What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Incorrect

Coach
The sex was consensual by all reports so the player in the cubicle should have nothing to worry about...

Unless of course the footage was sent to him after and he has decided to distribute, then he has an issue

And it goes without saying, the person who filmed it is probably in some trouble, NRL player or otherwise...

Mr. Shaman

First Grade
A woman has engaged a legal firm, who are preparing a civil suit against a player who allegedly filmed a sex act and then distributed it amongst his mates.

^^^^

Seems odd, considering that the "player" was busy.

The Tyrone May victim is preparing a civil suit. Confused journalist.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
“But Wide World of Sports believes the player will not have a case to answer.

The footage barely lasts five seconds and is poor quality and the player does not appear to realise he is even being filmed as he has his back to the camera.”

IFR33K

Coach
“But Wide World of Sports believes the player will not have a case to answer.

The footage barely lasts five seconds and is poor quality and the player does not appear to realise he is even being filmed as he has his back to the camera.”

Maybe no legal issue, but if it is a player, one would think there’d be a punishment by the nrl. Having a root in a cubicle isn’t a good look for the game

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Maybe no legal issue, but if it is a player, one would think there’d be a punishment by the nrl. Having a root in a cubicle isn’t a good look for the game

Yeah it’s more stupid then anything!

I reckon if the current story is correct, I can see a fine being given with no suspension.

Let’s hope who ever filmed it / distributed it isn’t a player, as they are pretty f**ked (and so they should be)

Noise

Coach
Yeah it’s more stupid then anything!

I reckon if the current story is correct, I can see a fine being given with no suspension.

Let’s hope who ever filmed it / distributed it isn’t a player, as they are pretty f**ked (and so they should be)
Looks like there is a second f**kwit on the floor trying to film too. Actually he looks like he might just drunk / passed out on the floor.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
There's not a chance in the world the player in question would have distributed this to big note himself. Calling it a sex tape is a stretch in the first place.

TheRam

Coach
Doesn't make any sense just yet. He obviously didn't film it, yet the female in question is suing a player for filming and then distributing the tape.

So therefore if you go off of the statements made in that article, there must have been another player in the loo who filmed it over the door and then distributed it to his mates that she is aggrieved with. If so, is that another Parra player still yet to be implicated?

I'll say this, if the player in the tape is not in anyway part of the filming or distribution of the tape, then in my opinion he is a victim not an offender of a crime. Why the double standard? Why is she aggrieved and not him? I though we had all moved on from such old sexual discriminating attitudes. His reputation is going to get hammered just as much as hers and no matter what people say there are those who will now always associated him as a degenerate because two young people did what two young people have been doing since forever, no matter what the surrounding. Especially while on the turps.

Hell people in this thread have already started to label him and think of him as a degenerate for the sex act alone. He is now a pariah to some no matter what happens from here on in, while the girl is a poor innocent by standing victim who somehow has been taken advantage of, but the male in the film is somehow an offender of a unsavoury and offensive act. Why? Why the double standard? Consenting adult having sex to me is never a dirty or offensive act. Just because they were doing it in a public toilet? Big whoop! There are no cameras in toilets for a reason. So whoever filmed it can't claim "public domain" as a defense.

Again, to some this might be offensive behaviour, but in reality it is just to young people engaging in what we all love to engage in...random and exhilarating sex. What the hell is wrong with that? I too have had the joys of such behaviour in my younger and wilder days, but in an era that fortunately there were no such maggots with camera phones behind me trying to exploit us on some internet posting site or mobile phone distribution frenzy that go viral.

There will always be young adults that will engage in risky sexual practices that take many forms. Public toilet dalliances is just on of many common episodes that occur in bars and nightclubs. Anyone who thinks that this is a major indiscretion by these two young adults, is either a prude or jealous of their sexual behaviour. Did he bring the NRL into disrepute? I don't think so. They weren't doing it on the dance floor and in the open for all to see and or film. They had snuck off to an area that is meant to be private of all peering eyes and cameras. They were then violated without their knowledge, allegedly.

He to should engage a solicitor and sue for damages, again I repeat, if he had nothing to do with the filming or distribution of the tape in any way.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...r/news-story/d28948fd8b473b9cc608ccd32a81c485

Quotes from above article:
“We understand that those on the video have been illegally filmed without consent and that an attempt has been made to distribute the video to media outlets and on social media platforms,” the statement read."

"A woman has engaged a legal firm, who are preparing a civil suit against a player who allegedly filmed a sex act and then distributed it amongst his mates, according to nine.com.au."

Kornstar

Coach
The only question I have is does the whole act only last 5 seconds, if so that will be more damaging to his brand than anything else.........

Of course, being serious, if he had nothing to do with the filming and distribution then a fine and a kick up the ass is in order but I don't think suspension.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Doesn't make any sense just yet. He obviously didn't film it, yet the female in question is suing a player for filming and then distributing the tape.

So therefore if you go off of the statements made in that article, there must have been another player in the loo who filmed it over the door and then distributed it to his mates that she is aggrieved with. If so, is that another Parra player still yet to be implicated?

I'll say this, if the player in the tape is not in anyway part of the filming or distribution of the tape, then in my opinion he is a victim not an offender of a crime. Why the double standard? Why is she aggrieved and not him? I though we had all moved on from such old sexual discriminating attitudes. His reputation is going to get hammered just as much as hers and no matter what people say there are those who will now always associated him as a degenerate because two young people did what two young people have been doing since forever, no matter what the surrounding. Especially while on the turps.

Hell people in this thread have already started to label him and think of him as a degenerate for the sex act alone. He is now a pariah to some no matter what happens from here on in, while the girl is a poor innocent by standing victim who somehow has been taken advantage of, but the male in the film is somehow an offender of a unsavoury and offensive act. Why? Why the double standard? Consenting adult having sex to me is never a dirty or offensive act. Just because they were doing it in a public toilet? Big whoop! There are no cameras in toilets for a reason. So whoever filmed it can't claim "public domain" as a defense.

Again, to some this might be offensive behaviour, but in reality it is just to young people engaging in what we all love to engage in...random and exhilarating sex. What the hell is wrong with that? I too have had the joys of such behaviour in my younger and wilder days, but in an era that fortunately there were no such maggots with camera phones behind me trying to exploit us on some internet posting site or mobile phone distribution frenzy that go viral.

There will always be young adults that will engage in risky sexual practices that take many forms. Public toilet dalliances is just on of many common episodes that occur in bars and nightclubs. Anyone who thinks that this is a major indiscretion by these two young adults, is either a prude or jealous of their sexual behaviour. Did he bring the NRL into disrepute? I don't think so. They weren't doing it on the dance floor and in the open for all to see and or film. They had snuck off to an area that is meant to be private of all peering eyes and cameras. They were then violated without their knowledge, allegedly.

He to should engage a solicitor and sue for damages, again I repeat, if he had nothing to do with the filming or distribution of the tape in any way.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...r/news-story/d28948fd8b473b9cc608ccd32a81c485

Quotes from above article:
“We understand that those on the video have been illegally filmed without consent and that an attempt has been made to distribute the video to media outlets and on social media platforms,” the statement read."

"A woman has engaged a legal firm, who are preparing a civil suit against a player who allegedly filmed a sex act and then distributed it amongst his mates, according to nine.com.au."
Yep, this quote suggests the player in said cubicle isn’t the one who distributed it, as he is clearly not filming it.