What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 - Squad, Signings, Re-signings

Maddragon99

Juniors
Blake Dowel
Josh Coric
Jayden Hunt
Jackson Sherab
Well given that Blacker would have been top of the list & we traded him I’d assume those other names are at least ‘23 or ‘24 away. A lot of players up end ‘22 McGuire Vaughan, Sims, Burns, Lawrie, Ford & Faamausili.

We need to extend Hook otherwise we’ll end up with another Bennett type exodus.

thebigredv

First Grade
At this point I think a 6. Bird 7. Hunt combo could be a longer term option into next year and thus would like to see Feagai given a go at centres. This would mean we could add Norman money to the pool to spend up majorly on a classy fullback for starters and then look to strengthen middle forwards and hooker position.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
As we stand atm we are not in a good space regarding our playing roster.

Of our 13 contracted backs, 4 were unavailable (Hunt, WIlliame, Sullivan & Matt F) which leaves 9 fit players, of which 8 played today (Dufty, Ramsey, Norman, Bird, Periera, Clune, Ravalawa, Lomax) only Max F missed out and he played KOE Cup. By the looks of things, both Rava and JP will be out for a few games. We have 3 backs in the DS (Amone, Sloan and SSE). It was noted that Schiller played KOE Cup today.

Of our 15 contracted (and non-contracted) forwards, 4 were unavailable (Brittain, McInnes, JDB* & Faamasili) which leaves 11 fit players, of which 9 played today (Lawrie, Vaughan, McCollough, Maguire, Burns, Kerr, Fuimaono, Alvaro, Simms) 1 was 18th man (Ellis), so only Ford missed out and he played KOE Cup. Only 1 forward in the DS (H. Lomax).

So, out of 28 contracted players (Inc JDB) we had only 20 available.

We are only a few injuries away from being very thin player wise.

Como Connection

First Grade
At this point I think a 6. Bird 7. Hunt combo could be a longer term option into next year and thus would like to see Feagai given a go at centres. This would mean we could add Norman money to the pool to spend up majorly on a classy fullback for starters and then look to strengthen middle forwards and hooker position.
Normy to left centre, Bird 5/8 for me.
CC

Smurf

Juniors
IMO
1 New Fullback ( or one of the young guns )
2 & 5 Rava and Ramsay
3 & 4 Lomax & Bird
6 Sullivan when ready
7 Hunt

Forwards
We really need a first class signing or two depending on JDB

Last edited:

Spazer

Juniors
Privately I don’t think he does. He’s just trying to get something out of him. Injuries aside I can’t see him lasting to the mid point of the season before being dropped.
That's what I'm thinking, listening to his podcasts he doesn't sound confident in staying at the dragons. I feel Bird will take his spot.

Smurf

Juniors
IMO

We are 4 players short to be top 4/6

Need two backs
Need two forwards

We have addressed one of the forwards Molo for 2022

Therefore need 3 big signings

Latest posts