What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL 360 + other footy shows

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I'm wondering - why was it handled horribly/harshly?

what could they have done better? ...... it played out in the media as harsh purely because many like Morris and think he has done a good job - but thats a matter of opinion ..... but how else would a club go about changing coaches?
I think they could have been more upfront with Morris. I get that they didn’t want to risk not signing Fitzy but I think it is a pretty shit way to treat Morris.

Just my take. Obviously none of us are close enough to know what really happened.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I worry for these coaches who are labelled as the "next big thing". Dean Pay was the guy that everyone expected big things of and he ended up in the dumpster.
Adam O’ Brien as well. Very easy to look good as an assistant coach in a good system. Being a first grade coach for the likes of the Bulldogs, Knights or Sharks is a different proposition.

strider

Post Whore
I think they could have been more upfront with Morris. I get that they didn’t want to risk not signing Fitzy but I think it is a pretty shit way to treat Morris.

Just my take. Obviously none of us are close enough to know what really happened.
how do you mean? .... told him before the season starts that he won't be renewed?

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
how do you mean? .... told him before the season starts that he won't be renewed?
No. Be clearer on what he has to do to keep his job and back him if he is delivering. If he isn’t meeting the standards that they’ve set than that’s fine.

I just think they’ve jumped at Fitzgibbon without giving Morris a fair go. Unless Fitzgibbon overhauls the squad they will continue to be a middle of the table team.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Lady in red
Is dancing with me...

afghan-hound-dog-lying-bed-dressed-red-dress-bedroom-85695565.jpg