What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Passion of the Kevin

hineyrulz

Post Whore
It's glorious being an Eels fan and living in Brisbane these days. the amount of people i know who refuse to talk footy these days after just a couple of bad seasons is laughable. Weak merkins, imagine them actually supporting a club like the Eels,Dragons,Souths or Sharks the last 40 odd years??? They couldn't hack it.

Someone mentioned earlier that they deserve it, well the club and management certainly do. The best thing this is all of their own making, i've never seen self sabotage on such a grand scale at a sporting club my nipples are hard just thinking about it. Then they hire Kevvie lololololzzzzzzzz, to keep some dopey old boys happy who are too stupid to understand that why they won so much was they had more leg ups than Hughie Bowman. That's all gone now and there is no one at the organisation capable of digging them out of it. Long may it continue.

King hit

Coach
Bingo. Yet I have people defending him by going "Yeah but look at those Qld sides he was up against- nobody was beating them".

I don't agree- two of those series were close losses that could've gone the other way. Regardless of who Qld had in their squad between 2008-2010, those Bellamy NSW teams played some of the grubbiest, most one-dimensional football I've seen. It gave a real insight into what the Storm would've been like without Slater, Inglis, Smith and Cronk to close out games for them.
I got downvoted on reddit for saying that Bellamy was a failure in origin, he definitely was. NSW’s performances in 2009/2010 were the worst origin teams I’ve ever seen. Hayne was the only reason why the Blues finished as close as they did in 2009 before going down in the 2010 sweep. Those selections and game plans just had me shaking my head. 2 wins from 9 games says it all really. Was cheering when he was shown the door. You could easily see NSW play better in 2011 under Stuart.

Reflector

Juniors
It's glorious being an Eels fan and living in Brisbane these days. the amount of people i know who refuse to talk footy these days after just a couple of bad seasons is laughable. Weak merkins, imagine them actually supporting a club like the Eels,Dragons,Souths or Sharks the last 40 odd years??? They couldn't hack it.

It's probably the case that for a lot of them, they're still coming to terms with The Narrative changing. Because for years, they were used to The Narrative being:

Eels: Can look good in regular season, but they never win anything of note and so not worth taking seriously like the Broncos.
Dragons: See Eels
Sharks: See Eels
Souths: Lol. Souths are rubbish
Broncos: The team to beat. Every year we're a red hot chance at the title. Anybody who writes us off is a jealous cockroach or one of our little cousins from NQ who wishes they could support a team like ours. We're the pride of Qld.

But now every one of those "rubbish" or "not worth taking seriously" clubs (bar Parra, who look a real chance this season) have won Premierships, while Broncos fans suddenly find themselves in a Premiership drought they used to think only "mediocre" ie. OTHER teams went through. OTHER teams made poor recruitment choices. OTHER teams fielded sides with no heart. But not the Broncos- the planets always aligned for Brisbane and even if they spent a couple of years in the wilderness without a GF win, you knew they'd bounce back shortly and bragging rights would resume. Sure, let our little cousins up north go deep into the finals and celebrate it. How cute. Yeah guys, Queenslander! Oh no- they failed again. How cute. Back to the Broncos to show those of you not fortunate to support us how it's really done.

But now the Broncos have become the very things they used to mock, and they aren't familiar with supporting a team but equally wanting to bag them. How does this work? Do you still talk footy knowing that people are going to shit on your team for being rubbish, or do you pretend the footy isn't happening?

Like I said, this is still unchartered territory for a lot of Broncos fans.

Reflector

Juniors
I got downvoted on reddit for saying that Bellamy was a failure in origin, he definitely was. NSW’s performances in 2009/2010 were the worst origin teams I’ve ever seen. Hayne was the only reason why the Blues finished as close as they did in 2009 before going down in the 2010 sweep. Those selections and game plans just had me shaking my head. 2 wins from 9 games says it all really. Was cheering when he was shown the door. You could easily see NSW play better in 2011 under Stuart.

That 2010 series I have never watched any highlights of. It was like watching Qld play a warm-up game against some residents team. The only highlight was somebody (a Tigers player IIRC) causing a stink late in Game 3 and his jersey ripping.

myrrh ken

First Grade

Origin is such a short time to get a hold of the team. You need to just be able to steer them in the right direction. You can't have a "my way or the highway" type of control that I'm sure Martina has.

Reflector

Juniors
Origin is such a short time to get a hold of the team. You need to just be able to steer them in the right direction. You can't have a "my way or the highway" type of control that I'm sure Martina has.

Didn't Bellamy once admit it was hard for him to coach against his Storm players in the Qld team?

blaza88z

Coach
Kevvie may be or may not be a good coach

There's no way to know with our current roster, he does get the Brisbane culture though and what is expected, mediocrity isn't one of those things and the fact he's making moves to overhaul the roster is a good thing. Although for this season, we will continue to cop beatings, struggle to win another game.. all of that

Sphagnum

Coach

There's no way to know with our current roster, he does get the Brisbane culture though and what is expected, mediocrity isn't one of those things and the fact he's making moves to overhaul the roster is a good thing. Although for this season, we will continue to cop beatings, struggle to win another game.. all of that
Hopefully kev will build a strong team for when it’s time to get a real coach

shear_joy9

Coach

hahaha

look at the guys record. Kevvie would be scrubbing toilets if it wasn't for his friends at fox and the broncos. You just had to watch any of his "analysis" on fox to know he's not cut out for any professional position in a football club besides setting up the cones at training.

The guy makes blocker seem articulate ffs

gUt

Coach
These whingy, vindictive little Cowboys fans make it hard for one to continue to favour them as one's second club. Jesus you cats won the fkn GF, lighten up.

Anyway I think the best thing for Brisbane right now is if we could get a couple of Thursday and/or Friday night games that might lift the mood around the joint.

Why the f**k's he allowed to cover the cameras for?

They're in there for those exact moments when coaches like him go full genius

jim_57

Staff member
Bingo. Yet I have people defending him by going "Yeah but look at those Qld sides he was up against- nobody was beating them".

I don't agree- two of those series were close losses that could've gone the other way. Regardless of who Qld had in their squad between 2008-2010, those Bellamy NSW teams played some of the grubbiest, most one-dimensional football I've seen. It gave a real insight into what the Storm would've been like without Slater, Inglis, Smith and Cronk to close out games for them.

Probably just as well as any team if they didn't have their 4 best players to close out games for them, what a bizarre statement.

Not a Storm fan by any means but I've found Melbourne one of the most exciting teams to watch this year. They seem to be going pretty well after losing 3 of the best players in the world in the space of 3 years. If Bellamy offered to sign for any club tomorrow the only ones who might think twice would be the Roosters, maybe Souths or Panthers.