What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

BLM01

First Grade
Gagai plays great for QLD
Lazy as for south’s
I don’t want him
Pretty sure south’s want him gone

I remember Bennett once asking if Gagai was actually playing post game
100% agree. Plays aggressive but misses a lot in defence
Plays great on the wing for QLD

BLM01

First Grade
With less than 5 minutes to go in that GF Chambers broke clear well into the Sharks 25, Cronk unmarked inside as support but he didn't pass him the ball and took the tackle.
Try under the posts for Melbourne and game over.
CC
Yep Chambers is another Euie in respect to hogging the ball.
Josh Morris was the same but Robbo has improved that part of his game for the Roosters...most of the time anyway

BLM01

First Grade
Don't know if it's been mentioned elsewhere in the forum or not but just heard on 360 that the latest rumour doing the rounds is the Dragons are looking at recruiting Gagai for next year to play left centre with a view to moving Bird to lock...

If true does that mean Hook doesn't see Max Feagai anywhere near ready for 1st grade because i'm fairly sure that currently the twins are only signed until the end of next year...

If we did end up losing the Feagai twins, i would probably be disappointed, because i always thought that they would make the grade someday...

I guess you never truly know if these young kids are capable of making the step up to first grade or not, but obviously the coaching staff are in a better position than us fans are, to be making those tough calls...
The Feagai's did not impress the new regime in pre-season

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Nathan Peats off to the UK. I thought he might have been a cheap depth signing for us to cover McCullough.

https://www.nospam21.com/nathan-peats-finds-new-club-for-2021-leigh-centurions-102143/

A hooker forward who I regretted we lost was Siliva Havili-a real little pocket rocket in the mould of the Sharks Talakai. Currently with the Raiders but off contract at the end of 2021. Tom Starling is now ahead of him in the pecking order down there but Hodgson has been picking up some injuries lately so Havili is No 14 this weekend and may now be required for depth. Could be worth an approach for an early release however- particularly as their outside backs are looking pretty ordinary and they may wish to free up some cash before 30 June to reinforce that area.

Maddragon99

Juniors
A hooker forward who I regretted we lost was Siliva Havili-a real little pocket rocket in the mould of the Sharks Talakai. Currently with the Raiders but off contract at the end of 2021. Tom Starling is now ahead of him in the pecking order down there but Hodgson has been picking up some injuries lately so Havili is No 14 this weekend and may now be required for depth. Could be worth an approach for an early release however- particularly as their outside backs are looking pretty ordinary and they may wish to free up some cash before 30 June to reinforce that area.
I’ve been thinking for a while Shaun Sauni-Esau could be a trade piece. He’s down the pecking order with us but a very bright prospect. We have a lot of talented kids but we won’t be able to keep them all.

Como Connection

First Grade
Another McDope move!
CC

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
So Hook said he didnt know about Merrin retiring until Monday this week?

We brought on McGuire last week.

So based on that info we now have money available to spend which is very interesting.