What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 6 vs Warriors

boardlumps62

Juniors
I was going to say I have a feeling of nervous apprehension going into this game against the Warriors. I decided to look up the meaning they have similar meanings so I guess I am doubly fearful about the outcome.
If we still had McGregor as coach I wouldn't have this feeling but now we are showing what we can achieve with a good coach I worry because I want to win. Go the Dragons.

boardlumps62

Juniors
200.gif
Is that Brandy. Too early to get shitfaced.

Dragsters

First Grade
Its been said, but danger game.

The last time we played the worriers the week before the Anzac Day clash was off the back of 6 straight wins in 2018 and they beat us.

Granted it was at Mt Smart and under McFail but this still looms as a danger game if we drop our intensity at all.

RTS's 100th for NZ is also a concern.

Heading into Anzac day ahead of the rorters on the ladder would be sweet.

Go Dragons...

LINESPEED

Juniors
Its been said, but danger game.

The last time we played the worriers the week before the Anzac Day clash was off the back of 6 straight wins in 2018 and they beat us.

Granted it was at Mt Smart and under McFail but this still looms as a danger game if we drop our intensity at all.

RTS's 100th for NZ is also a concern.

Heading into Anzac day ahead of the rorters on the ladder would be sweet.

Go Dragons...

Just need Rav to flatten Sheck a couple of times
& Zac & Josh to hammer the fuc/k out of Cody N
& we post a cricket score

.... in a warmup for the plucking of the Rorters

Go Dragons!

possm

Coach
I'd like to see him start at lock. We need him to do the heavy stuff early. With Lawrie out it will balance out we really need him.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Warriors have the wood on Saints lately and with Browny coaching them I think it is even more of a danger game. He always seems to get good results against Saints when at the Knights. But then again that was against Mary.

But if Saints continue how they are playing then they should win comfortably. That is if they play how they have been and don't have any complacency from the last couple of weeks and the positive press they are now receiving.

A win today gets them top 4 and a 4 point buffer from 9th.

ALSGI

Bench
I'd like to see him start at lock. We need him to do the heavy stuff early. With Lawrie out it will balance out we really need him.
Possm, not the first time you’ve suggested it but Fui has been very good, no way he deserves being dropped from starting. Great motivator for him knowing former Aus/Qld rep McGuire’s there but no way do I drop him now. Even if that idiot JDB returns.

Fui is going great, deserves starting 13. Let others challenge him from bench/reggies.

possm

Coach
i would have Merton on the bench.
Alvaro to start at prop.
Yes but we need some quality off the bench. I think McGuire will do 80min so may move to prop when Fui comes on. Although having Vaughan, McCullough and McGuire up front with Fui at lock would be awesome; a very strong middle.

kit66

Bench
Warriors have the wood on Saints lately and with Browny coaching them I think it is even more of a danger game. He always seems to get good results against Saints when at the Knights. But then again that was against Mary.

But if Saints continue how they are playing then they should win comfortably. That is if they play how they have been and don't have any complacency from the last couple of weeks and the positive press they are now receiving.

A win today gets them top 4 and a 4 point buffer from 9th.

I wouldn't call 4 wins in a row having the wood on us..
The Warriors haven't won a game at Kogarah since about 2004 ( ? ) so I'd say that's more of an advantage than 4 wins against McGregor coached sides.
It seems other teams are picking up on the intensity required to win games this year so our bash them off the park tactic won't be enough on its own any more. Time for some discipline and ball control, some off-loads and 2nd phase and some clever plays from our spine to get us over the line. The forwards are giving our halves space, time to turn it on boys, light it up !

Gareth67

First Grade
As already said - the red flags are billowing in the wind for this game , the Dragons must forget about their previous wins and concentrate fully on this match .

The Warriors are a good side and will take advantage of any overconfidence by our boys , so put your heads down and do the hard work in defense as you have done previously and the Big Ted V should come away with the 2 competition points - unless the refs and bunker decide to turn on us . :frowning2:

getsmarty

Immortal
dsc_6423.jpg

TEAM LISTS

Updated
Presented By

NRL late mail: Round 6 v Warriors
Author
Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au
Timestamp
Sun 18 Apr 2021, 12:55 PM
Share on social media
St George Illawarra coach Anthony Griffin has finalised his team ahead of the Dragons' Round 6 clash against the Warriors at Netstrata Jubilee Stadium on Sunday, April 18.

Blake Lawrie (cork) has been ruled out, with Trent Merrin set to start in the front row in his place. Josh McGuire will become St George Illawarra player No. 243 after making his way on to the interchange.

Jordan Pereira joins Jackson Ford as the players to make way from Tuesday's initial 21-man squad. Billy Burns will act as 18th man.

A second milestone in two weeks beckons for Merrin, who is set to feature in his 250th first grade game.

NRL team for Round 6 v Warriors –
1. Matt Dufty – sponsored by EFEX
2. Cody Ramsey – sponsored by Aspec Masonry
3. Jack Bird – sponsored by Kingsgrove Sports Centre
4. Zac Lomax – sponsored by Floormania
5. Mikaele Ravalawa – sponsored by Wollongong Jetski
6. Corey Norman – sponsored by TripADeal
7. Adam Clune – sponsored by Narellan Pools Illawarra
15. Trent Merrin – sponsored by Manna from Heaven
9. Andrew McCullough (c) – sponsored by Dincel Construction System
10. Paul Vaughan – sponsored by Fox and Jones
11. Josh Kerr – sponsored by Sneaky Burger
12. Tariq Sims – sponsored by Modus Projects
13. Tyrell Fuimaono – sponsored by TLE Alexandria

Interchange:
14. Kaide Ellis – sponsored by CMG Audio Visual
16. Daniel Alvaro – sponsored by Professionals Padstow
17. Brayden Wiliame – sponsored by Deicorp
20. Josh McGuire – sponsored by Gym Solutions

18th man: 19. Billy Burns

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2021/04/13/nrl-team-announcement-round-6-v-warriors/