What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many weeks for Latrell Mitchell?

Last Week

Bench
Latrell was right to lash out. Leg holding is grubby, niggling shit play and should be stamped out of the game.

I'm glad you think that. Have a look at the try in the 43rd minute that Luke Garner scored. Latrell grabs and holds Garners legs after he scores.

By your logic, Garner should have studded your boy in the face.

He's a grub on Ennis and Smith levels. Face it.

macnaz

Staff member
Don’t hold on to a blokes leg, don’t get kicked. Pretty simple stuff really.

He didn’t deliberately kick someone in the face, he kicked himself free of being held. The fact that Garner had his head in the way was totally his own doing.

If he isn’t being a grub, he doesn’t get kicked. He knew what he was doing.
f**k off you are full of shit.. the guy is a total grub that gets away with almost everything on the field.... 3rd man in, rolls the ball between his legs most rucks , walks 3 metres of the mark , late tackles etc etc .. you would be hammering his attitude every week if he was still at the Roosters.

wazdog

Juniors
So far there this season there have been 48 plays subject to the the match review committee and Latrell had three instances that have been reviewed just one less than Victor Radley.

This thread has almost got bigger than the other thread covering every round combined. Jeez you lot love to have a whinge.

Perth Red

Post Whore
So far there this season there have been 48 plays subject to the the match review committee and Latrell had three instances that have been reviewed just one less than Victor Radley.

This thread has almost got bigger than the other thread covering every round combined. Jeez you lot love to have a whinge.

three grub acts in one game will earn you such notoriety, especially now cam has retired lol

Zoe Palmer

Juniors

He didn’t deliberately kick someone in the face, he kicked himself free of being held. The fact that Garner had his head in the way was totally his own doing.

I was presented with the argument yesterday that On the back of a line break holding a player down is a professional foul is it not? He should have been sin binned.

I found it hard to disagree in the professional foul aspect of it:thinking:

Bazal

Post Whore
Rubbish. How do you kick someone when they are holding your leg? You don't, but you do kick your leg free, with force. "Wriggle" or "shake" your leg free - hahaha sure, that would work. Little jiggle here, little jiggle there...

You are defending an attempted kick to the face.

I actually like Latrell btw. But f**k he needs to stop being a grub. I'm not suggesting he gets barred for life at anything useless but I would much rather see him given a week or two for a clear attempted kick (which did make light contact, just thankfully not with the boot) than have him get a slap in the wrist and then genuinely give someone a face full of boot.

You can't aim kicks at some blokes face, that's my only point

TheDMC

Bench
You are defending an attempted kick to the face.

I actually like Latrell btw. But f**k he needs to stop being a grub. I'm not suggesting he gets barred for life at anything useless but I would much rather see him given a week or two for a clear attempted kick (which did make light contact, just thankfully not with the boot) than have him get a slap in the wrist and then genuinely give someone a face full of boot.

You can't aim kicks at some blokes face, that's my only point

I agree he is a grub, and maybe this is deserving a week as reckless, but I just don't think he was clearly attempting to kick someone in the face. Especially as he was facing the other way. It was more a byproduct of trying to get free which could have had nasty repercussions. Anyway Jerome Luai intentionally stomped on Nikorima's head last year and opened his noggin up and didn't get charged so its all fked anyway.

yobbo84

First Grade
If it were Hodges, Slater, Smith etc who had done what Mitchell done did, youse'd all be calling for blood.
And if it was someone other than Latrell it'd be "not his go", Fox wouldn't have said much, News Ltd wouldn't have said much and the NRL would've let it slide. Swings and roundabouts.

SDM

First Grade
If it had been Cam Smith the NRL would have apologised to Cam and given him a gift.
Small victories that at least he has been charged.

He showed the studs to Garner, led with the knees when Garner scored, kneed Jake Simpkin in the face and smacked Nofoaluma in the head off the ball. That's just against the Tigers on the weekend.

Souths were holding down in the ruck all game, so Tigers players should have been kicking players in the face all game?

This guy has form for being a grub, don't excuse it.

Last edited:

Latest posts