What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Whino

Bench
Further MP news

Panthers lose respected team member

Highly regarded Medical and Rehabilitation Coordinator Craig Catterick is departing the Panthers. Catterick is a favourite of Penrith coach Ivan Cleary and has been instrumental in getting plenty of the club’s injured brigade back on the field. He’s been poached by the NRL and will start a new job at League HQ in the coming weeks.

Girds89

Bench
This was never in dispute. But he does need to round out his game more.

I get the feeling that using illegal drugs on the eve of a Grand Final is regarded as terminal around the Panther corridors of power.

If it was I reckon they'd not have stuck by him.
It was a dumb thing to do.. hardly let the team down when he came on though. It clearly shouldn't of happened but.

Hopefully he is in a better head space than what he was last year. Not being able to see his family, the racial abuse, first full season in fg would all have been pressures no doubt.

Hes supposed weaknesses certainly arent as great as some make out. As I said before value for money he is very good.

Does critta need to "round out his game more" given he's on x4 the pay packet? For a bloke on close to minimum wage he has a great try scoring ability and his defensive woes certainly aren't as bad as some back out. He had a few avg games last year,mostly against the best attacking sides.

If he can keep his head screwed on and we let him go I really think we will regret it. Gus wrote an article the other week about Tom Eisenhuth and how some players just take a bit longer to develop. Naden just needs another chance and he won't look back. Most blokes that come into first grade don't realise the step up in defence and intensity and it takes a bit to adjust.

I will always refer back to M Jennings as the best example. Took him a few seasons to become a good defensive centre and towards the middle to back end of his career he was elite defensive centre.

Port Panther

Juniors
Further MP news

Highly regarded Medical and Rehabilitation Coordinator Craig Catterick is departing the Panthers. Catterick is a favourite of Penrith coach Ivan Cleary and has been instrumental in getting plenty of the club’s injured brigade back on the field. He’s been poached by the NRL and will start a new job at League HQ in the coming weeks.

What for foot rubs and massages ffs?
Getting plundered by everyone now !

WestyLife

First Grade
Further MP news

Oh great. The club is being gutted haha.

maple_69

Bench
I don’t think we should ever regret letting an outside back or forward not named Fish or Yeo go. If the offer is too big for us to fit them then we need to move on.

I personally rate Naden above Momo and love the fire that he brings (not that our squad is missing it) but someone will offer him what he deserves ($250K I reckon) and that’s way more to tie up than Turuva/Tago/May would cost next year to be a fringe 17 guy rounding out their game.

Kilkenny

Coach
I don’t think we should ever regret letting an outside back or forward not named Fish or Yeo go. If the offer is too big for us to fit them then we need to move on.

I personally rate Naden above Momo and love the fire that he brings (not that our squad is missing it) but someone will offer him what he deserves ($250K I reckon) and that’s way more to tie up than Turuva/Tago/May would cost next year to be a fringe 17 guy rounding out their game.

I like Naden but I have kind of accepted he is going to be yet another out the door.

I understand the salary cap is a tough thing to manage, but it just seems we are experiencing more pain than most. I don’t get it. Goodness knows we must have released or not re-signed about 10 players in the last 12 months with more to come in the next 12 months.There are other sides with stacked rosters who for reasons unknown to me don’t seem to be experiencing the same pain.

MugaB

Coach
I like Naden but I have kind of accepted he is going to be yet another out the door.

I understand the salary cap is a tough thing to manage, but it just seems we are experiencing more pain than most. I don’t get it. Goodness knows we must have released or not re-signed about 10 players in the last 12 months with more to come in the next 12 months.There are other sides with stacked rosters who for reasons unknown to me don’t seem to be experiencing the same pain.
So now you accept it, but when Mansauce and Tamou leave, we were in peril, it's good thing to see our juniors flourish, even if we can fit them in the panther 1st grade side, hopefully it doesn't happen too often in the future, although capes looks like he is getting serious offers, i just hope he chooses to stay one more year, then links up with wayne at the new Qld franchise, not boncos, he'd be flushing his career down the tube if he did

WestyLife

First Grade
https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/04/16/too-too-good-blues-cant-overlook-nrls-best-winger-for-origin/

Meanwhile, Capewell said he was in no hurry to finalise his future as the off-contract second-rower faces being squeezed out of the Panthers due to the salary cap.

Capewell is reportedly on the radar of the Broncos but he insisted his next move, if away from Penrith, will be to a club building a winning culture that he loves at the Panthers.

"I have plenty of options and at the moment I am keeping it open. Why would I want to leave a team like Penrith? They are flying and there is such a good culture at the club and I am loving every day at training," he said.

"Ultimately, the goal is to continue playing for a team like that. I will see how it goes.

"I'm not really too worried about next year yet, it's hard to worry about next year when you are in week to week mode throughout the season because you are so consumed about the next game. The other stuff will take care of itself.

"Being a Queenslander, not that that will affect my decision at the end of the day, I want to go to a club that's got the same culture as me and believes in the same sort of stuff which is hard work and having that team culture.

"When you are making a decision like that, it's not about money so much or where you have to live, that comes into it a bit, but as long as the club aligns with my values that's what I will look for."

BxTom

Bench

I don't know about that. As much as I don't rate Cleary as a coach, there must be a reason for him playing Naden at FB in NSW Cup. FB is an area that we are a little thin on the ground with, as has been shown by Edwards injury, I could be wrong, but I think if they were going to boot him, they would/could have already.

Jane Murray

Bench
I don't know about that. As much as I don't rate Cleary as a coach, there must be a reason for him playing Naden at FB in NSW Cup. FB is an area that we are a little thin on the ground with, as has been shown by Edwards injury, I could be wrong, but I think if they were going to boot him, they would/could have already.
Maybe they are eyeing off another player.

John Hamblin

Juniors

A lot of other clubs will be looking at Penrith and try to copy things that we are doing. Apart from last years GF what more can Ivan do. Copying is the greatest form of flattery, Sure we may have the best junior league but IC deserves a hell of a lot of praise for how the team have performed over the last 2 years. A lot of people on this site are over critical. Well done IC credit where credit is due.

Original Name

Juniors
Well playing fullback he just carved up the team that's probably 2nd best team if we're the first. I think it could just a matter of confidence and fitness. The Raiders feeder team are better than some garbage first grade teams and they couldn't handle him.

Last edited: