What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 6 vs South Sydney @ Stadium Australia

Who will win? Round 6: South Sydney v Wests Tigers

• South Sydney Rabbitohs 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Wests Tigers 1-12

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

stryker

First Grade
Similar to Latrell for Souths, the kid will win you more games with his talent than he will lose with his defence. End of the day, if your fullbacks defensive ability is a big concern, there are bigger issues in front of him.

Big fan of Laurie.
Fundamentally agree, however I like the fullbacks who can defend their line just as much as score tries. He tends to just throw an arm out as the player saunters past him for the try.
Case in point tonight his effort on Murray and Gagai for their tries was pretty aweful.
Additionally not a great effort on Burgess - if he had of stalled his run a little bit more, the cavalry would have arrived in time to stop the try. He has a bit to work on.

stryker

First Grade
gotta remember is is only 7 games into his career. A lot of fullbacks, particularly the smaller ones, start off as pretty poor defenders and then learn how to stop tries.

He will learn, most people don’t remember but Slater was a pretty trash defender for the first half dozen years of his career but only remember the beast that he was at the end
Yeah I get that. Just saying it is a weakness and an area that requires improvement.

stryker

First Grade
cheers, our best 3 players? not sure i can bring myself to watch a replay.
As strange as it sounds, there were no huge standouts. They mostly all did their jobs pretty well.
The forward pack were great. The back three were busy, the centres and halves were quiet but no major clangers. The game was there to be won, the hard work had been done. We just don’t quite have the class to ice those games. Had we won it would have been deserved.

Tigers1986

Juniors
I'm still fuming. Almost in tears.

Any foul play to the head WILL result in a sin bin or send off. Mitchell does it twice and gets NOTHING. He makes the difference in the game. From that non-penalty, Gagai scores.

That Burgess 'try' is a f**king rort of a decision - no control at all and the smug bastard knew it when he got up with that look of horror on his face. My neighbour hates Wests (pathetic silvertail) and even says we got juped.

Tonight's result hurts more than Sunday did. We can never get the rub of the green off the officials, Gerard Sutton in particular. Garner stripped Mitchell whilst he was STILL running, but Sutton claims he was held - if he offloads, is it play-on??

Tigers1986

Juniors
There’s no two ways about it, we got completely reemed by the refs tonight. I’m saying that if we did something with the ball when we got it with in their zone with 6 to go we win the game inspite of them

3 games this season officiated by Gerard Sutton, and all 3 have had controversial decisions favour our opposition. The pelican hates us and doesn't hide the fact

BrotherJim05

Bench
We needed those 2 points really badly. You can see it in Maguire's face, that could be our season done and dusted despite an absolutely extraordinary effort from the boys.

It's clear as day that we need to bolster our outside back stocks. Laurie and Nofa are great, but the others were pretty poor.

Apart from that - what a gutsy effort. I hope they know that they should have won that game and if they turn up with the same effort next week against Manly we should be able to win.

Manly are looking very dangerous with Turbo back

axl rose

Bench
I'm still fuming. Almost in tears.

Any foul play to the head WILL result in a sin bin or send off. Mitchell does it twice and gets NOTHING. He makes the difference in the game. From that non-penalty, Gagai scores.
Souths have been the NRLs pet for a long time. People think its Roosters but they are wrong.

Fordy20

Juniors
They actually looked like a Maguire coached side for a change. We were always pushing shit uphill being refereed by Sutton and playing against the NRL's golden child, so while it's disappointing to miss out on the 2 points, at least it was a respectable effort for a change.

Vozzy

Juniors
How about the decision where we won the challenge f**k me the rabbitohs lost that 3 times in one play.

Also Musgrove was quite dumb but his aggressiveness I thought liftee the intensity of the whole team. Nofo was back to playing like last year and should stay on that side.

Das Hassler

Bench
They actually looked like a Maguire coached side for a change. We were always pushing shit uphill being refereed by Sutton and playing against the NRL's golden child, so while it's disappointing to miss out on the 2 points, at least it was a respectable effort for a change.

No question Madge finally got through to them this week...hopefully they've now shocked themselves into realising what they can be ...also as much of a fan of benji as i am i'm very happy he didn't add this one to his highlight reel by being the (predictable) one to put the the nail into us

stryker

First Grade
No question Madge finally got through to them this week...hopefully they've now shocked themselves into realising what they can be ...also as much of a fan of benji as i am i'm very happy he didn't add this one to his highlight reel by being the (predictable) one to put the the nail into us
Haha I was waiting at the end for him to slide through, score then get interviewed by everyone ad nauseam about it. Thank christ it wasn’t him.

stryker

First Grade
I still want to know what happened last week.
Why the flat bewildered effort? It was such a disgrace we felt like disowning them yet this week they made us proud...now I’m getting the shits again lol...

Tiger05

First Grade
There’s no two ways about it, we got completely reemed by the refs tonight. I’m saying that if we did something with the ball when we got it with in their zone with 6 to go we win the game inspite of them

I cannot believe how shit the calls were against us. We were really good.

Latest posts