What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many weeks for Latrell Mitchell?

Vic Mackey

Referee
You should've scored more than 2 tries after dominating for 70 mins. At 14-12 with 6 mins remaining you had a full set on our line after AJ was illegally taken out yet dropped it tackle 3. We went 60m the following set and Reyno kicks the field goal. Your team just wasn't good enough.

I’ve said In the tigers forum I didn’t blame the referees for the loss and pointed out that exact set you are talking about

However if the roles were reversed I’m sure you’d be filthy too

The NRL are literally saying we should have had an 8 point try and also should have got the ball on an instance where souths scored 1min later
M

yobbo84

First Grade
I can cop the one on Nofo - that was dumb and unnecessary and deserves a suspension.

The other two are complete non events. 8 point try for bumping into his feet with his knees that wouldn't have hurt an 8 year old?

Honestly Garner should lose his man card for the way he carried on last night.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I can cop the one on Nofo - that was dumb and unnecessary and deserves a suspension.

The other two are complete non events. 8 point try for bumping into his feet with his knees that wouldn't have hurt an 8 year old?

Honestly Garner should lose his man card for the way he carried on last night.

I actually agree with the knees one, saw it and didn’t blow up about it at all

End of the day though the NRL have seemed it worthy of a charge, and I don’t think they’re in the husiness of charging incidents they don’t think shouldnt have been penalized

Maximus

Coach
Been charged 3 times, facing 3-4 weeks in the sideline

Wasn’t penalized for any of them

NRL admitting we should have had an 8 point try when he knees Garner after he scored

We also should have recieved a penalty on Souths 40m line the set they scored a try

Sutton didn’t favour them though, honest!

If your discipline is that bad where you get charged 3 times in the one game, a fine shouldn't be a possible punishment

BranVan3000

Coach
If your discipline is that bad where you get charged 3 times in the one game, a fine shouldn't be a possible punishment
Well his dad collapsed at the game and rushed to hospital so it’s no shocker his emotions were running high

Reflector

Juniors
2 weeks for the late high shot, 1 week for the late sliding knees, 1 week for the donkey kick. Seems fair, but as it’s the nrl so it will be a $200 fine and a bucket of KFC delivered to his door.

Delivered courtesy of one of Souths major sponsors...

https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/l...e/news-story/83361b08cba7f66a88042d9d3ce11e06

Rabbitohs star Latrell Mitchell is facing a month on the sidelines after he was charged with three offences during his team’s epic Saturday win.

Rabbitohs star Latrell Mitchell is facing a month on the sidelines after he was charged with three offences during his team’s epic win over the Tigers on Saturday.

Mitchell can accept a three-game ban with an early guilty plea after he was charged over his high tackle on David Nofoaluma.

However, the star fullback has been able to get away with an apparent kick to the face of Tigers player Luke Garner and is facing just a $1600 fine over that offence.

Mitchell has also been fined a further $1600 for his second clash with Garner during the Rabbitohs’ staggering comeback win in Sydney.

The Rabbitohs were down 14-6 with 12 minutes left but claimed an unbelievable 18-14 golden point thriller.

However, the night was soured by the incidents involving Mitchell.

In the 33rd minute he was placed on report for the high shot on Nofoaluma.

NRL great Corey Parker said at the time Mitchell would “have a case to answer” after reviewing the tackle.

However, it was Mitchell’s kick flick towards Garner’s face that attracted the most scorn on Saturday.

Mitchell had danced his way out of the in-goal area and had passed to teammate Cody Walker when Garner wrapped him up in a tackle.

As they watched play continue ahead of them Mitchell kicked backwards, narrowly missing Garner’s head.

Parker said of the brain fade: “It’s a terrible look here from Latrell.”

Fangs

Coach
Real pea brained stuff from Latrell. He was in the kind of form that would have him back in the origin side. Might have thrown that away now.

Apey

Staff member
I didn't think the kick out was that bad, at least after reading this forum first and seeing the incident second. Probably the right solution taking $$$ out of his pocket.

The late elbow though... very lucky to only be getting 4 weeks. He should have been sent or a 10 min sin bin minimum.

stryker

First Grade
You should've scored more than 2 tries after dominating for 70 mins. At 14-12 with 6 mins remaining you had a full set on our line after AJ was illegally taken out yet dropped it tackle 3. We went 60m the following set and Reyno kicks the field goal. Your team just wasn't good enough.
I agree with this.
Latrells grub acts didn’t cause us to lose however had he been penalised, the story may change.

super_coach

First Grade
Trell is a serial grub with plenty of form. Not doubting he is a great player when on song, but he to often he is a cheap shot merchant.
The trouble the NRL keep going soft on him, I mean three weeks is a joke. Should be a minimum 5 weeks.

Anyway nothing will ever change with the NRL, their are rules for some and not for others