What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 7 vs Manly @ Bankwest Stadium

Who will win? Round 7: Wests Tigers v Manly

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mikaele I thought played well and lifted the team in his past two outings, MCK in the centre’s is an insult to the players in the lower grade that fill that position, but I expect Mbye to possibly fill that role.

Tiger05

First Grade
MCK has been good in reserves. I assume he is playing centre. I also think Madge is getting value out of Mbye coming in to that 3rd play maker role.

Let's see what happens.

Anyone else notice Lauries problems in defence, in the first couple of games there were times he was out of position but I gave him the benefit of the doubt, but agains Souths three times he was beaten pretty bad that lead to tries, over time I’m hoping he will work it out other than that he has been outstanding.

Perth Tiger

Bench
After seeing that team, Manly 13+

CheeKam in the centers F#*k me
Given Simpkin lasted 80+ on debut proving he can go the full distance it wouldn't surprise me if there is a switcharoo with Mbye starting as center where he can still cover hooker or another injury if needed.

Perth Tiger

Bench
Does anyone know the current rules around who we can actually select since the NRL keep changing them. I thought we could only selected top 30 (or 28 since we haven't filled 2 spots) until round 10 which if it is the case we cant even selected any of the reserve grade backs except for Cini

Perth Tiger

Bench
I think Mikaele is probably more rotation than dropping. Rewarding Seyfarth for good performances in NSW cup and getting some extra minutes into Mikaele before coming back to the top grade

stryker

First Grade
Anyone else notice Lauries problems in defence, in the first couple of games there were times he was out of position but I gave him the benefit of the doubt, but agains Souths three times he was beaten pretty bad that lead to tries, over time I’m hoping he will work it out other than that he has been outstanding.
Yeah I brought it up after the game.
He has a lot to learn about the defensive side of fullback play.
It’s not just defusing bombs and side stepping....

Tiger05

First Grade
Yeah I brought it up after the game.
He has a lot to learn about the defensive side of fullback play.
It’s not just defusing bombs and side stepping....

He has a lot to learn defensively. That attack seems to be there already but that may improve a bit as well.

Still he has been great and you have to stick with him.

WA Tiger

Bench
He has a lot to learn defensively. That attack seems to be there already but that may improve a bit as well.

Still he has been great and you have to stick with him.
I think that was Laurie that went under Burgess..It was the correct around the legs tackle straight down the middle and it took courage... Alas no result

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade
I think that was Laurie that went under Burgess..It was the correct around the legs tackle straight down the middle and it took courage... Alas no result

He isn't a big guy. He is going to get run over even when he does the right thing. I don't blame him for missing those tackles.

This is interesting and really good. The Tigers are from 9:20 to 14:43: -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Um0IrskL41U&feature=emb_logo

The point is made is that Laurie like Paps comes into the line and makes the line thicker.

I’m not convinced the MCK selection in the centre’s is our best option, it may be a smoke screen but wouldn’t Talau be a better option with Cini promoted to the wing.

Vic Mackey

Referee
It’s our season here, sad to be saying that in round 7 but it’s true. Losses like last week go one of two ways the next week, they galvanize you and you come out firing, or they destroy you and you get pumped.

If we win we will be, remarkably, one win out of the 8. It’s a very long tail this year.

I have a feeling that if we win we’ll go on a bit of a run. As much as we’re disappointed if you look at the last 4 weeks there have been some promising signs in all games. I genuinely think we just lack a bit of confidence and if we get a win tomorrow that will do it.

On the flip side if we lose we’re 1-6 and I fear we will completely spiral to Dogs/Broncos levels.

Although Turbo is back the Manly side still has plenty of holes in it. Our edges are well shaken but if anything theirs is worse. Match ups:

Brooks/Leilua/MCK/Nofa V
DCE/Olakauta/Harper/Saab

Doueihi/Ofa-Garner/Roberts/Talau V
Foran/Schuster/Parker/Garrick

Both their back rowers are makeshift and better suited to 5/8 (Schuster) and middle (Ola), considering we have 2 very good attacking edge forwards I’d expect us to target this.

Even though I’m puzzled by a few of our selections if we play with the intensity of last week we should get the job done. Issue is you don’t know if that’s what we’ll see.

stryker

First Grade
We have to win.
They are a worse side and have been playing poorly until last week.
At times our mob have looked semi competent in all games this year.
They can still go f**k themselves for how they played on Tommy’s day, but a repeat of the effort last week will see a win.

WA Tiger

Bench
I’m predicting the same as last week with a different result..You don’t get that change from just a surge in motivation or whatever...That was sustained change in cohesion and will to win which doesn’t just happen..Imo that was Madge dropping the fear factor around the team...like he’s talking to them from closer to the players level ? we will see