What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Stadium Rebuild and other stuff

Suitman

Post Whore
Another office tower for Parra in the pipeline.
There really is a good mix of commercial and residential in the planning.
This is another office tower over the 200 meter mark for Parra.

Concept Architect Fender Katsalidis

Next steps - exhibition of DCP then design excellence competition and then DA lodged.

51127788420_9b18cfe4f2_o.jpg

https://businesspapers.parracity.nsw.gov.au/Open/2021/04/OC_12042021_AGN_667_AT.PDF

51126712352_760ff5eb0b_b.jpg

51126888568_31e82b9b77_b.jpg

51126888653_a6c52c130c_b.jpg

51127788465_66476120e4_h.jpg

Eelogical

Referee
I'm totally against this. Let's knock down the GABBA and replace it with a billion dollar stadium on the back of an Olympic Games bid. First: the GABBA looks fine enough as it is and doesn't warrant crazy money being spent on it, as in knock down/rebuild. Second: I hope we don't get the Olympic Games. They will end up having a whole lot of money being pissed up against the wall in the name of the Games when the money could be well spent elsewhere. 2032 games is 11 years away. That's a long time for successive QLD state governments to take their eye of the ball when it comes to rebounding the state's economy post-covid.

Suitman

Post Whore
I'm totally against this. Let's knock down the GABBA and replace it with a billion dollar stadium on the back of an Olympic Games bid. First: the GABBA looks fine enough as it is and doesn't warrant crazy money being spent on it, as in knock down/rebuild. Second: I hope we don't get the Olympic Games. They will end up having a whole lot of money being pissed up against the wall in the name of the Games when the money could be well spent elsewhere. 2032 games is 11 years away. That's a long time for successive QLD state governments to take their eye of the ball when it comes to rebounding the state's economy post-covid.

A small benefit to cricket's limited season but yet another major leg up for the AFL. f**k 'em.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore

The area is dated and could do with an upgrade. Bring on the Olympics.

Brisbane is on the precipice of being a world class city. I like their ambition and wish them well.

TheRam

Coach
A small benefit to cricket's limited season but yet another major leg up for the AFL. f**k 'em.

It's amazing that virtually 90% of all stadium upgrades end up benefitting the AFL the most and their crowds increase on the back of it.

The NRL is so behind the eight ball here. I still don't think we should go to Perth unless the NRL can secure a brand new rectangular stadium in the city. Otherwise we will always be seen as the ugly sister to the people of WA. The AFL always has all the bells and whistles, while we only get hand me downs and patch up jobs. We look so second class and amateur in comparison and the public treat us that way in response.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
It's amazing that virtually 90% of all stadium upgrades end up benefitting the AFL the most and their crowds increase on the back of it.

The NRL is so behind the eight ball here. I still don't think we should go to Perth unless the NRL can secure a brand new rectangular stadium in the city. Otherwise we will always be seen as the ugly sister to the people of WA. The AFL always has all the bells and whistles, while we only get hand me downs and patch up jobs. We look so second class and amateur in comparison and the public treat us that way in response.

well the practicality of an oval shaped ground suits both cricket and AFL, any RL ground would need to be purpose built, so oval shaped grounds satisfy more constituents

TheRam

Coach
well the practicality of an oval shaped ground suits both cricket and AFL, any RL ground would need to be purpose built, so oval shaped grounds satisfy more constituents

Not in Rugby League, Soccer and Rugby Union States. Look at the Sydney Olympic Stadium. How many constituents has that build satisfied?

At best, round ovals only satisfy 2 of the 5 major sports in the country. Rectangular sports satisfy 3. Build them and they will come.

Watch, it won't be be long before we start to hear how the NRL should bring in a team to play out of the new rectangular indoor stadium that is being built in Christchurch or even the one being built in Adelaide. At the very least current teams will opt to play games there knowing that it will be a quality turn out for them until a team is brought in fulltime.

Christchurch
https://www.odt.co.nz/star-news/sta...dium-tender-awarded-australian-led-consortium

Adelaide
https://www.austadiums.com/news/818/multi-purpose-adelaide-cbd-stadium-concept-revealed

Oh well the rectangular sports have once again been duded. The above proposal has been rejected for the one below that sees all rectangular football codes frozen out once again. Go figure in AFL mad country. Never give your competitor and even break. While in our States we bend over for them when ever possible. What a joke.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-03...rtainment-and-sports-arena-proposed/100017604

Last edited:

Eelogical

Referee
The area is dated and could do with an upgrade. Bring on the Olympics.

Brisbane is on the precipice of being a world class city. I like their ambition and wish them well.
I'm sure the good folk of Cairns and many QLD outback regions will side with you on this. I can guarantee that if QLD gets the Olympics we will have 11 years of Games related spending and political knob polishing while the rest of the state wallows in despair.

T-Boon

Coach
I'm sure the good folk of Cairns and many QLD outback regions will side with you on this. I can guarantee that if QLD gets the Olympics we will have 11 years of Games related spending and political knob polishing while the rest of the state wallows in despair.

they will send all of Brisbane’s homeless street people to those areas.

Suitman

Post Whore
So, the govt is forging ahead with the Powerhouse in Parramatta. The old David Jones carpark is now pretty much demolished.

img20210428172401-jpg.1428600

It's time that we just accepted the fact that some shitty old house that no one gave a shit about for decades or even knew existed, and which has fallen into disrepair, is given its final glory and relocated to a better position and ultimately, rebuilt in better condition. Farewell, Willow Grove. You will be all the better for your reincarnation.

In the meantime, these f**kwits can go eat a dick. They are trying to prevent a billion dollar investment in Parramatta. It's called progress you dicks.

Willow Grove May Day Graffiti - YouTube

Latest posts