What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Dragon Blood

Juniors
Yep, no argument from me Norman is playing well but its what he should have shown for the past 2 yrs however having said that the previous coach destroyed more than one career. My view, if he keeps playing well a 1 year extension max if Hook doesnt consider the younger brigade are not ready for FG.

I Don’t agree at all that Noman is playing any better than what I’ve seen from him in the last two years. From what I can see is, he appears better because we now have a real coach that has the whole team playing for each other and Norman has just been caught up in the whole uplift of our game.

I have still to date see him support and create like Luia did for Cleary tonight.

If the decision was to extend Dufty at the expenses of Norman then it's a no brainer. Dufty is an X factor player and I as a fan would hate to lose him to another club. Yes he has some flaws but is improving week by week under a proper coach.

I think Norman is doing a Tim Lafai on us (play well in your final year to get a 3 year extension), like other forum members have mentioned there is plenty of clubs looking for experienced halves yet nobody wants dinner suite Normie.

for the record i'm now a rusted on Dufty fan.

kit66

Bench
[QUOTE="Dragon Blood, post: 14636915, member: 42225"]I Don’t agree at all that Noman is playing any better than what I’ve seen from him in the last two years. From what I can see is, he appears better because we now have a real coach that has the whole team playing for each other and Norman has just been caught up in the whole uplift of our game.

[/QUOTE]

Without his kicking game this year we probably wouldn't be 4-1. Our defence has been great but we haven't won the " run metres " in any of our 5 games so far. It's our kicks getting us up field and we win the kick metres regularly and usually it's been the difference for us, last week included with double the Eels kick metres. Norman's also had a lot more touches than last year and even his defence has improved. I'm not saying re-sign him ( we can do better ) but he's definitely more commited this year and it shows.

Dragon David

First Grade
[QUOTE="Dragon Blood, post: 14636915, member: 42225"]I Don’t agree at all that Noman is playing any better than what I’ve seen from him in the last two years. From what I can see is, he appears better because we now have a real coach that has the whole team playing for each other and Norman has just been caught up in the whole uplift of our game.

Without his kicking game this year we probably wouldn't be 4-1. Our defence has been great but we haven't won the " run metres " in any of our 5 games so far. It's our kicks getting us up field and we win the kick metres regularly and usually it's been the difference for us, last week included with double the Eels kick metres. Norman's also had a lot more touches than last year and even his defence has improved. I'm not saying re-sign him ( we can do better ) but he's definitely more commited this year and it shows.[/QUOTE]
It might just be a co-incidence but we have won the 4 games that Corey has played in this year. He didn't play in our first game loss to the Sharks, so he might be the good luck charm that you need in this game together with the improvement in a lot of aspects of the other players with Hook's influence.

Norman under Mary was not much chop, but under Hook, he is bringing more to his game and showing a lot more confidence which is important for him and the team.

kit66

Bench
Without his kicking game this year we probably wouldn't be 4-1. Our defence has been great but we haven't won the " run metres " in any of our 5 games so far. It's our kicks getting us up field and we win the kick metres regularly and usually it's been the difference for us, last week included with double the Eels kick metres. Norman's also had a lot more touches than last year and even his defence has improved. I'm not saying re-sign him ( we can do better ) but he's definitely more commited this year and it shows.
It might just be a co-incidence but we have won the 4 games that Corey has played in this year. He didn't play in our first game loss to the Sharks, so he might be the good luck charm that you need in this game together with the improvement in a lot of aspects of the other players with Hook's influence.

Norman under Mary was not much chop, but under Hook, he is bringing more to his game and showing a lot more confidence which is important for him and the team.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I should have mentioned the Sharkies game - no Norman and our kicking game was crap - just 442mtrs to Sharks 811mtrs - shows his importance right there. He's also got 3 try assists from just 4 games this year after giving us just 6 for 2020.

