What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Football giants confirm rebel Super League

Haffa

He predicted it will happen not necessarily his proposal
It’s been Perez’s baby for long time, before 2009
Yep G14 wanted to do this back in 2000.
The members are much the same except for the acceptance of new money as UEFA has shafted those clubs enough to piss them off.

Valheru

Coach
Where do Arsenal and Tottenham get off thinking they belong in this elite club?

They are mid table teams.

Mong

Post Whore

Now now, Arsenals imposing record of 13 wins and 12 losses for the season so far shows they should be the first club included in such a concept.

Game_Breaker

Coach

I think it’s more to do with who they attract to watch games worldwide
Arsenal may have performed badly for the last few seasons but they still have a huge fan base worldwide and for a streaming service that means $$$

That’s part of the problem of this ESL, it’s not merit based

Slackboy72

Coach

The currency they are trading on is their sheer volume of fans. They are the two biggest fanbases in the home counties.
Being a rorters supporter such notions of having fans probably eludes your mental faculties.

Valheru

Coach
The currency they are trading on is their sheer volume of fans. They are the two biggest fanbases in the home counties.
Being a rorters supporter such notions of having fans probably eludes your mental faculties.

Yeah that's what it is.

What I said wasn't tongue in cheek at all and you certainly didn't take the bait.

As I’m a contrarian and a stirrer, for yonks I’ve worn the odd Wolves or Walsall jersey to soccer training and being ridiculed or questioned by Man U, Man City, Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal, Liverpool, Juve and Barca jersey wearers.

At least I’ve attended matches for both. Something I reckon 99% of these jersey wearers will never do.

And these fans will care less if their team is in SL or not.

t-ba

Post Whore
Sounds like the Glazers might cash out lol.

Gonna guess the money printer they have created isn't enough for them lol.

shiznit

Coach
Now that this is over can we hold UEFA to account, please? This 2024 nonsense is just as bad as the ESL.

I gotta admit.... as much as I disliked the ESL idea... I did find it hilarious that UEFA were bleating on like victims here when for decades they’ve been telling the rest of the world that Europe deserves the biggest share of the revenue pie and also the most qualifying spots as most of the football revenue comes from Europe. :rolling_eyes::rolling_eyes:

Valheru

Coach
And all 6 premier league sides have issued statements saying they won't proceed.

Poor Arsenal will just have to get used to mid table mediocrity.

Haffa

And all 6 premier league sides have issued statements saying they won't proceed.

Poor Arsenal will just have to get used to mid table mediocrity.
Arsenal would qualify for the Champions League based on UEFAs latest amendments.