What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 Vs Knights

franklin2323

Immortal
Where’s the minutes in the back row? Unless there’s an injury we hardly have any minutes for him.

Kikau goes off. Martin switches from Prop to right back row at about 30 min mark. Then Kiks comes back on with 25-20mins left in the game.

Much easier to just do a straight swap with Burton. That why gives the props more minutes too and I think gives the 17 better balance

chrisD

Coach
It's impressive how committed you all are to this narrative that Crichton brought Staines into the game.

Newcastle had a dig, they weren’t bad at all. They were outplayed, outclassed but so suggest they were bad is just silly. No idea what game you were watching, great defence, never gave them a sniff other than there long range try. We created lots of opportunities just didn’t quite put the final polish on the scoreboard. Another really good win, solid performance 99% of fans went home happy even if your not.
Their defensive line fell apart every time Luai got the ball, we only had to shift left with some width and it opened up for everyone, who failed to capitalise break after break after break. Newcastle had one point of attack, Ponga, and dropped the ball more than half the time he could get a chance on our line. What I watch is the actual game without a blinkered preconception, what actually happens rather than just seeing what I want to see.

Kikau goes off. Martin switches from Prop to right back row at about 30 min mark. Then Kiks comes back on with 25-20mins left in the game.

Much easier to just do a straight swap with Burton. That why gives the props more minutes too and I think gives the 17 better balance

Don’t think I’m following you here.

How many minutes do you see Burton getting? And why would it give the props more minutes?

Abacus

Juniors
I’m puzzled by what we’re doing with our forward rotation. Leniu and Leota are getting like 40 minutes between them. Maybe Cleary is just seeing what he’s got. Seems content for Eiso and May to play tight and percentage footy for half an hour each. You need guys to play those roles but weird that we’re not getting May into those right side movements that he can be really effective in.
Just manufacturing minutes for May to get miles in his legs. Otherwise he'd be playing 5-10 minute cameos each match. Leota & Leniu miss out as a result.

Kilkenny

Coach
It's impressive how committed you all are to this narrative that Crichton brought Staines into the game.

Their defensive line fell apart every time Luai got the ball, we only had to shift left with some width and it opened up for everyone, who failed to capitalise break after break after break. Newcastle had one point of attack, Ponga, and dropped the ball more than half the time he could get a chance on our line. What I watch is the actual game without a blinkered preconception, what actually happens rather than just seeing what I want to see.

Both coaches were happy with there team’s performance, they watch the actual game too.

chrisD

Coach
Both coaches were happy with there team’s performance, they watch the actual game too.
Good on them. What the f**k do you quote me for? You offer absolutely nothing of use, ever.
Just manufacturing minutes for May to get miles in his legs. Otherwise he'd be playing 5-10 minute cameos each match. Leota & Leniu miss out as a result.
Ok but really why not just take them off Capewell/Kikau?

Last edited:

Girds89

Bench
Leota seems to be the one missing out for me. Not sure how he only gets 25 minutes. Thought he was our best forward in his first stint & seems to have gone up another level from last year but his minutes seem to be decreasing. Seems pointless carrying Eiso & Leniu on the bench with Martin & May spending time in the middle.

Spot on. IC has really got his bench rotation all wrong. Just cause we are winning doesn't mean it's working. Leota sitting on the bench from the 25th min till the 75th is ridiculous.

WestyLife

First Grade
Spot on. IC has really got his bench rotation all wrong. Just cause we are winning doesn't mean it's working. Leota sitting on the bench from the 25th min till the 75th is ridiculous.

Yeah but Tyrone May needs more minutes than him.

kinghippo

Juniors
It was another good win last night, great to see Crichton step up a bit, and I was very happy with Edwards game.

As others have mentioned, the forward rotation is not really working very well at the moment.

The last few weeks we have noticeably lost the forward tussle after the 20 minute changes.

I like the idea of starting with fish and Spencer, especially with whatever is going on with eisenhuth.
I would also consider starting kiks off the bench, and leaving him on once he was on the field.

All technicalities aside we are still undefeated and once again didn't really look like loosing, its a great time to be a Panthers fan :grinning:

Girds89

Bench
With the way ivan is using tmay I really don't think he's our best 14 when api is back.

Hes basically been using him as a ball playing prop which is stupid.

Given luai basically exclusively plays on the left, tmay should be playing the 3rd half role on the right or 2md reciever on the right after natg gets it. Tmsy has a good short passing game, and short kicking game and comes up with good options when playing that role.

