds in a two horse race and even more so considering we must be due for a loss.
When Penrith lose there will be truck loads of "I told you so..." in the media and on that page on this NRL site.

I hope they don't stop. I love it. i love that non-fans hate it.

Jane Murray

Bench
When Penrith lose there will be truck loads of "I told you so..." in the media and on that page on this NRL site.

I hope they don't stop. I love it. i love that non-fans hate it.
The Roosters have the most experienced roster, and the Panthers the least, and we are on top of the ladder. We will lose one eventually, however, I am liking what I am seeing.

mxlegend99

Referee
At $12 odds i threw $20 on Broncos. I cant see us losing. But it's not impossible and $240 might buy enough booze to cover the humiliation of losing to such a bad side.

Although i have a few try scorer bets on tonight also. All on our guys as it should be a one sided try fest. A couple of double bets, Cleary hat trick etc.

My biggest paying bet is a 5 try multi. To'o, Yeo, Burton, Cleary and Luai. 5 bucks returns 700. Not much money to be made on Panthers though. Bookies basically cant see us scoring less than 6 tries and winning by 30 odd points.

Panther Pete

Juniors
Cody Walker is by far the biggest wanker in the league, he is into blokes way worse than Jarome every game and he literally just got suspended for his dirty play, where is the outrage?

I'm am not worried about our boys, it will just give them more motivation if anything.
That’s what gives me the sh!ts about it, there are far bigger grubs/nigglers in the game than Luai but I can’t recall NRL360 spending two nights highlighting grubs likes of Latrell, Walker, Rapana, Maguire etc.

Panther Pete

Juniors
At $12 odds i threw $20 on Broncos. I cant see us losing. But it's not impossible and $240 might buy enough booze to cover the humiliation of losing to such a bad side.
I rarely gamble but was also tempted to put $20 on the Broncos at those odds.

betcats

Referee
That’s what gives me the sh!ts about it, there are far bigger grubs/nigglers in the game than Luai but I can’t recall NRL360 spending two nights highlighting grubs likes of Latrell, Walker, Rapana, Maguire etc.

Yep so many pundits and fans have incredibly short memories. There are sharks fans who happily cheared on and defended Ennis, Maloney, Fifita, Gallen, Barba but think our boys are wankers. Its mind boggling.

WestyLife

First Grade

There's video going around of Luai stomping on a Warriors player's head. Looks accidental to me but everyone saying he did it deliberately.

Panther Pete

Juniors
There's video going around of Luai stomping on a Warriors player's head. Looks accidental to me but everyone saying he did it deliberately.
I have to admit I didn’t like the look of that but yes Crawley played that a few times during the week. Imagine if they put a grub highlights reel of Cam Smith, they could dedicate whole shows to it.

Anyway, that’s enough whinging from me. I am now super pumped for tonight’s game!

Latest posts