What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has there been a worse year with the MRC?

Inferno

Coach
So far we've lost Ramien, Nikora, Tolman and we will now inevitably lose Talakai.

Jack Williams I think was also cited though just fined.

Fifita is also in the middle of enjoying a 3 week holiday.

We're averaging a player a week suspended, can anyone think of a worse year with suspensions?

R-15-3

Bench
Talking bout suspensions was that the last week Fifita has to serve? Iv been fine with him playing reserves but with that powered puff performance in the middle last night and Morris gone wonder if he will be in the mix next week?? Was still in the sheds around the boys last night no not completely shafted out just yet

snout

First Grade
Bloody good hit.
Hits him in the head the many times lve seen it.
Would like to see it much closer.
Would also prefer to see it on matt lodge

Frenzy.

Immortal
Sorry people.

That meets nearly all the criteria for a long holiday.

Contact with the point of shoulder
Contact flush with the guy's cheek (head)
No attempt to wrap arm in a tackling motion.
Lucky his arm was halfway up at least. If it was tucked in he'd be looking at 6-8.

Wasted tackle. Should have saved it for Pissflap Junior.

Inferno

Coach
I've seen some stills appearing to show the contact was with the head, other's showing it was with the chest and then because of the whiplash action his head moved forward making it look like it was high.

Moot point really given he's been cited for a shoulder charge and not a high shot.

Given all a shoulder charge has to be is forceful and not using or not attempting to use the arms including the hands it falls squarely into that category.

No point fighting it IMO.

Quicksilver

Bench
Well maybe the Sharks legal team need to challenge the tackle by using Chrightons one as an example of it not being illegal.

Aren’t they only allowed to use tackles that have previously been put to the judiciary and dealt with there?

I can understand why it would be that way, but it’s f**king convenient

Aren’t they only allowed to use tackles that have previously been put to the judiciary and dealt with there?

I can understand why it would be that way, but it’s f**king convenient
I'm not sure, to be truthful I don't keep up with that side of the game.

Chimp

Bench
I was pretty sure the wording around shoulder charge included having your arm ‘tucked’ for contact. His arm is out - contact using the shoulder isn’t outlawed, or wasn’t supposed to be - this rule was brought in to stop the blindside shoulder charge where the arms is tucked and defender pretty much hits them side on with all their weight directly behind the shoulder taking impact.
Or are we just banning heavy contact now? Games gone to shit!

Latest posts