What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Maybe Moses has been tapped up by someone with some coin up their arse and the club is aware? Reynolds is far and away the best option. We could defintaley do with his Fonzie.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Come on mate.

Moses has one good game a month and suddenly we will lose something. I have no issue if he stays at whatever his contract states but if he wants to negotiate anymore he can get f**ked.

I’d take Reynolds in a heartbeat for 2 years with Jake Arthur as his understudy. Moses knows that Jake will take his spot one day and is also exploring his options.
I heard on one of the footy talk shows over the weekend that Moses's manager/Mitch and Eels management have an agreement not to discuss his contract negotiations in the media like Guthos was. I reckon this is absolute speculation based on no info or it could be the Manager is going against his agreement and if thats the case the net result could be bad for Mitch.

strider

Post Whore
I heard on one of the footy talk shows over the weekend that Moses's manager/Mitch and Eels management have an agreement not to discuss his contract negotiations in the media like Guthos was. I reckon this is absolute speculation based on no info or it could be the Manager is going against his agreement and if thats the case the net result could be bad for Mitch.
Or our management is going against the agreement ... or there is no agreement

Definitely one of these things

I’d say Reynolds is our plan B and the best available half if Moses decides to chase slightly more money at a shit club (which I don’t think he’ll do).
i agree
nothing wrong with sounding out reynolds just in case moses leaves to all the whingers would you rather lose them both who do we sign then milford?

Gazzamatta

Coach
Mono Penrith Centre. Guilty 3 weeks.
Bradley next then Latrell.
My tip but The Chook and Bunny to be downgraded. Why? Because of who they play for.
I'm suspicious why Momo's case was heard first. Why? Because it would look bad to charge him if the other two get downgraded.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Reynolds' kicking may be on par or slightly better than Moses', but IMO would not complement Dylbags' game the way Moses does. And the little I've seen of Bushy Jnr, he also wouldn't complement Dylbags' game either. I think we need a half like Dylbags/Reynolds/Bushy Jnr (eventually) but not 2 of them at the same time in 6 and 7. Moses has that ability to break the line like a Wighton or Munster (admittedly not as consistently in Moses' case). Reynolds, Dylbags don't and I think you need that if your other half is a stock 6/7
Drown has speed and power. Have you already forgotten? Running the ball is what he does best.

Last edited:

Incorrect

Coach
Drown had speed and power. Have you already forgotten? Running the ball is what he does best.
Might be better than his passing game and what he does 'best' at an individual level, but he's not real good at it. Moses is still a far greater threat with his running game than Dylbags. Maybe hell get it back, we'll see...

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I'd rather Moses over Reynolds but it may not be our call. If the Bunnies want to make room under their sombrero that is above his market value, we wont get into a bidding war.

BA jnr is about 2 years off NRL, assuming he makes the grade and at this stage that is an assumption, so we need about a 2 year option so if Reynolds is getting on he may be able to do a job but doesn't say GF winning combination halves to me, neither does signing a back up half.

Reynolds is not wanted at the Bunnies for a reason.
Could the reason be that they want to spend a lot of money retaining their other spine players and only need a cheap option at 7? With Mitchell in the team they don't even need to pay extra for a goalkicker at 7. They just need someone to play second fiddle to Walker.

Meanwhile if we decide we won't pay overs to keep Moses we will need to find a goalkicker. Reynolds fits the bill there too.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
*Bye Bye Bye

nsync-8.20.2013.jpg

hindy111

Post Whore
Could the reason be that they want to spend a lot of money retaining their other spine players and only need a cheap option at 7? With Mitchell in the team they don't even need to pay extra for a goalkicker at 7. They just need someone to play second fiddle to Walker.

Meanwhile if we decide we won't pay overs to keep Moses we will need to find a goalkicker. Reynolds fits the bill there too.

Or they have a guy in under 20s they feel will be ready in 23