What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How Peter V'landys saved the sharks

If Logan is going to re-enter the QLD Cup, I'd like the Magpies to revert to being South Brisbane. I think it is important that we maintain a presence in the inner city and that West End location is prime.
Magpies will be f**ked if Logan gets its own team. No more pinching our players.

In the long term I would like to see Tigers absorb the Magpies district. Their new brand, Brisbane Tigers, is a good start. Maybe they could merge ane become the South Brisbane Tigers, although Brisbane Tigers sounds better. Souths were called the Lions back in the 50s, so becoming the Tigers wouldn't be that alien to them.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Magpies will be f**ked if Logan gets its own team. No more pinching our players.

In the long term I would like to see Tigers absorb the Magpies district. Their new brand, Brisbane Tigers, is a good start. Maybe they could merge ane become the South Brisbane Tigers, although Brisbane Tigers sounds better. Souths were called the Lions back in the 50s, so becoming the Tigers wouldn't be that alien to them.

Magpies and Tigers merge.... where have I heard that before ;)

Frailty

First Grade
they didnt make a profit in 2020 operationally. When you take out the $12mill one off payment that has to be spent on the LC they operationally lost over $2million. At some point they have to stop the hemorrhaging money and turn around their annual operational losses and they haven’t come close to it yet.

Right, so you want to just ignore a payment that was made. It's still income. Even if you were to disregard that, a $2M loss during a global pandemic is a great result, especially when you consider it was better than the previous year, and that in that time net asset value increased $17M.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Right, so you want to just ignore a payment that was made. It's still income. Even if you were to disregard that, a $2M loss during a global pandemic is a great result, especially when you consider it was better than the previous year, and that in that time net asset value increased $17M.

on its own yes you could explain it away by covid, though the extra nrl grant and govt bail outs has meant many clubs , and business, didn’t make a loss. But it isn’t on its own, it’s been a loss making operation for many years and despite a massive cash injection continues to be so. Like I said hopefully the management and board are savvy and will turn it around with this one off opportunity they have got, but it hasntt happened yet. A few years without any scandals to rebuild the brand value certainly wouldn’t go amiss.

ash the bash

Juniors
Speaking of such things, when are you guys and roosters merging. Ridiculous coverage for that area of Sydney and chooks don’t have juniors.

I was talking about another "Leagues, RSL..." etc, nothing wrong with that. One day I reckon Souths Juniors will have some stake/ownership in South Sydney too.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I was talking about another "Leagues, RSL..." etc, nothing wrong with that. One day I reckon Souths Juniors will have some stake/ownership in South Sydney too.

are they investing anything in getting more fans, or just buying more pokie licenses?

ash the bash

Juniors
are they investing anything in getting more fans, or just buying more pokie licenses?

You mean Souths or Souths Juniors ? Souths absolutely yes, we run things without licensed club as it is. We have significant revenue streams from Corp and membership. Have put a link on Annual reports thread of Souths report.

Perth Red

Post Whore
You mean Souths or Souths Juniors ? Souths absolutely yes, we run things without licensed club as it is. We have significant revenue streams from Corp and membership. Have put a link on Annual reports thread of Souths report.

wa talking about sharks and if they are investing in things to build football club revenue, or just buying more pokies and hoping the gamblers will keep paying their bills.

Latest posts