What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels in the media

parra pete

Referee
Do people REALLY think the Club doesn't act on player retention until they (the Club) read it in the paper.???
Are re-signings just knee jerk reactions....Personally, I think Mark O'Neill has done, and is doing, a good job. Who has left the Club that we wanted to retain? Stefano? Would he be in the top 17 atm?

Gronk

Staff member
Do people REALLY think the Club doesn't act on player retention until they (the Club) read it in the paper.???
Are re-signings just knee jerk reactions....Personally, I think Mark O'Neill has done, and is doing, a good job. Who has left the Club that we wanted to retain? Stefano? Would he be in the top 17 atm?

Agree Pete. I like the fact that we don't have highly paid marquee players that eat into our cap like Manly. I hope that Moses re-signs for the same 750k-ish and we keep the band together. But if the Broncos or Cows want to pay him $1m+, then so be it.

Avenger

Immortal
Agree Pete. I like the fact that we don't have highly paid marquee players that eat into our cap like Manly. I hope that Moses re-signs for the same 750k-ish and we keep the band together. But if the Broncos or Cows want to pay him $1m+, then so be it.
Exactly. No chance I’d be going into a bidding war for a player that is excellent one day and frustratingly erratic the next.

IFR33K

Coach
Exactly. No chance I’d be going into a bidding war for a player that is excellent one day and frustratingly erratic the next.

Not sure which halfback you’ve watched. Moses is hardly erratic. Bryce is erratic. Benji was erratic. Moses is far from erratic.

Gazzamatta

Coach
I thought Keppie was a keeper Pete. Lol.:wink:

yy_cheng

Coach
I doubt Moses will chase the money and goto a club not in contention to win the comp or help him get a origin jersey, etc.

Unless he doesn't think Parra are a chance to win the comp.

He could take a Souths offer if it was there, but don't see him going to Cowpats or Broncs

yy_cheng

Coach
Is there a deadline to when he has to exercise his option... I guess that's what we'll be waiting for before we table another offer.

Michael Clarke on big sports breakfast said that Moses had a great game yesterday but it doesn't mean he can still deliver on pressure games like in the finals. So Parra shouldn't be throwing the kitchen sink at him.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I doubt Moses will chase the money and goto a club not in contention to win the comp or help him get a origin jersey, etc.

Unless he doesn't think Parra are a chance to win the comp.

He could take a Souths offer if it was there, but don't see him going to Cowpats or Broncs
Is say it's more that he wouldn't want to leave Sydney. He's Lebanese ffs

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
He could get close enough to that just by staying in Sydney. Storm players take less than top dollar just so they don't have to move their families interstate. Sydney players with the same motivation even have a variety of clubs to play for.

Latest posts