What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dugan to Rugby

Quicksilver

Bench
I'm not sure if I'm in the minority or majority here but I've liked what Duges has brought to our team. I do think he was over paid but he called out the Sloth so that makes up for that!!
He'd kill it in Japanese Rugby as an inside centre.

Yeah I like him.

I’d offer 1 year at $200k or something. If he can do better so be it.

If I were him I’d look seriously at Japanese Rugby. Would be a fun way to finish off.

shadowboxer

First Grade
Can’t fault his effort and having a dead set go in recent times but he is broken and done. If he is being offered a gig elsewhere for something remotely financially reasonable- take it Duges...
Not sure how he would go up Japan way - then again not getting papped on the rooftop of an onsen smashing sake is a bonus

Marchad

Juniors
I like Dugan as well.

I'm not emotionally attached though and don't care if he goes.

Before it appears and is escalated into bullshit mythical status I would point out that between 2018 and 2020 inclusive he played 85% of available games.
I like Dugan as well he is always prepared to put his body on the line. The only problem I have with Dugan is that when he does make a big play sometimes he does a slow the play the ball as he has slightly hurt himself.

DJDL

Bench
I have to admit I was completely underwhelmed when we signed Duges and Moylan. At the time I was slightly more in favour of the Moylan signing, thinking Duges overrated and past his best.

He's won me over though. Gives it everything he has every week. Does the tough stuff and never shirks his responsibility. The flashy stuff from his younger days is no longer there but he's still a solid, reliable centre and better than any other options we currently have.

His pay packet is questionable, no doubt. That aside, I've grown to love him.

bmaccc

Juniors
He's generally pretty solid for us, can't question his effort. IMO He's still probably worth 400ish on a 1 year deal but from the sounds of things theres no way he will take that

R-15-3

Bench
Can’t believe I’m saying it but I’d rather move Tracey into the centres and bring up old MacDonald on the wing

Special K

Coach
I like Dugan as well.

I'm not emotionally attached though and don't care if he goes.

Before it appears and is escalated into bullshit mythical status I would point out that between 2018 and 2020 inclusive he played 85% of available games.
What’s the average game time he played though? That’s my issue. Before he came to us he averaged 71 minutes a game at the dragons which as a centre/fullback is f**ked because it means you have to shuffle around every game.

I rate Dugan but I can’t trust him. Especially in 2022/2023 even at 400k.

Griffoshark66

First Grade
A bloke his size needs to run straight. He can be effective at time when he's crabbing and spinning, but he does it every f**king run he takes. Even rucking it off our own line. I've been a supporter but if we are opening a premiership window (if), he can't be in our squad.

shadowboxer

First Grade
I don’t think he or his manager are that bright - either that or can’t read the room. $500k?
I guess you don’t ask you don’t get

Inferno

Coach
A bloke his size needs to run straight. He can be effective at time when he's crabbing and spinning, but he does it every f**king run he takes. Even rucking it off our own line. I've been a supporter but if we are opening a premiership window (if), he can't be in our squad.

He's the classic player who will run where he wants and not where the team needs.

Crabbing across the field gets us no yardage but gets him a lot of tackle breaks.

Hopefully soon we can start resting him or dropping him and some of the young'uns coming through can get a crack.

This year is a write off, does it matter if we finish 15th vs 12th?