What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many weeks for Latrell Mitchell?

Last Week

Bench
What’s the expectation here?
Garner continues to hold his leg, while south’s are rolling up the field, Latrell is closest to the tackle and needs to be dummy half and he simply stands there waiting for Garner to release his leg? Or he politely asks “ hey Garns, can I have my leg back so we can put more points on you guys”
Garner was trying to slow the play down like any player in any team would do, Latrell kicked his leg out of being held, like any player would do. There was no contact with Garners head with the boot of Latrell, more his leg grazes it. To be fair that’s lucky for both concerned.
Give Latrell a week, let him freshen up a bit.

Yeah, you're right. Studs to the face is a totally reasonable and acceptable response to that.

Last Week

Bench
Punch = sin bin
Backhand pussy slap = nothing
Trying to stud someone in the face + media darling at Slater levels = a national apology for the insinuation of any personality flaws in the guy.

Bazal

Post Whore
What’s the expectation here?
Garner continues to hold his leg, while south’s are rolling up the field, Latrell is closest to the tackle and needs to be dummy half and he simply stands there waiting for Garner to release his leg? Or he politely asks “ hey Garns, can I have my leg back so we can put more points on you guys”
Garner was trying to slow the play down like any player in any team would do, Latrell kicked his leg out of being held, like any player would do. There was no contact with Garners head with the boot of Latrell, more his leg grazes it. To be fair that’s lucky for both concerned.
Give Latrell a week, let him freshen up a bit.

The expectation is not to try and kick the bloke in the face.

Like, folks saying that he was trying to get free are still missing the point. He wasn't just shaking his leg around or trying to wriggle it free, he lashed out with a genuine kick.

He's got far too much grubby shit in his game and it's totally unnecessary. Why did he have to hit Nofo at all? The ball was long gone

Perth Red

Post Whore
2 weeks for the late high shot, 1 week for the late sliding knees, 1 week for the donkey kick. Seems fair, but as it’s the nrl so it will be a $200 fine and a bucket of KFC delivered to his door.

Munted

Bench
2 weeks for the late high shot, 1 week for the late sliding knees, 1 week for the donkey kick. Seems fair, but as it’s the nrl so it will be a $200 fine and a bucket of KFC delivered to his door.
Lifetime of KFC and deposit on Latrells next property purchase.

Mark B

Juniors
He is carrying some weight around the guts and we are nearly two months into the comp. I do accept he had a bad injury last year, but geez. Must be in the Jarryd Hayne style of training. Every time there is hard cardio work outs he has to take a dump. There is no doubt in my mind both he and Cody Walker are great rugby league players but both have a fair amount of grubbiness about their game.

wazdog

Juniors

Sir Cameron Smith got 1 week for multiple kicks for this right?

Using the same defence he will get 1 week (if they find he connected with intent) and a fine for the high shot.

Agree he gets to get rid of these types of little things from his game.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Who are you referring to?

If you mean Hetherington, he wasn’t charged for the missed shoulder charge. But don’t let facts get in the way of a good story

I was, I thought he was charged and Suspended however happy to admit fault if he wasn’t

Either way he was penalized, which Latrell avoided

AnonymousLurker

Juniors

Sir Cameron Smith got 1 week for multiple kicks for this right?

Using the same defence he will get 1 week (if they find he connected with intent) and a fine for the high shot.

Agree he gets to get rid of these types of little things from his game.

Based off this I would give lateral a week for the kick (my go to position is zero but precedent set )

The nofa indigent 4 weeks plus , deliberate shot to the head and it did lead with an elbow

Garner incident on try line zero - similar to the too many unnecessary flops / tackles / slides into tackles after a player has scored

blaza88z

Coach
I listened to Madge in the presser, he was right too, he wanted Latrell to penalised right there in the game.. not in week following when the game is lost, that play down the edge changed the momentum of the game. Same thing happened to us against Penrith and it's really frustrating (Dearden got beheaded and nothing came of it), not suggesting for a second it cost us the game but when you're a team battling for confidence, it all matters.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Been charged 3 times, facing 3-4 weeks in the sideline

Wasn’t penalized for any of them

NRL admitting we should have had an 8 point try when he knees Garner after he scored

We also should have recieved a penalty on Souths 40m line the set they scored a try

Sutton didn’t favour them though, honest!

blaza88z

Coach

NRL admitting we should have had an 8 point try when he knees Garner after he scored

We also should have recieved a penalty on Souths 40m line the set they scored a try

They will tell you they were robbed and genuinely mean it too

fizman

Bench
I have no issues with the Garner incident, but my goodness, I believe he deserves at least 8 weeks for the leading elbow into Nofoaluma. That is an absolute disgrace.

Interestingly, no media organisations have referenced "leading with the elbow".

Here's the thing, regardless of the Charges he was always going to be available for Magic Round in Brisbane.

yobbo84

First Grade

You should've scored more than 2 tries after dominating for 70 mins. At 14-12 with 6 mins remaining you had a full set on our line after AJ was illegally taken out yet dropped it tackle 3. We went 60m the following set and Reyno kicks the field goal. Your team just wasn't good enough.