Maddragon99

Juniors

Without his kicking game this year we probably wouldn't be 4-1. Our defence has been great but we haven't won the " run metres " in any of our 5 games so far. It's our kicks getting us up field and we win the kick metres regularly and usually it's been the difference for us, last week included with double the Eels kick metres. Norman's also had a lot more touches than last year and even his defence has improved. I'm not saying re-sign him ( we can do better ) but he's definitely more commited this year and it shows.[/QUOTE]
I’m no Norman fan but I can acknowledge he’s playing much better but it’s easier for Halves to play well behind a dominant forward pack. Now with the addition of McGuire bashing people it should only get better. Both Norman & Clune looked to have plenty of time in the Parra game.

The question then is, do we need Norman in 2022? I no say no, that money can be better spent elsewhere in the team.

Dragon David

First Grade
I’m no Norman fan but I can acknowledge he’s playing much better but it’s easier for Halves to play well behind a dominant forward pack. Now with the addition of McGuire bashing people it should only get better. Both Norman & Clune looked to have plenty of time in the Parra game.

The question then is, do we need Norman in 2022? I no say no, that money can be better spent elsewhere in the team.[/QUOTE]
The decision as to whether or not we need Norman in 2022 depends on how consistently well he plays in most of the games this year. While our forward pack has improved and probably will continue to do so, a rejuvenated Norman can put the icing on the cake for us and with Ben Hunt coming back in a few weeks time, their combination will compliment the pack. The forwards and halves must work in unison with each other.

We won't win all of the games this year, although I hope we do just like the Panthers are hoping to do, but we now have the forwards and backs to maybe achieve this.

jak

Bench
I was reading an article earlier where Andrew Johns warned the Sharks that other clubs were interested in signing their big prop Toby Rudolph - the Dragons being one of them.

Nothing more than a rumour at this stage , but food for thought .
if it will upset the sharks and there happy band of fans i say go for it.

kit66

Bench
I was reading an article earlier where Andrew Johns warned the Sharks that other clubs were interested in signing their big prop Toby Rudolph - the Dragons being one of them.

Nothing more than a rumour at this stage , but food for thought .

Rudolph tops the NRL.com missed tackles table this year, makes good metres but tackles like a halfback.
We can do better for next year, I have a feeling there'll be a lot of players on the market later this year, there's so much unrest at quite a few clubs. A bit of patience could see us land some real value for money players and maybe a real marquee signing.

Gareth67

First Grade
Rudolph tops the NRL.com missed tackles table this year, makes good metres but tackles like a halfback.
We can do better for next year, I have a feeling there'll be a lot of players on the market later this year, there's so much unrest at quite a few clubs. A bit of patience could see us land some real value for money players and maybe a real marquee signing.

For goodness sake man ! Your not suggesting that Mr. Johns does not know a good player when he sees one ? :relaxed:

Last edited:

kit66

Bench
How many bloody front rowers do we need ? The only ones that can also play backrow i'd say.

We might be ok for this year if our forwards stay fit but we need a hooker, a middle and possibly a depth backrower for next year and beyond. JDB, Merrin, Ellis and Fuimaono are all off contract this year so there's 3 out of the 17 right there ( possibly 4 later this year ). I'd re-sign Fuimaono and JDB if he gets back on deck and plays well. Remember we have bugger all useful forwards in reserves as well.
There's some off contract forwards already out there I'd be looking at - Finucane, A.Crichton, Bunty Afoa, J.Tevaga ( he's starting to hit his straps and only 25, keep an eye on him for the Warriors tomorrow ) etc.

BLM01

First Grade
We might be ok for this year if our forwards stay fit but we need a hooker, a middle and possibly a depth backrower for next year and beyond. JDB, Merrin, Ellis and Fuimaono are all off contract this year so there's 3 out of the 17 right there ( possibly 4 later this year ). I'd re-sign Fuimaono and JDB if he gets back on deck and plays well. Remember we have bugger all useful forwards in reserves as well.
There's some off contract forwards already out there I'd be looking at - Finucane, A.Crichton, Bunty Afoa, J.Tevaga ( he's starting to hit his straps and only 25, keep an eye on him for the Warriors tomorrow ) etc.
Crichton resigned for 1 year

Juniors
Is that taking into account Molo?

Latest posts