What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 6 vs Melbourne @ AAMI Park

Who will win? Round 6: Melbourne v Sydney

• Melbourne Storm 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Sydney Roosters 1-12

• Sydney Roosters 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2021 - Round 6
Melbourne Storm v Sydney Roosters
AAMI Park, Melbourne (TICKETS)
Friday 16 April 2021

NRL kickoff 7:55pm

MELBOURNE-2021.png

1. Ryan Papenhuyzen 2. George Jennings 3. Reimis Smith 4. Justin Olam 5. Josh Addo-Carr 6. Cameron Munster 7. Jahrome Hughes 8. Jesse Bromwich 9. Brandon Smith 10. Christian Welch 11. Felise Kaufusi 12. Kenneath Bromwich 13. Nelson Asofa-Solomona
Interchange: 14. Harry Grant 15. Tui Kamikamica 16. Tom Eisenhuth 17. Nicholas Hynes 18. Aaron Pene 19. Dean Ieremia 20. Chris Lewis 21. Brenko Lee

SYDNEY-2021.png

1. James Tedesco 2. Daniel Tupou 3. Josh Morris 4. Joseph Manu 5. Brett Morris 6. Drew Hutchison 7. Sam Walker 8. Isaac Liu 9. Benjamin Marsce 10. Siosiua Taukeiaho 11. Angus Crichton 12. Sitili Tupouniua 13. Victor Radley
Interchange: 14. Adam Keighran 15. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves 16. Nat Butcher 17. Lindsay Collins 18. Fletcher Baker 19. Matt Ikuvalu 20. Ben Marschke 21. Daniel Suluka-fifita

fevf2bE.jpg

Referees: Adam Gee
Sideline Officials: Todd Smith, Phil Henderson
Video Referees: Henry Perenara

QLD Cup - PNG Hunters v SC Falcons (MEL) @ Bycroft Oval, Sat 2:10pm
Ipswich v Brisbane Tigers (MEL) @ North Ipswich, Sat 5pm
NSW Cup - Mounties v Norths (SYD) @ Aubrey Keech Reserve, Sun 2pm​

Last edited by a moderator:
It is game day ladies and gentlemen. Time to fire up Rooster fans. It is going to be a very tough ask, but now is the time to really get behind the boys. Do us proud Easts.

Storm by 8, but I certainly hope I am wrong.

It was certainly a game of two halves.

I was very proud of the boys in the first half.

However, I was somewhat disappointed in the second. Our gaps in the halves (particularly at 6 and 9) were clearly shown up during this period. While I like Hutch, he is not a short to medium term answer. Our fill in hooker is just that - he is too inexperienced for that role.

Apart from the injuries to JWH and SST, obviously our weakness in the halves (particularly in the 6 and 9) was exposed the other night. Few teams, if any, would be able to remain fully competitive given the injuries we have sustained. As much as I like him, I do not think 'Hutch' is the answer at 6. I would still like to see Manu at 6, bring the Morris brothers together in the centres and debut Suaalii on the wing. Hutch could possibly go into 9, but I think a roving type role off the bench is his best option.

I was proud of the boys in the first half, but felt a bit disappointed in the second stanza.

Anyway, it is back to the drawing board this week. I was hoping the Dragons won today, as that means they might not have been quite as desperate ahead of next week! This game could prove to be anything. We should start as favourites, but are no certainties.

It is going to be interesting to see whether:

-- Brett Morris will return from his calf issue;
-- Sam Verrills will be back this week (or later);
-- Joseph Suaalii gets to debut this week (I suspect not);
-- something changes at 6, 9, in the centres and on the wing;
-- Isaac remains at starting prop (I think he should be on the bench);
-- Robbo keeps utilising Nat Butcher in the same way he has been.

Latest posts