What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinion Is Ricky Stuart the most overrated coach ever?

Mark B

Juniors
Peter Mulholland has a great eye for talent. Sticky (and the club) just lets an experienced scout go about his business.
After reading your post, you are absolutely on the money. As a Parra supporter, I should have remembered Gareth Hock whom Ricky signed and never turned up and Lee Mossop who did show up and was always injured and was also part of the salary cap fiasco. Over rated, absolutely.

GAZF

First Grade
After reading your post, you are absolutely on the money. As a Parra supporter, I should have remembered Gareth Hock whom Ricky signed and never turned up and Lee Mossop who did show up and was always injured and was also part of the salary cap fiasco. Over rated, absolutely.
A good leader knows their shortcomings, when someone else can do the smaller things better, delegate accordingly, and focus on the big picture stuff. What Ricky Stuart has been doing right of late is convincing the club to get the right people and facilities to drag the Raiders into professionalism. That correlates directly with recent success on the field.

bileduct

Coach
Yep, he also signed Josh Papalii too.......

Reactions: Vee

God-King Dean

Immortal
Ricky's always had an us against the world mentality. Great for building team bonding but makes him look like an asshole from outside. You can criticise him all you want and Ricky couldn't care less

Hah!

There's no one in the history of RL, who cares what people think, more than Ricky Stuart

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Here's the issue

We need an injection of youth. Sia has been a great for servant of the game and the club. I'd love to see him hanging around the club in some way. Hes a great back up

But we have younger fresher options

I'm not sure what the point of Havili is at the moment either

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
He seems to have acknowledged the issues with the bench in the presser at least. Just needs to get Hodgo to work with our halves now.

Yeah we're cooked.

Enjoy the ride- there'll be some interesting press conferences over the next few years.

Ricky's stubbornness is undoing what was a premiership window

mongoose

Coach
The Eels were good and we were shit, not sure what else there is to say really.

I think there are some players in the team who still think its 2019 and just have to show up to get the win but 2 years is a long time in NRL.

AnonymousLurker

Juniors
He seems to have acknowledged the issues with the bench in the presser at least. Just needs to get Hodgo to work with our halves now.

I think you give him too much credit , it was the beggining of the campaign to have 18th man permanent on the bench “so injuries can cover backs “
His excuse was that he didn’t want a back on the bench , as would not use them if no injury

Zadar

Juniors
What you do have to love about sticky is, that when his team loses or wins, but plays with grit and effort, he defends them like his own children, when they don’t, he roasts them and gives himself a jab too.

always worth tuning in with Rick.

TheDMC

Bench
There is already some scuttlebutt around the Raiders and CNK with this, especially with RTS moving to Union... could be a lot of 1+1=3 stuff going on with that but I think what has happened is this:

Are you inferring that there is gossip CNK might go back to the warriors?

nick87

Coach
Are you inferring that there is gossip CNK might go back to the warriors?

Yeah, very mild level gossip and probably more people connecting dots that might not be there
But he’s got a young family back in NZ, the warriors now have a opening at fullback. Also I think the raiders are looking at that position very closely right now.
As said might be bit 1+1=3 stuff but I won’t be stunned if that’s where it ends