What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinion Penrith

soc123_au

Staff member
The city of Penrith was always expected to be a big growth area like Campbelltown but neither has ever happened. Penrith is on the edge of the bush. Not a sensible place for an NRL team.

U wot M9?

Have you ever been to Penrith?

roofromoz

First Grade
I guess so. That would be why a club was formed. There was a "Penrith United Football Club" (football being RL) in 1912. As far as I can gather, the club that became Panthers didn't start until post WW2. Certainly the game was played in the area pretty much as soon as it started. So in that regard @T-Boon is correct.

Penrith has had it's own competition since that time, and a Penrith team played in the Parramatta A Grade.

The Panthers as they are now were one of 10 inter-district / second division clubs established in 1963, including Cronulla. Both of these teams were 'promoted' to an expanded 12 team competition for 1967. That competition is now more or less the current 3rd tier Ron Massey Cup, AKA the Metropolitan Cup in the 1990s.

MugaB

Coach
Stop lying. I am anti mergers and I certainly dont want Parra and Penrith to merge.

I want Penrith to make sensible grown up decisions

Really ill have visit the expansion forum again to see all the wonderful cull/merger theories put up there by you and grotd, both wonderful specimens missing a few chromosomes.

As for for grown up decisions, they did they rebuilt their stadium/leagues club after winning their first GF, and have built an acedemy for that nursery, so fück off with your saltiness

Pete Cash

Post Whore
They did in parramatta in 2009

Yeah but you have the fanbase vibes wrong

Parra/raiders - neurotic losers

Panthers - smuggos (also losers as they are posting on lu)

So obviously they are all going over 09 because they won't make another GF for 20 years

Fangs

Coach
Parramatta are cleary getting relocated long term. Its not even a discussion. Sharks are next and boot Souths out while we are at it.

The future will be the Western Sydney Panthers. We will build an underground tunnel from the Panthers leagues club to Bankwest. Cleary/Luai statues outside the ground.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Parramatta are cleary getting relocated long term. Its not even a discussion. Sharks are next and boot Souths out while we are at it.

The future will be the Western Sydney Panthers. We will build an underground tunnel from the Panthers leagues club to Bankwest. Cleary/Luai statues outside the ground.

You are thinking too small imo

Perth Red

Post Whore
With all them kids playing RL in the region, why don’t they and their families go to panthers games more often? Genuine question.
Seems it’s a massive RL mad area but panthers crowd avg of 12k over last decade suggests they aren’t following the panthers which seems strange?

Last edited:

MugaB

Coach
With all them kids playing RL in the region, why don’t they and their families go to panthers games more often? Genuine question.
Seems it’s a massive RL mad area but panthers crowd avg of 12k over last decade suggests they aren’t following the panthers which seems strange?
Geez really going for the crowd numbers, you do know no one had a crowd for the bulk of last year, right?
Howabout start winning in SG.ball get your crowd numbers up and maybe Peter V Landys might give a shít about Perth and the wonderful crowd numbers it can produce for visiting sydney teams holding an exhibition matches there

Last edited:

soc123_au

Staff member
There could be lots of reasons. Thurs & Fri games they are at footy training. Sat games they are playing their own games. Sun they are watching their older brothers game. Being such a footy mad area it's actually amazing we get crowds at all.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Um...there is a record for consecutive comp games won in a row, not to mention unbeaten games in a row which includes wins and draws.
And what do you get for this record? A plaque? A shiny coin minted for the occasion? A certificate to hang on the wall?

Or a thousand tonnes of who gives a f**k?

Win this year's premiership and get back to me then.

FTR, I think the panthers will win this year but until they do it's just puffery

GongPanther

Referee
And what do you get for this record? A plaque? A shiny coin minted for the occasion? A certificate to hang on the wall?

Or a thousand tonnes of who gives a f**k?

Win this year's premiership and get back to me then.

FTR, I think the panthers will win this year but until they do it's just puffery
We have records which won't see another team come close for many a year, perhaps in scores of years. Every game we win from now on, is like riding on a high as that record keeps going further.

People are trying too hard to piss on our parade which is a shame being that they are also part and parcel of this fantastic run we are having.

And any team that climbs that mountain of going undefeated throughout the season, deserves at least to get themselves on a set of postage stamps...and get the Perth mint to stamp a $1,000 gold coin. :)

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
Geez really going for the crowd numbers, you do know no one had a crowd for the bulk of last year, right?
Howabout start winning in SG.ball get your crowd numbers up and maybe Peter V Landys might give a shít about Perth and the wonderful crowd numbers it can produce for visiting sydney teams holding an exhibition matches there

haha, I wasnt talking about last year, I was talking about the previous ten!
What you on about? This is a Penrith thread.

Latest posts