But ic has gone away from it this year and tmay has been completely ineffective.

If he continues to use him in that role we are better off having Kenny in the side. Giving api a break. I know api can play 80 but he's running game coming back on fresh with 25 to go against exhausted forwards in the game this year would be lethal.

betcats

Referee

You’re just rambling on throwing a tantrum cause most are happy with the performance and you’re not.

Girds89

Bench
I thought for his first go on the right he was terrific. Defensively was good given its a real change switching sides.

In attack he made almost 200m and although nothing come off he actually looked to set up Charlie.

I've never tried to attack momo. He's done really well so far. It's not a critta vs momo thing which some on here seem to think.

It's a what is best for the team thing... what will get us to the gf again and help us go one further.

It's been one game and is too early to judge but if critta continues like this then imo the best thing for the team is Burton playing 80, which means him on the left and critta right.

It would be harsh on momo but hard decisions have to be made as a head coach sometimes

WestyLife

First Grade
I thought for his first go on the right he was terrific. Defensively was good given its a real change switching sides.

In attack he made almost 200m and although nothing come off he actually looked to set up Charlie.

I've never tried to attack momo. He's done really well so far. It's not a critta vs momo thing which some on here seem to think.

It's a what is best for the team thing... what will get us to the gf again and help us go one further.

It's been one game and is too early to judge but if critta continues like this then imo the best thing for the team is Burton playing 80, which means him on the left and critta right.

It would be harsh on momo but hard decisions have to be made as a head coach sometimes

Can I like this twice. I like Momirovski a lot. I like Burton/Critta more.

Original Name

Juniors
Bullshit.
Yep he looks to pass all the time, he set sauce up plenty of times last year.
I don't remember that happening once.
He's dummied to unmarked Mansour a bunch of times last year. Type "Crichton pass the ball" or something similar into some social media site like Facebook or Twitter and you'll find mostly supercoach Josh Mansour Fantasy/Supercoach owners who closely watched him last year hoping for easy walk over tries bitching about it. If you want an example this year roughly 5th minutes into game against the Cowboys To'o was unmarked like 3 metres away form the try line. Crichton dummied went low himself but was tackled.
I remember seeing more on my timeline throughout last year so I'm probably not typing in the best key words there. At times he showed off some skilful passing I'm not saying he never he did but bomb a couple definite tries, some line breaks and maybe tries here and there. With that said it's just a thing that I've observed that mostly happened last year. I like Crichton as a player in general. Everyone has their flaws and positives.

Last edited:

WestyLife

First Grade
He's dummied to unmarked Mansour a bunch of times last year. Type "Crichton pass the ball" or something similar into some social media site like Facebook or Twitter and you'll find mostly supercoach Josh Mansour Fantasy/Supercoach owners who closely watched him last year hoping for easy walk over tries bitching about it. If you want an example this year roughly 5th minutes into game against the Cowboys To'o was unmarked like 3 metres away form the try line. Crichton dummied went low himself but was tackled.
I remember seeing more on my timeline throughout last year so I'm probably not typing in the best key words there. At times he showed off some skilful passing I'm not saying he never he did but bomb a couple definite tries, some line breaks and maybe tries here and there. With that said it's just a thing that I've observed that mostly happened last year. I like Crichton as a player in general. Everyone has their flaws and positives.

It's funny because in the Knights game he went to pass to Staines with space and he wasn't on the wing, no one's fault they'll get better at Staines drifting in.. He also deliberately drew the winger for the flick pass but stuffed the execution.

betcats

Referee

These are just random punters lol sorry but you can find idiots bagging any player on Twitter and Facebook if you search for it like that.

Mansour had his best season in a long time playing outside critta that is the truth.

betcats

Referee
It's funny because in the Knights game he went to pass to Staines with space and he wasn't on the wing, no one's fault they'll get better at Staines drifting in.. He also deliberately drew the winger for the flick pass but stuffed the execution.

He has as many try assists as any of our centre’s this year and he hasn’t played that well. He bombed a couple in the opening rounds by not getting the pass right to to’o.

franklin2323

Immortal
Don’t think I’m following you here.

How many minutes do you see Burton getting? And why would it give the props more minutes?

30 odd minutes for Burton. Kikau usually goes off around 30 mins gone. Comes back when there is 20-25mins left.

Only 4 props to share time between not 5. Should see them all have their game time pushed up