What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 Vs Knights

franklin2323

Immortal
It's not really that stacked. Momirovski isn't that great and Rennings is next up ready to go it seems.

Naden is better than both. Momirovski might have him covered defensively, but with Naden on that right edge his attack is not only better so his the winger outside him.

That said it's fine if the club (or Ivan) feels let down by Naden and would prefer not to pick him for what he did last season. You could argue he doesn't deserve it based on that alone and honestly he probably doesn't. The guy was lucky not to cop a 4 year ban.

Not going great? He has pretty decent numbers is starting to get a partnership with Staines. Linked a couple of near chances on the weekend

Rennings won't play centre. Edwards will push Crichton to the centres

This is the top 21 without a doubt

Last edited:

chrisD

Coach
Naden’s reading in defence at centre is not up to the standard of our first grade team. We have standards so that we may defend as a team, we don’t carry poor defenders who those inside and outside of can not rely on to do their job. This isn’t just words unlike with a lot of coaches, Ivan actually believes it and coaches and selects by it.

Girds89

Bench
I'd think if momo is ruled out there is still a chance naden plays tbh.

I reckon ivan, in typical ic fashion could be protecting naden.

The media would be all over him this week if he was named in the team. Be a story in the paper every day.

If the club truly has no intention of playing him in fg again than imo we should allow his early release immediately. No point having a bloke here that the club won't play. That time and effort can be better put into another junior in the top 30 or picking someone else up on the cheap who needs a chance.

franklin2323

Immortal

The media would be all over him this week if he was named in the team. Be a story in the paper every day.

If the club truly has no intention of playing him in fg again than imo we should allow his early release immediately. No point having a bloke here that the club won't play. That time and effort can be better put into another junior in the top 30 or picking someone else up on the cheap who needs a chance.

No one outside the 21 can play. A fit Edwards changes the whole 21 really

WestyLife

First Grade

You won't get an exemption with Jennings in the top 30

Crichton/Burton/Mom are no surprise to be infront of it. I'd have him next winger up though.

This late in the week. Edwards being in the 21 you'd expect he plays which pushes Crichton to the centres even if Mom loses tonight. Still have Burton/Crichton centres

tried to quote this and it messed up before.

It's almost unfair

giphy.gif

Girds89

Bench
Naden’s reading in defence at centre is not up to the standard of our first grade team. We have standards so that we may defend as a team, we don’t carry poor defenders who those inside and outside of can not rely on to do their job. This isn’t just words unlike with a lot of coaches, Ivan actually believes it and coaches and selects by it.

Yep, selected by it in the gf and it burned us with may at centre.

Centres can learn to read the game and get better. M Jennings....

Can't teach attack and skill at nrl level. Either have it or you don't.

We won basically every game last year with majority of nado at centre. It was his first full season of fg. He has strong ties to his family and wasn't allowed out of the bubble and was racially abused during the season.

Did very good imo. It was stupid to do drugs etc before. But if I was a coach at the club I'd have pulled nado aside and had him doing defensive extras all off season and watching videos of whare defending. Because he's so naturally gifted in attack. Seems a waste just to give up on him.

As I said tho, if the club have no intention to play him, let him go and properly invest time in someone they intend to play fg at some point.

mxlegend99

Referee
Not going great? He has pretty decent numbers is starting to get a partnership with Staines. Linked a couple of near chances on the weekend

Rennings won't play centre. Edwards will push Crichton to the centres

This is the top 21 without a doubt
His first instinct is to go himself. The only time he does seem to pass it is when Staines is in a worse position than Momirovski is. If there's an opportunity he takes it for himself and the opportunity dies when he does so.

His personal numbers are decent. But his use of his winger is terrible. Critter has been pretty bad at fullback but it has shown how good he can be on the right side of the field linking with Staines.

chrisD

Coach
You are a fickle bunch. Crichton flicked it to Staines once, on a play specifically designed for him to do just that, and apparently he’s a natural right centre now.

franklin2323

Immortal
His first instinct is to go himself. The only time he does seem to pass it is when Staines is in a worse position than Momirovski is. If there's an opportunity he takes it for himself and the opportunity dies when he does so.

His personal numbers are decent. But his use of his winger is terrible. Critter has been pretty bad at fullback but it has shown how good he can be on the right side of the field linking with Staines.

Oates made a great try saver on Staines or else it would of been another try.

How much attacking ball has To'o got though. Very similar pass receipts. Both have 3 tries.

Girds89

Bench
No one outside the 21 can play. A fit Edwards changes the whole 21 really

Not true. As per the rules if a player is ruled out either through injury or suspension the club just needs to apply for an exemption.

Given that api and Edwards possibly aren't 100% fit the club could use that as part of their exemption to bring in nado if momo is suspended.

Not saying it's going to happen, but it can be done.

WestyLife

First Grade
Not true. As per the rules if a player is ruled out either through injury or suspension the club just needs to apply for an exemption.

Given that api and Edwards possibly aren't 100% fit the club could use that as part of their exemption to bring in nado if momo is suspended.

Not saying it's going to happen, but it can be done.
You'd need to prove you can't fill the centre position and Jennings makes that impossible.

And he’s the incumbent on the left in a record winning fit team. Lol
The incumbent who got shifted to fullback over an actual fullback to put a half at centre....

The Teach

Juniors
Nathen. Taylor reporting only a few hundred GA tickets left could be another full house
Being a Thursday and against a out of town team that is outstanding

All tickets were gone early yesterday. My parents were at the club and went to buy a GA ticket about 11.30 and were told there was no tickets left.