What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Shredder

Juniors
I wouldn't want Des anywhere near here.

He has a history of f**king up salary caps, and as w are coming to the light at the end of the tunnel on our cap now, give him the job would set us back another five years.

TBH Im fairly sure he would want to be here about as much as I wan him here.

Tigerm

First Grade

He has a history of f**king up salary caps, and as w are coming to the light at the end of the tunnel on our cap now, give him the job would set us back another five years.

Yeah, he may not want to come with our new recruitment strategy.

Hes certainly qualified to join us!

gordsy

Juniors
Welcome to the club Jackson Hastings.

The next few months will show us whose in charge and what we are about. We have an opportunity to punt over priced duds like Brooks, Mybe, Packer and Leilua and to sign good solid workers in their place.
Already however we are talking of keep BJ the dud on less money as if that makes it ok.
If we they re-sign BJ the useless dickhead they won't see a dollar out of me anytime soon as I'll know we aren't serious about being a force in this comp.

Last edited:

Pezz70

Juniors
Hastings played at two Sydney clubs, got himself into a bit of strife at both, BJ was silly at the Raiders, if rumours are right we are looking sign Naden, who has burnt bridges at two clubs, Musgrove has had his dramas, I’m sure the list is longer than I can think of now, but hiring blokes who are unreliable or misbehave is no way to build a culture of success. Young and dumb is no excuse, it’s merely an illustration of ill discipline, ill discipline is never isolated to one part of a persons character, it is pervasive.

Last edited:
I’ve been watching the Hastings highlights, wow, what a player!

He can throw all kinds of passes
He’s always looking to link up ( not a hog)
He plays what is in front of him. Great game awareness.
He is a competent running defender
Can tackle big forwards on his own
He has a brilliant off-step and an elusive twist
Seems to enjoy the biff and scrap
Willing and tough.

Shock horror, happy to run at the line!!

Like a younger Brooksy but with more stomach.

He’s been known to go deep into his own zone, and have strange behaviours. Someone said it was like an ocd issue, weird superstitions, strange kind of self love at times. Extrovert. High opinion of his own ability. Very different from what we are used to. Lads will need be warned about his “different” ways.

Brooks will be under enormous pressure if he’s still with us.

There’s plenty of Hastings out there for the panel to enjoy.

Chalk up another run for our man Hartigan. We’ve spent months trying to seal this deal.

Last edited:

BrotherJim05

Bench
Hastings and Doogie would be defcon level halves threat.

Hastings can kick in play as well.

Jesus mate, take a breath before you blow your load on a reserve grade player looking to break into the NRL.

Hastings is purely a depth signing to compete with Madden and light a fire under Brooks' arse. If Brooks drops in form then it's Madden or Hastings next cab off the rank depending on form

Tigerm

First Grade
Jesus mate, take a breath before you blow your load on a reserve grade player looking to break into the NRL.

Hastings is purely a depth signing to compete with Madden and light a fire under Brooks' arse. If Brooks drops in form then it's Madden or Hastings next cab off the rank depending on form
Do you really believe he has quit a successful club in England to come over here to play reserve grade?
Do you really believe the club has chased this bloke for a while now to play reserve grade?
I see him taking on the utility role (from Mbye) until they work out if Brooks is the man, if not he will slip straight into our 7 spot.

Tigerm

First Grade
Wests Tigers CEO Justin Pascoe welcomed Hastings’ pending arrival and wished him well for the remainder of the 2021 Super League season.

“On behalf of all at Wests Tigers, I’d like to say how pleased we are to have secured Jackson for the coming two seasons,” Pascoe said.

“Jackson’s versatility and on-field ability will add a lot our team in the coming years, and we look forward to welcoming him to our club at the end of his current campaign with Wigan.”

Wests Tigers Coach Michael Maguire said Hastings would be a great addition to the squad.

“I’m really looking forward to welcoming Jackson to our squad in 2022,” Maguire said.

“Jackson’s shown himself to be an extremely competitive player and someone who wants to prove himself in the NRL. We’re looking forward to him adding to our club and squad in the 2022 season and beyond.”

Player Profile: Jackson Hastings
Date of Birth 4th January, 1996
Position Halfback, Five-Eighth, Hooker
Junior Club Western Suburbs Red Devils
NRL Debut Sydney Roosters v South Sydney, Sydney Football Stadium, 04/09/14 (Rd.26)
Previous Clubs Wigan Warriors (2020-21)
Salford Red Devils (2018-19)
Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles (2017-18)
Sydney Roosters (2014-16)
Rep. Honours 4 Tests for Great Britain (2019)
Junior Kangaroos (2015)
NSW U/20’s (2015)
NSW U/18’s (2013)
Australian Schoolboys (2013)
NSW U/16’s (2012)

Latest posts