What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 vs Roosters

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
If Rava has picked up and injury and cannot play it will require some swapping around of players ie: Rava has been playing on the right with Ramsey on the left. JP is predominately a left side player. So, do we move Ramsey to the right and JP to the left?
If we do it will benefit Ramsey a lot being outside Lomax but Rava would be a HUGE loss. Bigger than Hunt for me given Hunt would probably not be match fit or at 100% confidence anyway.

possm

Coach
If we do it will benefit Ramsey a lot being outside Lomax but Rava would be a HUGE loss. Bigger than Hunt for me given Hunt would probably not be match fit or at 100% confidence anyway.
I'd say it is not Bird that is at fault (not feeding the ball to Ramsey on the left wing). I place the ball on Norman who just does not seem to be able to give his outside men clean ball through the hands. He is too kick happy these days and I say he needs to mix it up a little.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I'd say it is not Bird that is at fault (not feeding the ball to Ramsey on the left wing). I place the ball on Norman who just does not seem to be able to give his outside men clean ball through the hands. He is too kick happy these days and I say he needs to mix it up a little.
No Bird has been good and has provided some try’s to Ramsey himself but Lomax is another level at pure centre play. Bird would be better at lock or 5/8 imo but he’s doing a great job. I think Ramsey is a right foot kicker too so being on the right will allow him to kick inside etc a bit easier. Either way let’s hope Rava plays he’s been one of our best.

Hi all, my Rava comment re injury was simply what happened in the second half against Warriors as he was a bit busted up.
Hoping he plays and smashes Radley.
If the chooks are without there experienced book ends you watch Lindsay Collins have a blinder. I rate him as a front rower.

blacksafake

First Grade
If Rava has picked up and injury and cannot play it will require some swapping around of players ie: Rava has been playing on the right with Ramsey on the left. JP is predominately a left side player. So, do we move Ramsey to the right and JP to the left?
If he’s out it’s a huge loss.
I’d like to think JP would just go onto the right.

Crush

Coach
Game day! Realistically it will be very hard to contain their back three. Hopefully Norman got the message from last week that kicking bombs on the last hoping they drop the ball ain’t gonna work! To win today we will need Norman to play out of his skin, hopefully he is feeling it and turns up.
Beat them up in the forwards, run Tariq at their featherweight halfback, defend like lives depend on it and we are a chance!

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Game day! Realistically it will be very hard to contain their back three. Hopefully Norman got the message from last week that kicking bombs on the last hoping they drop the ball ain’t gonna work! To win today we will need Norman to play out of his skin, hopefully he is feeling it and turns up.
Beat them up in the forwards, run Tariq at their featherweight halfback, defend like lives depend on it and we are a chance!
Big chance, bombing any of their back 3 is a waste of time. Grubbers in behind and then roughing them up as they dive to grab the ball would be better.

I think someone reported JP may play. Rava did have a knock last week so it’s just a guess I suppose. Unless Ramsey got dropped, who knows? I don’t know where the theory JP may play come from anyway.

And that’s a good point that it could actually be JP in for Ramsay but I hope Ramsay stays as I think he has X factor and way more speed that JP.
What JP brings though which might excite Hook is 15-20 hit ups a game for 150 plus metres which can help the forwards out more.
Who knows what’s going to happen.
Go the Dragons.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
And that’s a good point that it could actually be JP in for Ramsay but I hope Ramsay stays as I think he has X factor and way more speed that JP.
What JP brings though which might excite Hook is 15-20 hit ups a game for 150 plus metres which can help the forwards out more.
Who knows what’s going to happen.
Go the Dragons.
Ramsey is an investment that will pay off later. Barely any wingers including Rava are meter eaters in their first season. He will beef up and learn ways of making a few metres but he certainly is willing to take a run, make a tackle or catch a ball on the full so he has all the attributes required. Imo while he is not letting the team down he deserves to keep his spot, but undoubtedly his best footy is in front of him.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Where is the doubt on Rava playing coming from ?

BSE I think theres a some talk of changes to the team, wether that be true or not is yet to he seen. There's a lot of IF'S being thrown around and Rava may well and truly play and I hope he does. The point was IF JP comes into the team where would he play and who would he replace?

I guess we'll somwhat know the answer to that around 1pm when the final 17 for the KOE Cup game is finalised.

MarkD

Juniors
Beat them up in the forwards, run Tariq at their featherweight halfback, defend like lives depend on it and we are a chance![/QUOTE
. Spot on mate... really like to see some longer kicks and get them playing out of their corners as much as possible

MarkD

Juniors
Absolutely love this day and game... Living OS means I haven’t been to an ANZAC game for some time now ..I used to luv the 2 up and the Olympic Hotel , beers then wonder over to the game with great banter between Saints and Roosters supporters.. I won’t be there today but will watch live. Silver lining is I bought great seats for my folks , both in their mid 70s who will be there and are already decked out in the red and white... enjoy a great day fellow Saints .. the significance of which is special... Go Saints!

BLM01

First Grade
It was clear the bombing to RTS was meant to be a tactic limit his time running if you have a good kick chase.
After watching the game in full that part worked mostly
RTS did limited damage from the 1st tackle after taking bombs
Shame our middles did not apply the same urgency.as RTS did the most damage from quick play the balls and flat footed or jagged defence lines

possm

Coach
Ramsey is an investment that will pay off later. Barely any wingers including Rava are meter eaters in their first season. He will beef up and learn ways of making a few metres but he certainly is willing to take a run, make a tackle or catch a ball on the full so he has all the attributes required. Imo while he is not letting the team down he deserves to keep his spot, but undoubtedly his best footy is in front of him.
Could it be that JP is coming onto the bench in place of Williame.

St Tangles

Bench
Only play JP if someone is injured

Williame would of been a better option on the wing if Rava or Ramsay are out

BLM01

First Grade
Re today.
Tactics are simple against the Roosters. Bustle em in defence and hold your line.
Kicking I would do the same as last week, Bomb Tedesco and limit his time.
It is just tackle 2, 3 we have to watch their back 3 from quick play the balls.
Result is I think we will put in and try our buts out..but lose in a reasonably close result due to
being outclassed and frustrated with the stoic defence from the Roosters and their superior execution in attack and yardage from their back 3.
Hope I am wrong and we win

Latest posts