What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 R6 Fri - Melbourne 20-4 Sydney @ AAMI

Round 6: Melbourne v Sydney

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Valheru

Coach
Spot on , proud of the Roosters, players missing before the game and lost more in the lead up and during the game, the result was was better than I was expecting, Melbourne controlled the game beautifully especially the second half and never looked like losing but still so proud of my Roosters after that effort.

Agreed.

Never stopped trying and I think everyone will be better for the experience.

If we can ever get our best side on the park aside from Keary obviously we can still do something in this comp.

Saxon

Bench
Gee it's a pretty innocuous decision to have a whinge about. I mean the Hughes no knock on call when he stripped it had a bigger bearing on the game but shit happens.
Not at all. The Hughes decision IF it was wrong was a simple miss. The 6 again penalty is a gross misunderstanding of the rules.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Pappenhausen and Tuivasa - Shek are the best fullbacks in the NRL. Tedesco is very good but when his team is down and needs a spark, he doesn't deliver. It would've been hard for any team to beat the Storm tonight but when you're praised like Tedesco is and you play at the back of a very good team, you don't do nothing and hope everyone sees it as just a 'off game'. You can't sit back and hope something comes out of your rookie half Sam Walker cut out passes.

Pappenhausen has good top speed and can sniff out tries. I think the Storm created the spine with Slater/Smith/Cronk and one person that Cronk mentioned in tonights game and thats the coach Craig Bellamy. Pappenhausen, Grant and Munster all thinking alike, will be very tough for defences at the end sets.

RTS is as agile as Tedesco but he has better leadership. Unlike the other two, RTS has the worst team to try and win games with. Somehow RTS still manages to have good games. He doesn't go down with the ship because Daly M winners shouldn't do that. He's had a few 'off games' but in those games he gets through a lot of work. He is the best player at the Warriors.

Tonight confirmed that as good as Tedesco is, he is not as good as Pappenhausen and RTS. Tedesco will probably go on and have a great next couple of games as he normally does. When shit hits the fan, don't expect Tedesco to have a MOTM performance.

blocka

Juniors
Robinson struggling to understand why a lazy swinging arm head high shot is 10 in the bin lol
I’m all for it but still trying to work out why Brandon Smith then stayed on the field for the exact same tackle on Tedesco in the second half

blocka

Juniors
No advantage?
Ran 5 metres and kicked on the first is no advantage?

Pigs arse.
I have a feeling he never heard the 6 again which is what it looked like and hence the ref deemed they didn’t get an advantage. Fair and they should treat all 6 agains the same for things that would’ve been a clear penalty last year

Sphagnum

Coach
Pappenhausen and Tuivasa - Shek are the best fullbacks in the NRL. Tedesco is very good but when his team is down and needs a spark, he doesn't deliver. It would've been hard for any team to beat the Storm tonight but when you're praised like Tedesco is and you play at the back of a very good team, you don't do nothing and hope everyone sees it as just a 'off game'. You can't sit back and hope something comes out of your rookie half Sam Walker cut out passes.

Pappenhausen has good top speed and can sniff out tries. I think the Storm created the spine with Slater/Smith/Cronk and one person that Cronk mentioned in tonights game and thats the coach Craig Bellamy. Pappenhausen, Grant and Munster all thinking alike, will be very tough for defences at the end sets.

RTS is as agile as Tedesco but he has better leadership. Unlike the other two, RTS has the worst team to try and win games with. Somehow RTS still manages to have good games. He doesn't go down with the ship because Daly M winners shouldn't do that. He's had a few 'off games' but in those games he gets through a lot of work. He is the best player at the Warriors.

Tonight confirmed that as good as Tedesco is, he is not as good as Pappenhausen and RTS. Tedesco will probably go on and have a great next couple of games as he normally does. When shit hits the fan, don't expect Tedesco to have a MOTM performance.

king Gutho > everyone mentioned

Sphagnum

Coach
I’m all for it but still trying to work out why Brandon Smith then stayed on the field for the exact same tackle on Tedesco in the second half
The ref clearly said to radley “you hit him flush and you left the ground to do it”

that was the difference.

Valheru

Coach
Second Roosters game I watched this year

Their forward pack can’t seem to go with the top sides

Doesn't help when SST and JWH were both off in the 2nd half which is when the storm forwards really got on top. Not to mention our hooker is a Ron Massey cup player.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
Really not a great game in general (though @sensesmaybenumbed might disagree) but we got the job done comfortably in the end.

Thought Roosters held in there quite well but in the end it was too much for them. Understandable given their losses in key areas.

Will take the win. Can never complain about beating Easts
The mechanical nature of the storm can fail under pressure.

This is deeply upsetting to storm fans who after 15 years of cheat enabled success aren't accustomed to reality

horrie hastings

First Grade
No advantage?
Ran 5 metres and kicked on the first is no advantage?

Pigs arse.

I actually thought the penalty may have been for when Walker kicked through there was a Storm player on the ground who took Walkers legs out or at least tried to tackle him around the ankles after he had kicked through but the audio from the ref didn't suggest that at all.

big hit!

Bench
Second Roosters game I watched this year

Their forward pack can’t seem to go with the top sides

JWH gives them so much aggression. It was ill-disciplined vs Souths, but when he's switched on like he was last week, he's a game changer.

Lindsay Collins got metres but landed on his back on so many carries last night. Defences love that - gives markers and the defensive line time to retreat and set.

Pap pushes, and pushes, and pushes more again. His effort is outstanding. Combined with Grant's service and darts out of acting half, and Brandon Smith carting it up as the small middle - it broke the Roosters fatiguing middle. Remember they were down a middle without JWH.

And Ben Marshcke - he's listed as 181cm and 95kg on the Roosters website. Looks a lot smaller than that and he struggled as the game went on.

Last edited:

horrie hastings

First Grade
On a lighter note how funny was Cameron Munsters voice when he was questioning the ref about the penalty after the six again,it was so squeaky .