What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How Peter V'landys saved the sharks

it was more than just financial viability, it was also the stench they were creating. Despite selling off the family jewels they are still losing money hand over fist, only difference is they are now burning their cash they got from the sale to stay viable rather than borrowing to cover their losses. Maybe the redeveloped LC and the new golf course pokies will keep them afloat in the future, maybe not.
The death riding expert from the west with no team still going on like spoilt child I see

Ozzi_78

First Grade
it was more than just financial viability, it was also the stench they were creating. Despite selling off the family jewels they are still losing money hand over fist, only difference is they are now burning their cash they got from the sale to stay viable rather than borrowing to cover their losses. Maybe the redeveloped LC and the new golf course pokies will keep them afloat in the future, maybe not.
I don’t know who you are but you actually have no idea what’s going on. Some more acquisition news coming from the sharks that will probably ruffle you a bit more.

So PVL joins this elite company then eh...

Cronulla Saviours...

120e9cd5923e3becb49430960e3d2154

DR62QR76X7XDUCFDDYMW63BMIE.jpg

36b7fa68b7c1d3b5ff3c48b349c4018b

Frailty

First Grade
Why did the sharks need saving?

Don't they own all the land around their stadium and had a development going???

Don't let the PVL fluff piece fool you. The Sharks have saved themselves. One of few clubs to actually profit in 2020, have invested to create multiple and diverse income streams, will have ongoing income when the development on the eastern side of the ground is complete, have stronger corporate representation than before.

The key issue will be operation costs of game day. Previously, the Sharks needed a crowd of 13,000 to break even as opposed to other clubs that would save money or make money by playing out of other grounds. I'll be intrigued to see changes to game day experience when the Sharks return to PointsBet Stadium.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Brisbane Strikers were given the rights to use Meakin Park in 2003/04. Soccer Queensland now have their HQ at the ground.

https://footballqueensland.com.au/inside-fq/about/

I have no idea about the new team. I hope it isn't Magpies as they've never done anything for this city other than take our players because southern Brisbane doesn't have any one decent.

If Logan is going to re-enter the QLD Cup, I'd like the Magpies to revert to being South Brisbane. I think it is important that we maintain a presence in the inner city and that West End location is prime.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
I'd keep the Tigers in Sydney as the Western Sydney Tigers, in black, gold and white hoop design, similar to South Sydney Rabbitohs' myrtle and cardinal. Canterbury Bulldogs to Christchurch so Tigers can absorb the area. North Sydney Sea Eagles, red and black hoop design jersey. Sydney Dragons, red, white and blue hoops design.

Tough call, the dogs are huge in Sydney (I guess the Tigers are too).

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Still doing better than Perth

Perth Red

Post Whore
Don't let the PVL fluff piece fool you. The Sharks have saved themselves. One of few clubs to actually profit in 2020, have invested to create multiple and diverse income streams, will have ongoing income when the development on the eastern side of the ground is complete, have stronger corporate representation than before.

The key issue will be operation costs of game day. Previously, the Sharks needed a crowd of 13,000 to break even as opposed to other clubs that would save money or make money by playing out of other grounds. I'll be intrigued to see changes to game day experience when the Sharks return to PointsBet Stadium.

they didnt make a profit in 2020 operationally. When you take out the $12mill one off payment that has to be spent on the LC they operationally lost over $2million. At some point they have to stop the hemorrhaging money and turn around their annual operational losses and they haven’t come close to it yet.

Angry_eel

First Grade
The Gold Coast and Cronulla.

Two failures that rugby league administrations keep pouring money into like a bottomless pit and one of which bit the hand that fed them and prostituted itself to the highest bidder

If they were to disappear no one would care.

What's the commanility - Both are beaches. Even Manly, who are on life support every 5 years.

NRL - Note to Self - No more beach teams.
Nekk Minute - Redclifeeee

Angry_eel

First Grade
Souths (South), Easts (East), Manly (North), Parra (Inner west and north west), Penrith (far west), Dogs (South West), Dragons (outer South). Those clubs more than do service to all of Sydney.

Tigers and Sharks are redundant.

Maybe we need Camden Sharks. Let's be honest Sydney is now going to grow only in the North West, the middle or the South West.

siv

First Grade
Maybe we need Camden Sharks. Let's be honest Sydney is now going to grow only in the North West, the middle or the South West.

No middle growth, Airport will put a stop to that. Just NW SE northern CC and southern Illawarra. If you want house on a block of land thats where you are buying now.

You are also seeing Maitland/Cessnick region growing after recent Hunter Freeway

Latest posts