What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinion Penrith

The_Frog

First Grade
Last night I noticed Martin always raising a forearm whilst running the ball. I like the rest of his game, but that's dirty.
Bumper bars they call them. Players have been doing this for as long as the game has been played. Affords protection from high shots.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
There’s never been a more teamier team in anything. Even those heavily drilled, life or death commando squads wouldn’t come close to the teaminess of this superb group of people. Their highlights package will put an end to conflict in Ukraine and the South China Sea by encouraging camaraderie in chasing a common goal. I have something in my eye just thinking about them
images

tenor.png

Fangs

Coach
That's the one I meant. So cringe, especially in an Origin. Deserved the decade of dominance by the other side that was soon to come

Saw it live, one of the great Origin moments. QLD got obliterated and it was thoroughly deserved.

Girds hattrick and 10/10 goal kicking. Outstanding performance from one of Penrith's finest.

Valheru

Coach
That's the one I meant. So cringe, especially in an Origin. Deserved the decade of dominance by the other side that was soon to come

That was at least in the context of an era where players were being encouraged by the footy show to come up with good post try celebrations. I agree it is cringe worthy to look back on but it is what it is.

Penrith were much better last night apart from the head stomper's habitual 30m sprint to jump on someone's shoulders.

Frailty

First Grade
Bumper bars they call them. Players have been doing this for as long as the game has been played. Affords protection from high shots.

Nope, it's a raised forearm that's coming into contact with tackler's heads. That's never been allowed. 'Bumper Bars' are not raised.

Frailty

First Grade
So how is he not coming under attention for it?

Same way that Luai didn't come under attention for stomping Nikorima last season? Same way that Nathan Brown didn't come under attention for a shoulder charge the set right before Nikora got charged for one?

Incompetence and inconsistency.

The_Frog

First Grade
Same way that Luai didn't come under attention for stomping Nikorima last season? Same way that Nathan Brown didn't come under attention for a shoulder charge the set right before Nikora got charged for one?

Incompetence and inconsistency.
Nathan Brown? He doesn't play for us.

The Luai one was considered an accident. The potential for injuring an ankle doing this running at full speed would be high.

Can you point me to a time in the game last night when Martin did this, so I can take you seriously because honestly I've never noticed it and nor seemingly has anyone else.

Frailty

First Grade
Nathan Brown? He doesn't play for us.

The Luai one was considered an accident. The potential for injuring an ankle doing this running at full speed would be high.

Can you point me to a time in the game last night when Martin did this, so I can take you seriously because honestly I've never noticed it and nor seemingly has anyone else.

My point of using Nathan Brown was to actually show it's not a "because it's Penrith" whinge. I will try to get a few grabs for you when I can.

The_Frog

First Grade
I found a couple of these things around 24 minutes, not really contacting the head though. There seemed to be some feeling between him and Flegler last night, but it was good natured.

Danish

Referee
Ehhh, I'm not a fan of it either but it seems to be this generation's go.

Nothing will ever match NSW's cringe-worthy ten pin bowling effort back in the 2000s.

at least that ten pin effort killed off post try celebrations.

And if nothing else NSW did that with full intent to be smug pricks rubbing QLDs nose in it. No one involved claimed afterwards that they were being respectful and just having fun

GongPanther

Referee
Is it 20 wins in a row, or 21?...anyway, when an NRL team has 20 consecutive season wins (or 21), either fans admire us, or simply can't stomach us and call us "smug", then get the dickhead media onside to underline their sad petulance. F**king losers.