What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Quickest try in nrl?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Just watching last nights HKR v Hudds and bit of history made with an amazing start from the kick off with Ben Crooks of Rovers scoring the quickest try ever in UK at 7 seconds! Anyone know what the quickest in Australia is?

I can't find video of it but in 2004 Matt Cooper scored a try from a kick off against Penrith @ in Stadium when Trent Waterhouse made a meal of the kick off near/in his in goal.

It would definitely be one of the fastest tries from a kickoff in NRL history (possibly the fastest) and in under 7 seconds - but it wasn't from the kick off to start the match..

roofromoz

First Grade
I can't find video of it but in 2004 Matt Cooper scored a try from a kick off against Penrith @ in Stadium when Trent Waterhouse made a meal of the kick off near/in his in goal.

It would definitely be one of the fastest tries from a kickoff in NRL history (possibly the fastest) and in under 7 seconds - but it wasn't from the kick off to start the match..

Club legend and all that but handling wasn't his biggest skill. I recall in the last year or two at Penrith he given the name 'palm tree' for that very reason.

Club legend and all that but handling wasn't his biggest skill. I recall in the last year or two at Penrith he given the name 'palm tree' for that very reason.

Palm Tree - haha!

And handling wasn't the greatest attribute of my namesake here either.. John FiFumble....

I was at Shark Park one packed sunday arvo when big Johnny busted a few sharks tackles near the line, and when his nose was over it he raised the ball high in the air like the end of the Lion King, and rather than slam it down for a fantastic try..... it more resembled an umpire starting an AFL match...

Absolutely botched it. But gee I loved him.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Sharks vs Roosters, first round 1998 at Shark Park , Cronulla kicked off to start the match, Andrew Walker caught the ball, passed it to Richie Barnett who runs away and scores, that is the quickest try i have seen scored live at a game.

At Parramatta Stadium in the reserve grade game in 1992 between Parra and Easts, Parra were leading 24-6 then Easts scored to make it 24-12, from the kickoff Easts scored a runaway try to make it 24-18, then history repeated itself from the kick off again and Easts scored another runaway try to tie the score up 24-24 and that where the score ended up at full time.

Last edited:

myrrh ken

First Grade
honestly Boyd puts on a clinic in how not to make tackles in that game.

the effort on semi before he scored his hat trick is my fave I think

holy hell! Is he pretending to rake it out from the wrong side? The next one where he deliberately runs past jennings is a beauty too.

Latest posts