What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Memoriam

Jim Rockford

Bench
That's exactly what I'm talkin' about Horrie. Others have tried to do the "mentally unhinged"bit, but she totally nailed it.

Leo Nosworthy, the last Balmain premiership winning coach (1969) has passed away at the age of 93.

Much respect to the man who won a comp against the South Sydney behemoth of the late 60s and early 70s. Condolences to his family and friends and the Balmain RL fraternity.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Leo Nosworthy, the last Balmain premiership winning coach (1969) has passed away at the age of 93.

Much respect to the man who won a comp against the South Sydney behemoth of the late 60s and early 70s. Condolences to his family and friends and the Balmain RL fraternity.

I still remember living at Paddington back when the Tigers won that Grand final and they painted the Tiger paw prints along the foot path on Driver Avenue.

Let a mate of mine know after i read this who has connections with Balmain through UTS and is a long time Tigers supporter but he didn't know about Leo's passing.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Love playing Air Supply's Making Love Out Of Nothing At All back to back with Bonnie Tyler's version.

Steinman knew how to pen a great song.

Last edited:

nöyd

Staff member
I think I recall Mike Myers as Wayne (from Wayne's World) once say that every suburban home in America was issued a copy of Frampton Comes Alive! in the 70's, I always said the same thing about suburban Australia and Bat Out Of Hell. No matter whose house you were at, on any given weekend, Bat Out Of Hell always made an appearance.

Our household copy (LP of course) was played to death, I remember the cover being held together with sticky tape ffs. An absolutely monumental album. A shame that Meat Loaf will only really be remembered in Australia for that AFL Grand Final fiasco.

Paradise by the Dashboard Light was our neighbours favourite song, whether they liked it or not.

RIP Jim Steinman.

I think I recall Mike Myers as Wayne (from Wayne's World) once say that every suburban home in America was issued a copy of Frampton Comes Alive! in the 70's, I always said the same thing about suburban Australia and Bat Out Of Hell. No matter whose house you were at, on any given weekend, Bat Out Of Hell always made an appearance.

Our household copy (LP of course) was played to death, I remember the cover being held together with sticky tape ffs. An absolutely monumental album. A shame that Meat Loaf will only really be remembered in Australia for that AFL Grand Final fiasco.

Paradise by the Dashboard Light was our neighbours favourite song, whether they liked it or not.

RIP Jim Steinman.

Bat out of hell was the first CD I ever bought.

I don’t remember him as much for the AFL GF fiasco as I do for him playing Robert Polson in Fight Club with a huge set of bitch tits.

He was a superstar talent, one of a kind artist.. although I’ve recently thought that he was “America’s Freddie Mercury”... in that he brought that operatic, theatrical angles to mainstream rock n roll music. The UK n USA can have “mirrored performers” in particular genres (eg Billy Joel, Elton John etc) and it struck me The Loaf, like Mercury, brought a unique operatic feel to their music... despite having very different voices.

maybe that’s just me but anyway...

Last edited:

horrie hastings

First Grade
Academy award winning actress Olympia Dukakis has passed away aged 89.
Dukakis is remembered for her great roles in Moonstruck and Steel Magnolias and the fabulous transgender character Anna Madrigal in Tales Of The City.

RIP Olympia, you will be missed, you were one of the good ones.

horrie hastings

First Grade
I saw Steel Magnolias, on a plane, as a 13 year old. Bloody loved it. Geez I copped a ribbing recommending it to mates at the time. Still love it. Amazing cast including Olympia Dukakis.

What an amazing cast of women in Steel Magnolias.

Olympia Dukakis, Sally Field, Julia Roberts, Darryl Hannah, Shirley McClaine and Dolly Parton, you can't get much better than that.

Watched Moonstruck on the big screen on Valentines Day at the Randwick Ritz, saw so much more in that movie than i did from watching it on video/DVD, Cher was awesome but it was a stellar performance from Dukakis too.

E570AFDB-96F7-42A2-AA66-1762C3B2971E.jpeg Charles Grodin, 86

Beethoven...lol

Midnight Run, brilliant fun.

Dave. King Kong 1976. Heaven Can Wait. Ishtar. Hearts and Souls.

Latest posts