What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd6: Eels v Raiders GAME DAY thread @ Cbus Stadium 17/4/21

Gronk

Staff member
The acquisition of all the off season recruits has been great. I’m also still optimistic about Cartwright.

So happy with this win.

Sixties said in his TCT pod that Carty will need to tuck it under his arm this week and get his stats up. It was a good insight into the coach’s instructions.

Eelementary

Post Whore
This papa can play too. Never noticed him and didn’t rate the signing, as anything special. Can’t recall a signing having such a huge impact in so few games in eels colours. The sky’s the limit for him.

Fuifui's first ever run for us in First Grade lead to a try, which won us the game against Manly. :)

Eelementary

Post Whore
Rheed closing in on the best hooker in game spot.
Papali'i is exceptionally good.
Lane cops it but was one of our best.
Moses was great.
Forwards did job but will be getting tired.
Grieg will be a work in progress but he has power.

If our backline was better we would be a whole lot more dangerous. I'm hoping the MJ thing is sorted and perhaps we can make a play for someone.

I felt like we blew a few tries while Raiders didn't look like scoring in the 2nd half.
If we get everyone fit we may have the best Pack in comp. We would be looking at Niakuore,Papali'i,Kafusi off the bench.

With Matterson,Blake and D.Brown out I thought we may cop a hiding. Id put that down as our best win I have seen in a long time.

I've been saying it for years - Reed Mahoney is an excellent player.

He was phenomenal tonight.

He's not as flashy as Grant, but he's a better defender, and has a better kicking game.

My favourite player, Mahoney. Such a gun.

hindy111

Post Whore
Do the refs get told at half time they are only looking at one side, even last week it was obvious.

just don’t understand the level of refereeing currently

Alexander must hate the Raiders. He usually gives it to us.
The Ref's made two poor decisions on forward passes and one cost us. Well both did as the 2nd killed our more tum. But we also got away with a few. There was a bomb in last 15mins where the Raider almost scored that looked a bit off in our favour.

Eelementary

Post Whore
The thing I love about Mahoney is that he puts 100% effort into the 1%er plays - diving on loose balls, not stopping play until the ref blows his whistle, etc.

That, and he is a demon defender, with an astute kicking game, crisp passing game, and a little terrier when he runs the ball.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I knew we would be prepared for this game.

I felt it in my bones.

I knew that last week was a hiccup, because the real prize was tonight.

Latest posts