What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leilua Brothers

kit66

Bench
I would have preferred that we kept Leilua and used the Merrin money to buy is brother. If De Belin does not get through this challenges, then recruit Merrin with De Belin salary cap.

This would have made sense. I'm sure there was talk of approaching Joey a year or two ago as well but didn't happen.
I wrote a couple of posts ( in here I think ) suggesting we approach both Joey and Rapana when their contracts were up for renewal years ago. Now we get to sit back and watch another team reap the benefits. Luc, joey and Benji in the same team should provide some very entertaining highlights.

Also on Wests, what happened to Packer, he had a great year for us then left and went completely to shite ?

possm

Coach
This would have made sense. I'm sure there was talk of approaching Joey a year or two ago as well but didn't happen.
I wrote a couple of posts ( in here I think ) suggesting we approach both Joey and Rapana when their contracts were up for renewal years ago. Now we get to sit back and watch another team reap the benefits. Luc, joey and Benji in the same team should provide some very entertaining highlights.

Also on Wests, what happened to Packer, he had a great year for us then left and went completely to shite ?
Looks like he got the big buck contract he was after and then just laid back waiting for a payout.

watatank

Coach
What does the article actually say?

We still lack forward depth so wouldn't necessarily say no to either. Would probably consider Joey Leilua as a bench forward/utility with the way he is playing.

giboz71

First Grade
What does the article actually say?

We still lack forward depth so wouldn't necessarily say no to either. Would probably consider Joey Leilua as a bench forward/utility with the way he is playing.

We've just added Burns and McGuire. Molo will be here next year. JDB maybe a possibility as well?

Essentially, we have Kerr, Sims, Ford, Burns and Fui that can play edge forwards. Bird as well. We're well stocked in this position now. And if we wanted extras, we can do far better than either Leilua.

watatank

Coach
Kerr and Sims are edge forward options for now but don't know how viable they are long term. Don't know what to make of Ford any more because he can't break his way into the team despite promise for a few years. Fui has shown he is more effective in the middle. Burns is unproven.

As for Bird, the fact he is being discussed as an option for edge forward means we could probably use depth. If we just got an edge forward maybe you just keep Bird at centre.

Whether either Leilua brother is the solution to all of this is unclear but I think we could consider depth.

giboz71

First Grade
We're still low on talent compared to the top sides, so we've built our success on defence and everyone doing their job. The only bad lapse we've seen recently is Poasa's ordinary attempt against Newy that led to a try. He may not make it back into the side because of it especially with McGuire joining.

Can't tolerate lazy defence any more, even Lawrie has picked it up.

Hence I doubt either of the Leilua boys fit into what Hook is delivering.

Maddragon99

Juniors
We're still low on talent compared to the top sides, so we've built our success on defence and everyone doing their job. The only bad lapse we've seen recently is Poasa's ordinary attempt against Newy that led to a try. He may not make it back into the side because of it especially with McGuire joining.

Can't tolerate lazy defence any more, even Lawrie has picked it up.

Hence I doubt either of the Leilua boys fit into what Hook is delivering.
Surely we’ve moved on from these guys? Not needed & better options out there

Old Timer

Coach
JL is brain dead and well past his best which if people are truly honest wasn't all that good for that long anyway.

LL was rather adamant that he wanted to play with his brother and if that is still in his thought process then his own career (which is actually starting to build due to his own efforts) will spin out of control very quickly.

Niether 1 is a good fit for us going forward and most certainly not both of them.

Latest posts