What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 Vs Knights

Girds89

Bench
He's a forward mostly yeah? Was playing prop last year from what was said on here

Hes 183cm and 93kgs

Not exactly nrl prop size. I know he will get bigger with age but most nrl centres these days are in the 96-102kg mark.

Even if he puts on 6-10kgs of muscle he will be perfect at centre. He's got great speed and footwork. Pushing him closer in and bulking him up to much will just take away his assests

WestyLife

First Grade
Yeah I don't get it either. Especially when we need a right centre. We know Martin can basically play 80 at right 2nd row and he was brilliant there last year.

To be fair I don't have much to go on only a couple of games but he really doesn't look like a forward. I can only assumed he runs well so they put him in the middle.

betcats

Referee
Tago was playing lock last year. He’s listed as a centre/second row. He is definitely going to bigger than he is now, I think it could go either way. We need an edge backrower more than we need a centre.

maple_69

Bench
Yeah if Capewell goes we have Kikau and Martin as NRL second rowers. Even if he doesn’t you upgrade the front row rotation with Martin over Eisenhuth and replace his bench minutes with a boom rookie.

Jenkins/Turuva/Momo all options for right centre next year if we go that way.

Probably depend on how he grows over the next 9 months and what happens with Capewell.

franklin2323

Immortal
Tago was playing lock last year. He’s listed as a centre/second row. He is definitely going to bigger than he is now, I think it could go either way. We need an edge backrower more than we need a centre.

This. Perfect for Capewell's role

franklin2323

Immortal
Those saying we need a right centre

Tago is playing left centre not right
Jenkins is playing right centre and looks the complete centre/wing.

Then you have May even Turuva might bulk up to centre.

Burns gone
Likely Capewell gone

Then where? So the sooner Tago has a run the better

betcats

Referee
Those saying we need a right centre

Tago is playing left centre not right
Jenkins is playing right centre and looks the complete centre/wing.

Then you have May even Turuva might bulk up to centre.

Burns gone
Likely Capewell gone

Then where? So the sooner Tago has a run the better

Physically Turuva already is big enough to play centre imo.

May looks the goods(very quick) and I do like Jenkins also, plenty of outside back options next season.

franklin2323

Immortal
Physically Turuva already is big enough to play centre imo.

May looks the goods(very quick) and I do like Jenkins also, plenty of outside back options next season.

I meant defence wise. He is horrible when he needs to make a tackle he has the highest ceiling but is the rawest.

They are on TV next week so will be good for those to see the improvement

Girds89

Bench
Yeah if Capewell goes we have Kikau and Martin as NRL second rowers. Even if he doesn’t you upgrade the front row rotation with Martin over Eisenhuth and replace his bench minutes with a boom rookie.

Jenkins/Turuva/Momo all options for right centre next year if we go that way.

Probably depend on how he grows over the next 9 months and what happens with Capewell.

Hopgood could definitely play as an edge 2nd row. Runs extremely hard, good lines and has a huge motor, very similar to Martin. He was probably one of the best players in the trials. He's also been one of the best in nsw cup all year from all reports. He's only 21 and trains the house down. I think if capewell goes Martin starts and he goes to bench 2nd row.

Sorensen is also nrl capable and has been good at 2nd row all year.

Faimu has also been doing well and looks the goods if he can get a bit fitter.

Tago for me if he can transition to the right is a absolute no brainer at right centre. He showed all the attributes last week of a real top quality centre. He knew when to pass or run, he beat blokes with speed and step, and he is strong and took a lot of tackling to bring him down. Reminds me a bit of Kotoni staggs. Similar body shape and size and very similar style.

betcats

Referee
No doubt he'll grow if the club is developing him as a forward.

They are probably just going to wait and see, he’s very young and very talented no reason to pigeonhole him as a centre or backrower yet.

I’ve seen him play 3 and a bit games now and he has everything except ridiculous size. He has vision and skill and at 18 he is looking like one of the fastest and strongest guys on the field the two nsw cup games I’ve seen him play this year. He’s a big time talent, I can’t remember the last young guy who performed this consistently at cup level.

Girds89

Bench
Another thing is by 18/19 a lot of the polynesian players are already developed.

A lot of them fill out by 16/17 which is why they are so dominant at younger ages compared to the Caucasian players.

As the Polynesian players get into the 18/20 age range it's not about bulking them up as they generally have just done that naturally. It's about healthy balance of size compared to lean muscle.

In comparison look at the photo of lindsay Smith on Penriths page. He's 21, and has barely filled out into his body. The club is obviously planning to bulk him up/fill out over the next 12-18 months.

You generally don't get taller once you are 18 so I'd say height wise tago is done growing. He will of course add a bit of weight to his frame but its a careful juggling act with polynesian players.

franklin2323

Immortal
The best I can do. Next fan day I will get better but not much difference between Tago and Sorensen and will get bigger with more pre seasons

Attachments

• E193A702-A797-4953-95C7-29F5506CEB7C.jpeg
    E193A702-A797-4953-95C7-29F5506CEB7C.jpeg
    136.2 KB · Views: 12

betcats

Referee
Another thing is by 18/19 a lot of the polynesian players are already developed.

A lot of them fill out by 16/17 which is why they are so dominant at younger ages compared to the Caucasian players.

As the Polynesian players get into the 18/20 age range it's not about bulking them up as they generally have just done that naturally. It's about healthy balance of size compared to lean muscle.

In comparison look at the photo of lindsay Smith on Penriths page. He's 21, and has barely filled out into his body. The club is obviously planning to bulk him up/fill out over the next 12-18 months.

You generally don't get taller once you are 18 so I'd say height wise tago is done growing. He will of course add a bit of weight to his frame but its a careful juggling act with polynesian players.

Most of our Polynesian players have put on a lot of size since they were tagos age the backs and the forwards, he will certainly get bigger mate, by a fair bit I think.

Latest posts