What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Glenneel

Bench
The jury is out on Walters as a coach, but you would be wrong to under estimating their need of a quality playmaker and what that would do to a team like the Broncos. They are a very, very good young team, that need consistent direction and purpose on the field that they aren't getting at the moment.

Do they need more then that? Yeah a few tweaks here and there, but that can be done with greater precision once you have a playmaker guiding them around out there. They need the confidence that a playmaker will give them and then you can see who is up to it and who isn't. But there aren't to many duds in that team. They just need guidance and experience.
Think they need much more than just a playmaker. They need an EXPERIENCED playmaker plus a few more good experienced players around them. Atm there are too many young players who tend to lose focus so you don't get consistency out of them week to week. Even with these in the team I'll take several more years before they challenge for a title.

TheRam

Coach
If he is “forced” back to the negotiation table then we should be dropping the offer by $50k.

If you think the grass may be greener on the other side you don’t just get to mosey on back when you find it isn’t..

Yeah sure then we maybe re-sign a disgruntled player that doesn't put in as much. Look these players are human and are trying to look after their futures just as much as most here would. This is his last big payday contract. Why shouldn't he see what he is worth? If he didn't care about Parra, he would have signed immediately and said sayonara baby, but he didn't

Anyway I doubt that this will be the end of it. I'm sure that a team like the Sharks may make an offer for him if the rumours are right and the Dogs sign Rudolf.

If not there's still other teams like the Dragons that may feel the need for a bit more oomph. I feel we still have a little to go with this one.

Last edited:

Incorrect

Coach
If not there still other teams like the Dragons that may feel the need for a bit more oomph. I feel we still have a little to go with this one.
Hook only seems to sign ex-Broncos... McCullogh, McGuire, he's got Normie and Hunt....

Brad Thorn might yet get a gig in the Dragons pack

TheRam

Coach
Croft was good enough to play in a grand final. He's better than plenty of halves.

Not really. He needs other better organisers to take the lead and then he can just pick his moments if they present to do his thing. Probably more of a 5/8th then a dominating half. If he lasts in the NRL long enough he may turn out to be half decent, but at this stage he can't lead a team around on his own well enough for a coach to be happy with his output. Why do you think that his coaches have dropped him like a yoyo, in and out of 1st grade?

Last edited:

TheRam

Coach
Think they need much more than just a playmaker. They need an EXPERIENCED playmaker plus a few more good experienced players around them. Atm there are too many young players who tend to lose focus so you don't get consistency out of them week to week. Even with these in the team I'll take several more years before they challenge for a title.

Mate you seriously have underestimated their roster. You put Reynolds in that team right now and I wouldn't be surprised if they beat us tonight. That is one seriously talented group of players. They just don't have 80 minuets in them due to the lack of elite level and mature playmaking. Which lets them down big time in games.

Yes they are young but like I said, first the playmaker and then you can assess what else needs to be added or subtracted to complete the puzzle. But a top 4 finish can happen straight away if Reynolds were there now.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Mate you seriously have underestimated their roster. You put Reynolds in that team right now and I wouldn't be surprised if they beat us tonight. That is one seriously talented group of players. They just don't have 80 minuets in them due to the lack of elite level and mature playmaking. Which lets them down big time in games.

Yes they are young but like I said, first the playmaker and then you can assess what else needs to be added or subtracted to complete the puzzle. But a top 4 finish can happen straight away if Reynolds were there now.
I'm hoping they played their GF last week. Talented yes, young yes, inexperienced yes. It will probably be a stretch to ask for a repeat of last week's effort tonight. Fingers crossed. They really surprised me V The Penny's.

84 Baby

Referee
Yeah sure then we maybe re-sign a disgruntled player that doesn't put in as much. Look these players are human and are trying to look after their futures just as much as most here would. This is his last big payday contract. Why shouldn't he see what he is worth? If he didn't care about Parra, he would have signed immediately and said sayonara baby, but he didn't

Anyway I doubt that this will be the end of it. I'm sure that a team like the Sharks may make an offer for him if the rumours are right and the Dogs sign Rudolf.

If not there's still other teams like the Dragons that may feel the need for a bit more oomph. I feel we still have a little to go with this one.
I think we’ve played this one properly. We don’t want to disgruntle him making him play poorly, but we also don’t want to give him his last payday and so there’s less incentive for him to play well. If we’re going to give him the extra year, I think it’d need to be heavily incentivised or as a club option.

I’m comfortable giving Papali’i his role and if it came to it. And I think the club thinks the same way

TheRam

Coach
I think we’ve played this one properly. We don’t want to disgruntle him making him play poorly, but we also don’t want to give him his last payday and so there’s less incentive for him to play well. If we’re going to give him the extra year, I think it’d need to be heavily incentivised or as a club option.

I’m comfortable giving Papali’i his role and if it came to it. And I think the club thinks the same way

Yeah I agree, we are doing fine in the negotiating stakes thus far.

If he is “forced” back to the negotiation table then we should be dropping the offer by $50k.

If you think the grass may be greener on the other side you don’t just get to mosey on back when you find it isn’t..

All Brown wants is a 3 year contract but club is not budging from 2 years. He wants to stay. I think he’s worth 3

If he plays like an uncaring, faulty handbrake for 3 years would you feel the same? I think he’s worth 2 but if he wants the 3rd we are right in asking for some risk mitigation

Here we have a player that actually puts his body on the line for the team, he’s worth it

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Not really. He needs other better organisers to take the lead and then he can just pick his moments if they present to do his thing. Probably more of a 5/8th then a dominating half. If he lasts in the NRL long enough he may turn out to be half decent, but at this stage he can't lead a team around on his own well enough for a coach to be happy with his output. Why do you think that his coaches have dropped him like a yoyo, in and out of 1st grade?
He was essentially dropped by Melbourne to fit Papenhuyzen into the starting team and save cap space. Brisbane were keen to pick up his contract for 2020, but he was obviously too young to cope with being the main man behind a badly beaten pack. He also had a shoulder injury last year. It all affected his confidence.