What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Injury Updates

Gazzamatta

Coach
Have Stone, Matto and Waqa played more or missed more games since joining Our Eels? Would be touch and go I reckon. You need to be more than a good player to be value for money particularly when their cost is twice their worth if they only average one game in two. Decision time.
Somebody will probably try prove me wrong but I'm not having a great day so fu*c you in advance.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The top clubs tend not to buy/keep the stars who miss a lot of games. Those merkins end up at the weaker clubs, and I suspect they earn as much as if they never got injured.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Rheed on yesterday's Footy Show. When asked about Matto. Rheed said he was training but "it's up to him now". Seems a strange comment to make. Could explain why he's being selected each week then withdraws late.

Noise

Coach
Rheed on yesterday's Footy Show. When asked about Matto. Rheed said he was training but "it's up to him now". Seems a strange comment to make. Could explain why he's being selected each week then withdraws late.
I got the feeling that it was Matterson ruling himself out.

Gazzamatta

Coach
I got the feeling that it was Matterson ruling himself out.
That's pretty much what Rheed said. Strange. Similar happened last year then there's his criticism of how The Tigpies handled his injury there and probably the reason he left. Strange.

Gazzamatta

Coach
we need to wait until he bails for big coin at some other club before we all say what we think
I'd be really surprised if there is much appetite for him elsewhere. Maybe at a reduced price but I don't think that would be in Mattos plan.

IFR33K

Coach
That's pretty much what Rheed said. Strange. Similar happened last year then there's his criticism of how The Tigpies handled his injury there and probably the reason he left. Strange.

Nothing strange about it. If he’s still getting headaches, only he will know. Obviously he wants to be 100% and feeling no effects of the concussion

Tooooks

Bench
I had to lookup what a hip pointer injury was:

A hip pointer is a deep bruise to the ridge of bone on the upper outside of your hip, called the iliac crest. It's often a result of a direct blow to the hip or a hard fall. Hip pointersymptoms include pain and tenderness. Recovery from the injury usually involves taking a break from activity until it heals.

Google tells me recovery. Is generally 1-3 weeks.

Gazzamatta

Coach
I had to lookup what a hip pointer injury was:

A hip pointer is a deep bruise to the ridge of bone on the upper outside of your hip, called the iliac crest. It's often a result of a direct blow to the hip or a hard fall. Hip pointersymptoms include pain and tenderness. Recovery from the injury usually involves taking a break from activity until it heals.

Google tells me recovery. Is generally 1-3 weeks.
1 to 3 weeks is for pusseys. Nrown will probably train tomorrow. He's got a $500 to $600k career to consider.

eels_fan

First Grade
Depends if it’s a pointer or flexer.

Pointer is bone bruising but apparently horrible pain wise. Some can play with it, but need a week or two.

flexer is a muscle tear, not as painful but can’t run with it so 3-4 weeks usually

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
The Parramatta Eels are missing just two players to injury, ahead of Round Nine.

Eels v Roosters Tickets

Waqa Blake remains unavailable for selection, with a calf injury.

Will Smith is also out with a fractured thumb, suffered in Round Seven.

Eels' 2021 Home Games Tickets

Nathan Brown has been named in the Eels' team to take on the Sydney Roosters in Round Nine, despite leaving the field early during last week's match.

Update

Waqa Blake – Calf (Rd10)

Will Smith – Thumb (TBA)

https://www.parraeels.com.au/news/2021/05/04/injury-update---round-nine/

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member

Latest posts