What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 R7 Thu - Penrith 24-6 Newcastle @ BlueBet

Round 7: Penrith v Newcastle

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I felt for the Knights. They didn't deserve to be 18 point losers, however they were as potent as me after a morning wank followed by a 6 pack of beer.
I'm still shaking my head over Vossy trying to agrue the double movement decision over the To'o no try. If To'o doesn't get Dally M winger of the year then it's a f**king rort. The guy gets through so much work and is still able to produce quality.

At the moment I think the Dally M Winger would be between To'o and Brett Morris.

The_Frog

First Grade
The set restart rule needs tweaking. Tackle 1 restarts don't advantage the team receiving them much if at all and there's not much reason for the defending team to care if they give one away on tackle 1 or 2. Late tackle restarts are gold though. One restart can be worth more than 4 if given late in tackle counts.
Instead of counting tackles up, count them down, ie number remaining. Add maybe three to that number if there's an infringement. If it reaches 10, ref stops play and restarts 20 metres downfield. If that results in play entering the defending 10 metres, blow a penalty, and if a penalty is no deterrent due to the state of the game, sin bin.

mozza91

Coach
They had a real crack but Penrith were too strong. Luai was brilliant he’s much better than Cleary. Has to be the NSW 5/8 even though he’s a merkin.

The_Frog

First Grade
They had a real crack but Penrith were too strong. Luai was brilliant he’s much better than Cleary. Has to be the NSW 5/8 even though he’s a merkin.
That's like saying Preston Campbell was better than Craig Gower in the 2003 side. One runs the side and the other has the x factor.

soc123_au

Staff member

Luai was a bit impatient last night. To be fair though the ballsy plays are part of what makes him good. You're off your head if you think he is much better than Cleary. Much different is the better description. They compliment each other very well.

mozza91

Coach
Cleary is barely a threat outside of his kicking game. He’s a solid halfback. Luai is your focal point of attack.

If Cleary gets hurt this year Burton takes his spot with little effect on the side. Lose Luai and your attack is in strife.

perverse

Referee
Instead of counting tackles up, count them down, ie number remaining. Add maybe three to that number if there's an infringement. If it reaches 10, ref stops play and restarts 20 metres downfield. If that results in play entering the defending 10 metres, blow a penalty, and if a penalty is no deterrent due to the state of the game, sin bin.
And if there's more than 3 infringements within a 10 minute period, or within 3 sets of 6, we'll settle it with a 3 legged sack race between the opposing wingers closest to the 2nd infringement (if the game is on a Friday or Sunday). Thursday and Saturday games result in a game of soggy sao between the players with the 2 biggest knobs on each team.

The_Frog

First Grade
And if there's more than 3 infringements within a 10 minute period, or within 3 sets of 6, we'll settle it with a 3 legged sack race between the opposing wingers closest to the 2nd infringement (if the game is on a Friday or Sunday). Thursday and Saturday games result in a game of soggy sao between the players with the 2 biggest knobs on each team.
Are you saying it's too hard for you to understand?

soc123_au

Staff member
Cleary is barely a threat outside of his kicking game. He’s a solid halfback. Luai is your focal point of attack.

If Cleary gets hurt this year Burton takes his spot with little effect on the side. Lose Luai and your attack is in strife.

Before last night Luai is first in the NRL for try assists, Cleary is sixth. They are first & eleventh for linebreak assists respectively. No one is arguing that Luai isn't more dangerous in attack, but credit where it's due for Nathan. I don't think either would be as effective without the other.

Smug Panther

First Grade

Nathan is far more important. Best player in the comp atm

mozza91

Coach
He’s not even the best half in his team.

He’s a very good player but he’s not up with the likes of Munster and Tedesco. Not until he starts dominating in big games.

perverse

Referee
Are you saying it's too hard for you to understand?
I was having a laugh. lol. Having said that, I do think the idea is too convoluted for teams (and possibly refs) to keep track of in the heat of the moment mid-game, yeah.

Munted

Bench
Luai was a bit impatient last night. To be fair though the ballsy plays are part of what makes him good. You're off your head if you think he is much better than Cleary. Much different is the better description. They compliment each other very well.
Impatient is a good way to describe it, almost like he was 1 page ahead of the players around him on the play and a few plays broke down around him as he tried to force every break into a try scoring play.
In saying that, he was very good to watch last night. Knights right edge defence looked completely rattled a few times and even i was a bit lost watching the TV to work out what Luai was upto.