What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 8 v Tigers

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
I was pretty confident for the Warriors & Roosters games, they were games we should have been up for. I’m sensing a ambush this Sunday, it’s a game we definitely need to win & the pressure & expectation of a home game might be too much for the boys.

We definitely are a work in progress

In some ways, this game is a popularity poll on Michael McGuire by the Wests players as his future has to be on the line you would think. He was a polarising figure at Souths and his intensity isn't everyone's cup of tea. It will be interesting to see who puts in for the Tiges and who doesn't.

Having said that, attitude without ability will only get you so far. I'm expecting a fiery encounter.

getsmarty

Immortal
remote.axd

Senior players talk shop on Anzac Day defeat

TEAM LISTS

Breaking
Presented By

NRL team announcement: Round 8 v Wests Tigers
Author
Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au
Timestamp
Tue 27 Apr 2021, 03:57 PM
Share on social media
St George Illawarra coach Anthony Griffin has named his mandatory 21-man squad ahead of the Dragons' Round 8 clash against the Wests Tigers at WIN Stadium, Wollongong on Sunday, May 2.

Ben Hunt (leg) has been named to return at halfback after missing the previous four games for the Dragons.

Jordan Pereira and Mikaele Ravalawa have been suspended following the Dragons' last start loss to the Sydney Roosters on Anzac Day. Max Feagai has been named for his first NRL game of season 2021, while Jack Bird and Cody Ramsey return to the centres and wing respectively as a result.

Billy Burns and Josh Kerr have swapped positions as far as the back row and interchange is concerned.

Grand final-bound SG Ball halfback and NRL development player Junior Amone has forced his way into the Dragons' 21 otherwise.

The Knock Out Effect Cup Dragons will act as a curtain-raiser when they tackle Western Suburbs Magpies at 1:40pm.

NRL squad for Round 8 v Wests Tigers –
1. Matt Dufty – sponsored by EFEX
2. Cody Ramsey – sponsored by Aspec Masonry
3. Jack Bird – sponsored by Kingsgrove Sports Centre
4. Zac Lomax – sponsored by Floormania
5. Max Feagai – sponsored by Wollongong Jetski
6. Corey Norman – sponsored by TripADeal
7. Ben Hunt (c) – sponsored by Narellan Pools Illawarra
8. Blake Lawrie – sponsored by Gym Solutions
9. Andrew McCullough – sponsored by Dincel Construction System
10. Paul Vaughan – sponsored by Fox and Jones
11. Josh Kerr – sponsored by Sneaky Burger
12. Tariq Sims – sponsored by Modus Projects
13. Tyrell Fuimaono – sponsored by TLE Alexandria

Interchange:
14. Adam Clune – sponsored by CMG Audio Visual
15. Josh McGuire – sponsored by Deicorp
16. Daniel Alvaro – sponsored by Manna from Heaven
17. Billy Burns – sponsored by Professionals Padstow
18. Kaide Ellis
19. Jackson Ford – sponsored by TLE Alexandria
20. Poasa Faamausili
21. Junior Amone

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2021/04/27/nrl-team-announcement-round-8-v-wests-tigers/

getsmarty

Immortal
Behind enemy lines: Round 8
Author
Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au
Timestamp
Tue 27 Apr 2021, 04:06 PM
Share on social media
The Wests Tigers have named their mandatory 21-man squad ahead of the Round 8 clash against the St George Illawarra Dragons at WIN Stadium, Wollongong on Sunday, May 2.

Centre Joey Leilua (thumb) returns in place of Michael Chee-Kam. Luke Garner returns in the back row which has caused a huge forward pack reshuffle. Thomas Mikaele replaces Zane Musgrove on the bench.

Wests Tigers NRL squad for Round 8 v St George Illawarra Dragons –
1. Daine Laurie
2. David Nofoaluma
3. Joey Leilua
4. James Roberts
5. Tommy Talau
6. Adam Doueihi
7. Luke Brooks
8. James Tamou
9. Jake Simpkin
10. Alex Twal
11. Luke Garner
12. Luciano Leilua
13. Joe Ofahengaue

Interchange:
14. Moses Mbye
15. Stefano Utoikamanu
16. Alex Seyfarth
17. Thomas Mikaele
18. Michael Chee Kam
19. Zane Musgrove
20. Tom Amone
21. Jacob Liddle

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2021/04/27/behind-enemy-lines-round-8/

Old Timer

Coach
Well looking at that team list save Rava being suspended IMO it is very close to what most would have expected last week.

So if one was to ask why it didn’t happen there would be lots of reasons offered up.

My take is that Hook might have had a mind to try something (Bird in the halves) and maybe thought best to do it in a game where you were playing a very good side and were not expected to win.

If you did try it against a poorer quality side and it didn’t work and we were hammered then morale would have sunk and trying to regain momentum extremely difficult.

Good on Hook for giving something a go and good on him for not persevering and returning to what has worked pretty well thus far.

kit66

Bench
Hopefully Hunt is back and we can get back in the winners circle.
The 3 games we've lost we've been missing either Norman or Hunt and I think we're a better team when they're both out there.
I find it hard to imagine a loss here at home against a team that's won just 1 from 7 and that win was by 2 goals over Newcastle. If the boys can't smell blood from the outset then we're doomed. The boys will also be aware that Hook isn't shy about wielding the axe if he's not happy with people under-performing.
I think we win and win well.

Illusion

Bench
The 3 games we've lost we've been missing either Norman or Hunt and I think we're a better team when they're both out there.
I find it hard to imagine a loss here at home against a team that's won just 1 from 7 and that win was by 2 goals over Newcastle. If the boys can't smell blood from the outset then we're doomed. The boys will also be aware that Hook isn't shy about wielding the axe if he's not happy with people under-performing.
Kit .... NOOOO ...... thats it we are done ......:)

Inisai Toga

Juniors
...and who just lost to Souths controversially in the dying seconds....

kit66

Bench
Kit .... NOOOO ...... thats it we are done ......:)

I don't do the superstition stuff. Nothing you or I does or says or thinks is going to affect a footy match anywhere at any time ever unless it involves sniper rifles or explosives. There are no fairies, ghosts or gods and red and white undies, socks and t-shirts won't help you either. Get a grip man. :D

Last edited:

kit66

Bench
...and who just lost to Souths controversially in the dying seconds....

" Lost " being the decisive word. It's what they do.

Just so you all know I WILL talk us up at every opportunity. If you want to be negative and gloomy and bitter knock yourselves out just don't expect me to join in. Don't worry be happy, sh*t song but generally good advice. Otherwise what's the fkng point.

Inisai Toga

Juniors
" Lost " being the decisive word. It's what they do.

Just so you all know I WILL talk us up at every opportunity. If you want to be negative and gloomy and bitter knock yourselves out just don't expect me to join in. Don't worry be happy, sh*t song but generally good advice. Otherwise what's the fkng point.
Fair call; go for it!

Crush

Coach
I don't do the superstition stuff. Nothing you or I does or says or thinks is going to affect a footy match anywhere at any time ever unless it involves sniper rifles or explosives. There are no fairies, ghosts or gods and red and white undies, socks and t-shirts won't help you either. Get a grip man.
Bullshit! It’s real man!
As an 18 year old I stated whilst playing cards with friends that I had never broken a bone. Next day broke my arm. NEXT DAY!!!

Latest posts