What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

BrotherJim05

Bench
I wonder if Madge training them too hard is responsible for their slow starts to games? Was listening to a podcast and former players have mentioned that a week of training to hard can make you lethargic at the start of a game.

No idea if this is true or not but it would explain (or maybe just trying to excuse) alot

I wonder if Madge training them too hard is responsible for their slow starts to games? Was listening to a podcast and former players have mentioned that a week of training to hard can make you lethargic at the start of a game.

No idea if this is true or not but it would explain (or maybe just trying to excuse) alot

Based on that theory, Madge must have them running 100km a day!

There’s a lot health science involved these days, individually tailored. Almost all players are fresh although they might be carrying injuries.

gordsy

Juniors
I agree with you...just interesting that unless he's put it out there that he's not interested, he never gets thrown into the mix as a maybe for a position. Last i heard he was an assistant at the knights? ?
I thought junior talent type role at the eels ?

Das Hassler

Bench
I thought junior talent type role at the eels ?

Just looked him up....Nights after us then as you mentioned a development role at the eels. At least they're jobs where you go to work doing what you love without getting your head kicked in every day.

gordsy

Juniors
Saw Burton play again last night. Can we white ant his deal at the dogs ?
Please ?
Beats scouting dickheads from PNG who can't even be bothered to turn up in decent shape even though we are the only club chasing him. Should have told him to f**k off, torn up his contract and put him on the first plane home. What a merkin. He better be gold or we'll be the laughing stock of the nrl/

Vozzy

Juniors
This Wests Tigers TV series could be such an embarrassment especially when watching them decide on team selections. The club talks too much off the field for mine. We all know the roosters but I don't hear them gloat about a player in their team after an embarrassing loss. I saw how they promoted Luke Garner for getting VB hard worker award I was like "you guys serious".

Das Hassler

Bench
This Wests Tigers TV series could be such an embarrassment especially when watching them decide on team selections. The club talks too much off the field for mine. We all know the roosters but I don't hear them gloat about a player in their team after an embarrassing loss. I saw how they promoted Luke Garner for getting VB hard worker award I was like "you guys serious".

Yep ...when you're swimming with sharks it's always a good idea to put some blood in the water so they're happy and leave you alone

Fordy20

Juniors
I agree with you...just interesting that unless he's put it out there that he's not interested, he never gets thrown into the mix as a maybe for a position. Last i heard he was an assistant at the knights? ?

I can't see why he would be interested in being a first grade coach after the way our club burned him.

I'm a firm believer that if he was re-signed, Potter would have fixed our backline just like the way he fixed our forward pack by bringing in Gavet and Taupau. We wouldn't have lost Farah and as a result, we wouldn't have lost Tedesco, who Farah talked out of leaving in the first place.

The new board screwed up very badly by mistaking an injury crisis and a temporary media shit storm for poor coaching. After looking at how the Dragons are going right now, the board screwed up even further by signing Taylor rather than Hook.

Saw Burton play again last night. Can we white ant his deal at the dogs ?
Please ?
Beats scouting dickheads from PNG who can't even be bothered to turn up in decent shape even though we are the only club chasing him. Should have told him to f**k off, torn up his contract and put him on the first plane home. What a merkin. He better be gold or we'll be the laughing stock of the nrl/

spoiler alert.........we already are

I think Harry had a great season under Madge and maybe can be used as an example that Madge is a good coach.

It’s interesting that some players can thrive under a coach whilst others fester.

The best coaches get more players thriving I suppose or their is a natural dynamic at work. I wonder if Harto thinks about this.

Everyone laughed at Hook when he dug up players from the graveyard and the whole side seems pumped up and aggressive.

I watched the Seibs coaching show last year, the body language from the players was very telling.
You could sense the high opinions and egos in the room, you needed sunnies!

One for @The Rosco and @Tigerm - if six headed aliens landed on planet earth, the only time they wouldn’t feel homesick is while watching Wests Tigers TV.

Last edited:

gordsy

Juniors
Grant is another level, when he is fully fit and has a bit more experience he will be one of top 3 if not the best hooker in the comp.

The Storm miss Smith so much. Last night was a lot of crash ball near the line, aka ego plays. Wouldn't have happened that much under Smith.

Yes Bellamy has a great system but it's easier to keep blokes inline when your team had Smith, Slater, Cronk in it. Now those boys are gone it gets harder for the coach to keep blokes inline.

Latest posts