What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 Vs Knights

franklin2323

Immortal
We have the cover. Capewell can play centre, Burton can play halves, Crichton is clearly the back up fullback.

Then you have no edge player doing that. I wouldn't have May in my 17 but that would need to include Burton on the bench. Just too hard to cover backs going down

The_Frog

First Grade
If api is back I feel it's really harsh on Kenny getting dropped. He's probably more deserving of getting the 14 spot with how well he's played.
This is fine so long as you don't get injuries in the backs. May came on and played the second half at FB against the Storm and we won the game. Kenny is a tackling machine and a good dummy half but not a utility, so back up hooker is his role at this point.

WestyLife

First Grade
This is fine so long as you don't get injuries in the backs. May came on and played the second half at FB against the Storm and we won the game. Kenny is a tackling machine and a good dummy half but not a utility, so back up hooker is his role at this point.

Capewell to centre and shift as needed.

franklin2323

Immortal

He could handle the middle role that May does covering for Yeo. He would struggle if a back went down

On the flip side Burton could handle the edge but is untried in the middle. So may struggle in that role

maple_69

Bench
I’m pro dropping May. He adds nothing when he comes on unless it’s injury cover.

if Kenny is our 4th bench guy he covers lock/hooker.

Fullback goes down Critta covers, Capewell to centre, Martin/Kikau play bigger minutes on the edges. Winger goes down Crichton goes to wing, same centre/edge shuffle as above. Half goes down Burton goes in and again same centre/edge shuffle as above.

I’d rather have a guy come on an add value/potentially be able to change the game and lean on the versatility/fitness of our 17 than have a guy who’s going to be an ineffectual plug unless something goes wrong.

Smug Panther

First Grade
I’m pro dropping May. He adds nothing when he comes on unless it’s injury cover.

if Kenny is our 4th bench guy he covers lock/hooker.

Fullback goes down Critta covers, Capewell to centre, Martin/Kikau play bigger minutes on the edges. Winger goes down Crichton goes to wing, same centre/edge shuffle as above. Half goes down Burton goes in and again same centre/edge shuffle as above.

I’d rather have a guy come on an add value/potentially be able to change the game and lean on the versatility/fitness of our 17 than have a guy who’s going to be an ineffectual plug unless something goes wrong.
He was offering lots last year to be fair

franklin2323

Immortal
Game sold out again. 4/4 Sellouts crazy that even on Thurs nights getting crowds. 5 years ago there would be only players and families at these games

The_Frog

First Grade
With Burton and Capewell in the side we don't need May in the 17. I'd go Kenny but Ivan loves May
With some justification. May's best position is probably 6 but he wouldn't make that position in very many NRL starting sides at all. His attraction is that he can cover any position on the paddock to an adequate standard with a minimum of disruption (prop would be covered by other bench sitters and you probably wouldn't put him on the wing), and if not required to do that, can come on and make 25 tackles in 30 minutes and take the load off the forwards, as he did last week. Not many players in the NRL can do all that. And he doesn't take much cap.

Last edited:

WestyLife

First Grade
With some justification. May's best position is probably 6 but he wouldn't make that position in very many NRL starting sides at all. His attraction is that he can cover any position on the paddock to an adequate standard with a minimum of disruption (prop would be covered by other bench sitters and you probably wouldn't put him on the wing), and if not required to do that, can come on and make 25 tackles in 30 minutes and take the load off the forwards, as he did last week. Not many players in the NRL can do all that. And he doesn't take much cap.

If he wanted he could probably walk into a halves spot at a club. He just seems to not want to market himself.

franklin2323

Immortal
Jennings in NSW Cup. Edwards will be in.

Still 18 in NRL squad though

Hooker and centre on bench in NSW Cup hopefully means Tago plays backrow

Latest posts