Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

A bloke goes into a pub, accompanied by his pet monkey. The bloke buys a drink. The monkey runs around the bar, eating everything it can lay hands on; peanuts, pork scratchings, crisps and someone’s plate of chips.
He then runs over to the pool table, picks the black ball off the table and with some difficulty swallows it.
The irate barman shouts at the bloke; “get that bloody monkey out of here! He’s a bloody nuisance. Now nobody can play pool ‘cos he’s eaten the ball. And he’s finished off the pork scratchings”.
The monkey’s owner apologises profusely, adding; ” I’ll pay for the pool ball and everything else, no worries”.
Three weeks later the bloke and the monkey are back. The bloke orders a beer, and the monkey picks up a cocktail cherry off the bar, sticks it up his bum, then pulls it out and eats it. He then does the same with a pickled onion.
The barman is appalled, ” Jesus, now he’s stickin’ stuff up his date, then eating it. Why the hell’s he doing that?”
The bloke replies “Well, ever since the episode with the pool ball, the clever little bastard now measures everything before he eats it.”
Is this what happened in Woodridge? Why haven't the papers reported it??!?

Eelogical

A bloke goes into a pub, accompanied by his pet monkey. The bloke buys a drink. The monkey runs around the bar, eating everything it can lay hands on; peanuts, pork scratchings, crisps and someone’s plate of chips.
He then runs over to the pool table, picks the black ball off the table and with some difficulty swallows it.
The irate barman shouts at the bloke; “get that bloody monkey out of here! He’s a bloody nuisance. Now nobody can play pool ‘cos he’s eaten the ball. And he’s finished off the pork scratchings”.
The monkey’s owner apologises profusely, adding; ” I’ll pay for the pool ball and everything else, no worries”.
Three weeks later the bloke and the monkey are back. The bloke orders a beer, and the monkey picks up a cocktail cherry off the bar, sticks it up his bum, then pulls it out and eats it. He then does the same with a pickled onion.
The barman is appalled, ” Jesus, now he’s stickin’ stuff up his date, then eating it. Why the hell’s he doing that?”
The bloke replies “Well, ever since the episode with the pool ball, the clever little bastard now measures everything before he eats it.”
Is the pub in Hay? Where's Trevor these days?

TheParraboy

Wow wow wow that was something else. Last thing I expected.

Some reports coming out Browne didnt train hard, was just relying on his experience and right hand to get him by

Eating a servo sausage roll before he walked out in the ring probably explains his mindset

Soren Lorenson

Some reports coming out Browne didnt train hard, was just relying on his experience and right hand to get him by

Eating a servo sausage roll before he walked out in the ring probably explains his mindset
Yeah I have seen the reports this morning. He looked menacing when he walked out but was clearly off once the fight got underway. Looked like he was just trying to hold Gallen away. Where's @Matty Bhoy? He can fill us in.

Matty Bhoy

Hey guys... it wasn’t a sausage roll ffs :D It was an Oats bar.

Anyway, clearly none of that went to plan. He got caught a shot on the ear and his equilibrium went and he never recovered. He still can’t hear out of his left ear, so I’m guessing there’s a chance his ear drum could be damaged.

Don’t read into the garbage, he trained well and prepared properly for it. He got caught and lost. That’s boxing. Up the Eels

Soren Lorenson

Hey guys... it wasn’t a sausage roll ffs :D It was an Oats bar.

Anyway, clearly none of that went to plan. He got caught a shot on the ear and his equilibrium went and he never recovered. He still can’t hear out of his left ear, so I’m guessing there’s a chance his ear drum could be damaged.

Don’t read into the garbage, he trained well and prepared properly for it. He got caught and lost. That’s boxing. Up the Eels
Cheers @Matty Bhoy I don't know how much you saw of the 2 fights before, but they were excellent. Was an entertaining night.

Soren Lorenson

I don’t know if this is a scam or not, but I’ve just received an automated phone call saying I’ve won $100 cash or 2 tickets for an Elvis Presley tribute show.
It then said press 1 for the money, 2 for the show.

Has anyone else got a call like this?
No option for 3 to get ready?

Matty Bhoy

Cheers @Matty Bhoy I don't know how much you saw of the 2 fights before, but they were excellent. Was an entertaining night.
Haven’t seen them yet but have heard they were very good. Feeling pretty bloody empty today. Took myself to Norths Leagues Club. Made me feel even worse. Not one hint of memorabilia on the wall. Now at the Henson Hotel looking into a schooner glass before the flight home. RIP Tommy

Soren Lorenson

Haven’t seen them yet but have heard they were very good. Feeling pretty bloody empty today. Took myself to Norths Leagues Club. Made me feel even worse. Not one hint of memorabilia on the wall. Now at the Henson Hotel looking into a schooner glass before the flight home. RIP Tommy
Hope you have a good flight. Hopefully the Eels improve your week tomorrow night.