What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Melbourne Has Softened Up Roosters for Us

kit66

Bench
We're nowhere near Panthers, Storm or even the Roosters. We've got a favourable draw though that we need to take advantage of and get as many winnable games in the bank as we possibly can. First goal is to win each week and give ourselves the best chance of booking a berth in the semis. If the boys let their thoughts stray too far ahead or start worrying about future games against the top teams or SOO contention they'll bring themselves undone. Focus on the job at hand.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
"Beware the wounded animal"

"A desperate team is a dangerous team. It's like a wounded animal, fighting for their last breath"

ANZAC day and the Rossters will be primed, no mattwr who they put on the park. Assume they are battered and beaten and they will batter and beat us.

We also face a desperate Warriors tomorrow and that should be our focus.

Let's not put the cart before the horse.

Gareth67

First Grade
Agree
love the way the Dragons have defended their territory this year and even some of the tries scored.
But we still need to improve our attack and error rate and maybe change the tactic of happy to give away too many six agains by slowing the ruck down

it’s bad enough nearly all media incl the Naysayers Gus etc singing the teams praises loud so early in the season
I prefer the Hook and supporter humble approach and fly under the radar
Let’s see how we go tomorrow as roaring favourites
I feel the media are almost cynical at the moment with the stories already written and ready about our bubble bursting by the knives thrown again at Hook

Your quiet right about the media having their knives heating in the fire , waiting to apply them to the Dragons bellies at their first stumble .

Fortunately Griffin will have the teams mind on the job at hand , being against the Warriors tomorrow and not looking ahead , as we supporters have a bad habit of doing .

Gareth67

First Grade
Channel 9 Reporting

Brett Morris - Calf - may be out next week
Sam Walker- Lower leg - limping in sheds unsure of severity
JWH - Shoulder - Scans Required
Sio Siua Taukeiaho - Broken Rib - Out next week
Victor Radley on report for high tackle May face suspension

I am glad that Morris may not be playing , in fact the NRL should penalize him a couple of games for showing that big bluudy rump of his to the unfortunate viewer .

The rorters will do anything to win a match , but that was going just too far !

Maddragon99

Juniors

"A desperate team is a dangerous team. It's like a wounded animal, fighting for their last breath"

ANZAC day and the Rossters will be primed, no mattwr who they put on the park. Assume they are battered and beaten and they will batter and beat us.

I’m sure the boys aren’t looking past the Warriors game they are no easy beats.

But I win tomorrow & we’re taking a lot of momentum into ANZAC Day. Should be Moose’s debut game to reap destruction on the soft Rorters pack.

Belta

Juniors

The boys only need to look back to last Anzac Day, Roosters with something like 9 first string players out, ripe for the picking, yeah, nah.

maestro1

Bench
Watch us get a little more attention from the Match Review Committee this week. We'll have a couple of players with charges to answer to. Usually happens the week before our ANZAC game

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
I am glad that Morris may not be playing , in fact the NRL should penalize him a couple of games for showing that big bluudy rump of his to the unfortunate viewer .

The rorters will do anything to win a match , but that was going just too far !
Ha ha....what I want to know Gareth is exactely what was he wearing under his shorts..unusual jocks wernt they ?

mickeylane

Bench
Melbourne may have softened up The Roosters Mickey but to be honest on our performance today they will have to be marshmallows
All I stated was that the Roosters post their game w Storm are punch drunk - ripe for the taking - I wasn’t talking about the Warriors game as that was a different kettle of fish.. you must remember Roosters lose another 2 forwards this week incl JWH and we get back Hunt, Lawrie and a 2nd start up Josh McGuire.. If we are ever going to beat them it’s this week.. it’s up to us now..won’t be anymore vulnerable than they will be next week.

Gareth67

First Grade
New week - new day and a new beginning , time to shake off yesterday’s bad - but almost predictable result .

The Dragons need to get together and talk about the bad aspects of the loss to the Warriors , preferably watch it in living colour . Listen to the coaches and realize that they are going up against a very good team in the Roosters who will be hell bent to reestablished themselves as one of the NRL’s top guns .

Anzac Day itself will bring a far better effort from the Big Red V , however it would be far better if they stood proud on the day and take not only the Anzac Day Trophy itself , but also the two ever so valuable competition points back home .

possm

Coach
All I stated was that the Roosters post their game w Storm are punch drunk - ripe for the taking - I wasn’t talking about the Warriors game as that was a different kettle of fish.. you must remember Roosters lose another 2 forwards this week incl JWH and we get back Hunt, Lawrie and a 2nd start up Josh McGuire.. If we are ever going to beat them it’s this week.. it’s up to us now..won’t be anymore vulnerable than they will be next week.
We need to get back on the bike and reproduce the form we showed against Parramatta.

BLM01

First Grade
How does this bold statement look now. Roosters likely full strength except Keary

Last edited:

Latest posts