What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 5 vs the Raiders

CCJohnC

Juniors
Perhaps two referees should be reinstated and the touch judges told what their roles are eg. forward passes.

Hooked

Juniors
Yeah and Ricky thinks Fish is scared of Wighton :joy:

My money is on the Fish.

James_Fisher-Harris_Getty_1280718916.jpg

franklin2323

Immortal
The RL media is full of boneheaded drunks looking to hype up some nonsense in support of personal agendas. Always has been, likely always will be.

I'm much more interested in how we react to it. We've played one game since the controversy, a game in which the opposition lifted and we were (relatively) flat. A game in which we clearly displayed (via the handshake) that the controversy had at least been acknowledged in the inner circle. Combine the two and it doesn't look great. If the media bullshit was a test I'd give us a C. Plenty of room for improvement.

If we want to build a dynasty we need to be better at handling crap like this.

The one blight on this side is going MIA in big games when the pressure is on. They lost a few Grand Finals coming through the grades.

Cleary's SOO record follows that as does the performances in PF and GF

So teams have started the mind games. How they respond will show how they have grown

Rothfield actually came out in support last night on 360.

It won't last.

He has the shits with the Sharks at the moment. All these stories that have come out of McInnes signing and Fitzgibbon as new coach weren't leaked to him prior. He is out of the loop at the moment :)

WestyLife

First Grade
Just watched the episode because they're on after my bed time so only saw the Ricky "Wighton scared they're entire team" line. Kenty then goes on to talk about small guys niggling because they won't get hit. I dare Kent to take a drive to Mt Druitt where half the team, including Crichton and Luai, are from. They don't care about punches haha.

betcats

Referee
Wighton has the biggest unearned tough guy rep ever. I can't remember who it was but in a game he unloaded on a player who was in front of him with his hands down and did no damage, seriously didnt rock the guy at all. Then the footage of his drunk brawl doesnt make him look like he can throw them at all.

WestyLife

First Grade
Wighton has the biggest unearned tough guy rep ever. I can't remember who it was but in a game he unloaded on a player who was in front of him with his hands down and did no damage. Then the footage of his drunk brawl doesnt make him look like he can throw them at all.
Apparently he was a boxer pre nrl and can throw hands good is the talk.

Jane Murray

Bench
Wighton has the biggest unearned tough guy rep ever. I can't remember who it was but in a game he unloaded on a player who was in front of him with his hands down and did no damage, seriously didnt rock the guy at all. Then the footage of his drunk brawl doesnt make him look like he can throw them at all.
Yeah but he was inebriated, so he has that excuse.

The_Frog

First Grade
It won't last.

He has the shits with the Sharks at the moment. All these stories that have come out of McInnes signing and Fitzgibbon as new coach weren't leaked to him prior. He is out of the loop at the moment :)
It's more they've got the shits with him isn't it?

Exsilium

First Grade
Classic deflection.

Get beaten, talk shit about the opposition, create the illusion that they’re (we) smug merkins and as the media catch on to it, you go back to the tape to see why you really lost and try to improve next week.