What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd.6 v Broncos

WestyLife

First Grade
What are you getting at though? It is just one play he ran instead of passed. Mom had a good game and has been fantastic overall. I mean he had a fantastic pass last week to set up that try, he breaks tackles, he is very good in the air and he is giving the ball to Charlie more and more imo.

You can pick out mistakes from most of our backs tbh. Burton could have tackled or slowed down TPJ more for their first try, he could've looked to his left on that break and seen Critta instead of running away. To'o dropped the ball over the line and had some errors. Critta missed a tackle of that forward as well as some others. Charlie had a good shot at the try line and got bundled into touch. Its very rare that someone plays a perfect game.

Why is it getting at you so much? It's getting a bit weird like we can only mention positive stuff like it's Facebook. I was just adding to whoever said earlier that it happened and someone else said it didn't.

betcats

Referee
Why is it getting at you so much? It's getting a bit weird like we can only mention positive stuff like it's Facebook. I was just adding to whoever said earlier that it happened and someone else said it didn't.

I am just posting my opinions mate I haven't attacked you in anyway, if that is getting to you its your problem.

Edit: Its not my intention to make you feel like you cant post something negative but at the same time if that is how you are feeling I dont really care, tell me to f**k off or ignore me that is what I would do.

Last edited:

WestyLife

First Grade
I am just posting my opinions mate I haven't attacked you in anyway, if that is getting to you its your problem.
It's not getting to me at all. It's just coming across strangely defensive so peaked my curiosity.

For those who were talking about it. The first doesn't look as bad since he juggles it first.

giphy.gif

betcats

Referee
It's not getting to me at all. It's just coming across strangely defensive so peaked my curiosity.

For those who were talking about it. The first doesn't look as bad since he juggles it first.

giphy.gif

They are chances for sure but I think he is showing plenty of potential overall and the combination is getting better, its worth giving time. You can make a good argument for all of the potential centres. With origin coming there will be more chances for Burton and probably Naden to play even after Dylan comes back. Mom wont get off this charge, possibly it will get downgraded if they try but he will miss a week at least, Burton will be there for a few more weeks at least in that time he could make himself to hard to drop.

Jane Murray

Bench

giphy.gif
I put that down to lack of game time between the two.

WestyLife

First Grade
They are chances for sure but I think he is showing plenty of potential overall and the combination is getting better, its worth giving time. You can make a good argument for all of the potential centres. With origin coming there will be more chances for Burton and probably Naden to play even after Dylan comes back. Mom wont get off this charge, possibly it will get downgraded if they try but he will miss a week at least, Burton will be there for a few more weeks at least in that time he could make himself to hard to drop.
I said a few weeks ago I thought it was due to being a new combination. I'm probably an idiot though because I'm happy enough to back the original 17 Ivan had with Burton as back up but I agree Burton is a gun and will be hard to drop. He's made maybe one or two mistakes with the defence this game the only thing I can remember from Burton.

betcats

Referee
I put that down to lack of game time between the two.

They are both play four also which may have made him more likely to take the tackle, they also both got bundled touch last week so its possibly just him playing it safe. He probably should've pulled the trigger on at least one of them.

Girds89

Bench

giphy.gif

The 2nd one is absolutely horrible. Say what you want but that wasn't nrl centre standard.
The 1st one I can half understand, he still shouldve passed but.
2nd one is pure shit..Charlie scores or at least gets one on one with fb from there 99% of the time

Girds89

Bench
Hes natural instinct isn't to set up his winger. A straight hole/line running centre would definitely suit that side better and compliment Staines way better.

Momo crabs and jinks with the ball and it just takes away valuable time from Staines if he does pass.

Momos done plenty of good things but he's really missed quite a few opportunities now. Those 2 last night were definite golden opportunities wasted.

WestyLife

First Grade
The 2nd one is absolutely horrible. Say what you want but that wasn't nrl centre standard.
The 1st one I can half understand, he still shouldve passed but.
2nd one is pure shit..Charlie scores or at least gets one on one with fb from there 99% of the time

Yeah if you watch his head he doesn't look to his outside at all on plays designed to create an overlap.

Thirsty Panther

Juniors
This is the frustrating thing with the way we use Staines.
He is not a Mansour or To'o type winger but we continue to use him as if he was. A couple of times last night the Broncos gang tackled him and produced errors.
We need to be smarter, quick early ball or maybe have him around the ruck like Papenhausen, to attack tired forwards.
We are wasting his talent using him the way we are.

Smug Panther

First Grade
This is the frustrating thing with the way we use Staines.
He is not a Mansour or To'o type winger but we continue to use him as if he was. A couple of times last night the Broncos gang tackled him and produced errors.
We need to be smarter, quick early ball or maybe have him around the ruck like Papenhausen, to attack tired forwards.
We are wasting his talent using him the way we are.
Burton and Momorovski were taking tough carries. Our forwards just plodded

Luke Bowden

First Grade
I think his form is below what he's capable of in 2021 to be specific. He looks not particularly confident a lot of the time to me.

He’s playing out of Position, trying to learn one of the hardest positions in the game, it will take him a good 12 months to get anywhere near Edwards as a full back.

Personally, I’d probably have preferred Stains to have a crack, but either way, we are winning, so I’m happy for him to get some much needed experience.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Watching the replay now. At around 12 minutes and 58 minutes Momirovski had an unmarked Staines and chose not to pass.

yeah, I thought Momo was a bit clunky in attack, just seemed to be off the pace. He’s was solid in D though. They also defended that edge quite well. Definitely not his best game.

WestyLife

First Grade
He’s playing out of Position, trying to learn one of the hardest positions in the game, it will take him a good 12 months to get anywhere near Edwards as a full back.

Personally, I’d probably have preferred Stains to have a crack, but either way, we are winning, so I’m happy for him to get some much needed experience.

That's why I thought Staines. He doesn't have Crichton's hight but understands the position a bit better. We really need Edwards back :disappointed_relieved:

franklin2323

Immortal
I said a few weeks ago I thought it was due to being a new combination. I'm probably an idiot though because I'm happy enough to back the original 17 Ivan had with Burton as back up but I agree Burton is a gun and will be hard to drop. He's made maybe one or two mistakes with the defence this game the only thing I can remember from Burton.

He is also on the good side though. Anyone would go good in there. Eisenhuth I see as the one going out. Yeo played prop before he came on. So get to still see Burton after SOO and back to full strength

WestyLife

First Grade
He is also on the good side though. Anyone would go good in there. Eisenhuth I see as the one going out. Yeo played prop before he came on. So get to still see Burton after SOO and back to full strength

Gotta be careful a small bench hurt against Broncos.

Black Magik

Juniors
I looked at the stats for the game and am astonished how similar both teams were. I was sure the Broncos had better set distance and kicked more. They really played well and should start making their way up the ladder.

Panther Pete

Juniors
I looked at the stats for the game and am astonished how similar both teams were. I was sure the Broncos had better set distance and kicked more. They really played well and should start making their way up the ladder.
I would have thought the Broncos averaged more meters per set than us, I thought our forwards struggled for the first time this year. I was having flashbacks to last years grand final.