What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jarrod Croker: about to destroy record books near you

shear_joy9

Coach
he's now comfortably the worst player in the league.

canberra's hopes now rest on him spontaneously combusting because that stubborn f**k Ricky will always pick him

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
It was a tough kick and the game was on the line. He would have choked. You know it. I know it. He knew it.
Reminds me of that penalty that locky attempted (and missed) in origin 1 2005. Absolutely needed to have a crack. He’s the kid that wets his pants at a year 7 spelling bee.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I'm obviously never going to watch the game from last night but the outside back situation is a huge problem for Canberra on 2 fronts

1. They are rubbish and slow almost to a man.

Now having crap outside backs is one thing but

2. We have way too much money tied up in them

I ask people to just look over the centre pairings of the good teams and judge if they are on more than 1.05 million because that's what croker (600k) and Scott (450k) are supposed to be on. Actually how many centres full stop are on 600k. Centre I feel is the least important position in the game. Melbourne would not be paying Olam and Smith a million bucks between them.

Now there are some caveats that croker would be eligible for long serving discounts but that's only 200k and both wighton and papalii are eligible for it too

So we have centres not doing much and paying too much for them

I'd rather just toss two young guys in the centres and not have the salary cap tied up in the position

But croker is signed to the end of 2024

BadnMean

Juniors
I'm obviously never going to watch the game from last night but the outside back situation is a huge problem for Canberra on 2 fronts

I ask people to just look over the centre pairings of the good teams and judge if they are on more than 1.05 million because that's what croker (600k) and Scott (450k) are supposed to be on. Actually how many centres full stop are on 600k. Centre I feel is the least important position in the game. Melbourne would not be paying Olam and Smith a million bucks between them.

Now there are some caveats that croker would be eligible for long serving discounts but that's only 200k and both wighton and papalii are eligible for it too

I'd rather just toss two young guys in the centres and not have the salary cap tied up in the position

I said last week that contract will be an albatross around our neck for years. People in the pub actually cheered and shouted "medically retired!" when he grabbed his shoulder last night.

Going forward Kris should be in the team (centre or 2nd row). CNK is value for money defensively (I lost count of how many tries they scored where Aekins arrived late to position & then did sweet FA when he did arrive). Apart from that this season should be used to see if Semi, Timoko & Albert Hoppa have the stuff. Then the club needs to go to market.

Scott has started to look ok in attack but his defence is a pattern of poor decisions & arm grabs.

BadnMean

Juniors
.......And in the final minutes say on the 4th or 5th tackle ...Where was the plan to attempt a two point drop kick goal. Even if forty meters out , you could have a shot.

Jack can certainly roost a drop kick that far, no problem with the distance. Planning that far... not his strong point.

skeepe

Immortal
Croker’s my favourite player, has been for some time. So I’ll defend him more than most. But the reality is he hasn’t played a good game for at least 2 years.

Unlike others, I was excited to see he had signed a 4 year contract last year because I was convinced he would snap out of his slump, see out his contract and become the greatest point scorer in the history of the game.

But he shows absolutely no signs of snapping out of it, in fact he’s getting worse. The run of injuries to our reserve outside backs will probably save him for the time being, so hopefully he can use this time to get back to his best. If he doesn’t, then he’s probably done.

Zadar

Juniors

Oh dear:open_mouth: